IL - July 4 Parade, Highland Park, at least 6 fatally shot, 4 July 2022 *son charged, dad guilty*

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
CHICAGO (AP) — Police are responding to a shooting at a July Fourth parade in a Chicago suburb, authorities said Monday. Authorities have not officially reported any casualties, but witnesses described seeing bloodied bodies apparently covered with blankets.

The Chicago Sun-Times reported that the parade began around 10 a.m. but was suddenly halted 10 minutes later after shots were fired. Several witnesses told the newspaper that they heard gunfire.

Hundreds of parade-goers — some visibly bloodied — fled the parade route, leaving behind chairs, baby strollers and blankets.

A Sun-Times reporter saw blankets placed over three bloodied bodies.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw the breaking news. What a shame that folks can't celebrate a national holiday without fearing for their lives :mad:

My thoughts exactly! I had just been thinking how pleasant it was to have zero mass shootings on a holiday for once. It enough to make some of us fear to attend a public celebration event. Damn shame!
Miles Zaremski, a Highland Park resident, told the Sun-Times: “I heard 20 to 25 shots, which were in rapid succession. So it couldn’t have been just a handgun or a shotgun.”

Zaremski said he saw “people in that area that got shot,” including “a woman covered with blood . . . She did not survive.”

Police were telling people: “Everybody disperse, please. It is not safe to be here.”

As they fled the parade route on Central Street in downtown Highland Park, parade-goers left behind chairs, baby strollers and blankets as they sought cover, not knowing just what happened. Even as people ran, a klezmer band, seemingly unaware of the gunfire, continued to play.

Police were patrolling the area with rifles, apparently looking for whoever fired the shots.

It was a quiet, peaceful, lovely morning, people were enjoying the parade,” Drell said. “Within seconds, to have that peacefulness suddenly ripped apart, it’s scary. You can’t go anywhere, you can’t find peace. I think we are falling apart.”

“There’s panic in the whole town,” she said. “Everyone is just stunned beyond belief.”

Last edited:
Chicago — Police are responding to a shooting at a July Fourth parade in a Chicago suburb, authorities said Monday. Authorities have not officially reported any casualties, but witnesses described seeing bloodied bodies covered with blankets.

The Chicago Sun-Times reported that the parade began around 10 a.m. but was suddenly halted 10 minutes later after shots were fired. A Sun-Times reporter saw blankets placed over three bloodied bodies. Several witnesses told the newspaper that they heard gunfire.

Hundreds of parade-goers — some visibly bloodied — fled the parade route, leaving behind chairs, baby strollers and blankets...

Awaiting press conference. Starting now.

ETA: Six confirmed fatalities. At least two dozen people taken to area hospitals. Rifle recovered. 18-20-year-old white male wearing white or blue tee shirt. Long black hair, small build. Suspect is still at large.

Last edited:
''The gunman, who has not yet been identified, was described by Highland Park police as a white man between 18 and 20 years old with a small build and longer black hair. He is wearing a white or blue T-shirt, according to Highland Park Police Cmmd. Chris O'Neill.

"We're asking everybody to stay indoors," said Lake County Sheriff Sgt. Christopher Covelli. "Stay vigilant right now. This person has not identified. By all means, at this point, this appears to be completely random."

Covelli said the gunman shot into the parade with a rifle from a rooftop. He said police are working to locate the man.

"Investigators are very, very quickly working to try to identify who this person is, and try to figure out where he's at," Covelli said.

Anyone with video of the incident is being asked to turn it into police.''

I wonder if he accidentally dropped it or intentionally left it? He probably had a vehicle nearby, perhaps with more weapons, ammo. I hope LE can quickly gather relevant video from everyone and all businesses, etc. in the area. Hopefully, they'll be able to identify the vehicle. JMO

RIP to the victims and best wishes to the injured and all those attending the parade who were traumatized. What a terrifying thing to experience!

“Desperate search for parents of boy who was separated from them during chaos of Fourth of July parade shooting in Chicago suburb where gunman killed six and injured 24”​

I‘m so sorry about the terrible tragedy which has occurred today. May the victims who have died Rest In Peace and sincere condolences to their loved ones. I hope and pray everyone who has been injured survives.

The little boy in this article has been separated from his parents and he has blood on his legs from someone who has been harmed. I hope and pray his parents are still alive.

PC on now,
Suspect still at large
Shooter was hiding, difficult to see
Massive scene at 2nd and Central
Support from FBI
Asking everyone who was taking cell phone photos, etc. in the area of 2nd and Central to review and contact LE if they see something suspicious
Was a high powered rifle, can't give details yet
Seems like spectators were targeted
Parade was 3/4 of the way through when attack began
Trying to target where he is, could be in the city, or not
Many heroic actions by police and bystanders
Has family and friends reunification post at the police station
Some business owners, employees still in businesses. SWAT is going around helping them leave safely

From CNN live, watching on tv

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back