IL - July 4 Parade, Highland Park, at least 6 fatally shot, 4 July 2022 *son charged, dad guilty*

I am very sad to read it, but not surprised.

It is obvious that he was neglected, and his mental problems not treated, but even magnified by home environment.

I hope his siblings somehow overcame the toxic upbringing.

Interesting that they didn't announce charges yet tho.
One big take away that I get is - the women's clothing as a disguise.
He could have hidden (& I bet he did) that gun under the dress (& yes, I think it was probably a dress).

Like we talked about in the Uvalde threads - these shooters are "learning" (getting smarter) from all the previous incidents. Hence - dress like a woman - nobody will notice you.

But, then again, nobody noticed A WOMAN climbing that fire escape to the roof?

He was able to escape - dressed like a woman - blended in - just like parkland shooter - he dropped his gun and filed in with the crowd of students evacuating.

And another thing - the not specifying the gun - "similar to an AR-15 - what does that mean? It could have been an AK-47 (someone mentioned the number 47 earlier). But why not just come out and say what it was? And NO mention of magazines - he did say high velocity ammunition tho.

Guess we have to wait until 3

He must have changed his clothes before he saw his Mother?? Did he have an extra set stashed anywhere?

Wonder if that is the delay in pending charges.

Jmo
I don't think it would, because even if the victims die years later due to injuries from this shooting they can be charged with that death. Perhaps they just want to have everything possible and full proof to present to a DA so that the case is solid. I imaging that such a case has a lot of variables and moving parts that need to be solid for a warrant to be secured. This is not a simple task and we all know if law enforcement misses the smallest of things attorneys have all the time in the world to pick it apart.

Very interesting read. He has a younger brother and an older sister, and mom seems to be the problem.

From the article:
"The signs were there for a long time," said a neighbor of Crimo. "There were always police cars at the house. The parents were arguing, fighting all the time."

"The mom seemed unstable while the father was well liked in the community, locals told Fox News Digital.

At the time of the shooting, the younger Crimo was living with his father and uncle at a home in nearby Highwood. Neighbors said Pesina still lived in the Highland Park home, which had become an eyesore in the upscale suburb."

Wonder how much younger the brother is and who he is living with now.

JMHO

He used a ladder to climb the building.
However, don't know how he got down

I also thought the "47" may be referencing an AK-47, but according to this article, Crimo seems to have an overall obsession with the numbers 4 and 7. This article speculates that he may have chosen this date as it is 7/4.

I imagine if this was the murderer's thought process, he may have wanted to kill earlier on April 7th, but maybe decided July 4th would be "better" because there would be crowds.

Just more speculation on my part.

Also, from whatever info has been published as of now, IMO the father seems salt of the earth but the mother seems strange and nonchalant about her son.

Time will tell.

It is obvious that he was neglected, and his mental problems not treated, but even magnified by home environment.

Yes it is very sad. It just didn’t add up that neither parent would take an interest in his musical abilities . Even if rap isnt their preference an engaged parent would show some interest for support because it’s your child, no matter the age.

He obviously has been checked out and feeling disconnected for a long while.

Anything on how he obtained the funds to buy the guns?

@MarParNews

Remember this little boy found wandering alone after #HighlandPark parade? We’ve just found out why… both his parents were killed

@cbschicago

Lake County Coroner's office identifies 6 of the 7 people killed in Monday's mass shooting in Highland Park: Katherine Goldstein, 88 Irina McCarthy, 35 Kevin McCarthy, 37 Jacquelyn Sundheim, 63 Stephen Straus, 88 all of Highland Park, and Nicolas Toledo-Zaragoza, 78, of Mexico

@Tom_Winter

NEW: Police say that in 2019 they were called to the Highland Park shooter’s home where they removed daggers and a sword after receiving a call from a family member. But, they say, there was no probable cause to make an arrest at that time.

Bobby Crimo had purchased 5 firearms, at least two were rifles, "some pistols, and possibly a shotgun"

Attachments

• DFF4EF0E-08CC-490D-B69B-F5FB38DFD902.jpeg
    DFF4EF0E-08CC-490D-B69B-F5FB38DFD902.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 8BB4434D-9116-48A3-8644-6E2B377BBA87.png
    8BB4434D-9116-48A3-8644-6E2B377BBA87.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Yes it is very sad. It just didn’t add up that neither parent took an interest in his musical abilities . Even if rap isnt their preference an engaged parent would show some interest for support because it’s your child, no matter the age.

He obviously has been checked out and feeling disconnected for a long while. I just don’t understand how this could go unnoticed.

Anything on how he obtained the funds to buy the guns?

@MarParNews

Remember this little boy found wandering alone after #HighlandPark parade? We’ve just found out why… both his parents were killed

@Tom_Winter

NEW: Police say that in 2019 they were called to the Highland Park shooter’s home where they removed daggers and a sword after receiving a call from a family member. But, they say, there was no probable cause to make an arrest at that time.

That’s awful! Yesterday they said he was united with his family?? Maybe it was his grandparents??

Notes from presser:

LE gave 2 prior incidents from LE and the home

4/19 - (this was a week after the attempt) - Shooter had attempted suicide. LE said he was being hanled by mntal health professionals.

9/19 - Shooter had threatened to kill everyone. LE took 16 knives including a dagger and a sword. LE notified the state police. The threat was directed at family inside the home. There was no arrest because complainant didn't want to file one.

LE is looking for a female witness that could have possibly seen him drop something in a red blanker behind a Ross. LE later said it was a rifle in the blanket. Asking that this person come forward.

Victims - 45 victims were injured or killed so that makes 7 fatal and 38 injured

LE said they did not know about the social media and yes, absolutely should have been reported to them - they would have looked into it.

LE didn't know about the synagogue visit.

He bought the guns in 2020 and 2021.

No definitive motive at this time. Shooter is talking to LE

He bought 5 firearms - 2 rifles, pistols and a shotgun

He drove to a number of places after getting mom's car. He went to Wisconsin (Madison) and came back. LE does not want to comment on the why he went to Wisconsin (interesting)

The State Attorney will have a press conference at 5:30 to announce charges.

I wanna know where he ditched his wig and woman's clothes. Did his mother see him in the get-up? If so, Was that a normal occurrence for her to see him in the get-up? Or, are the clothes and wig stuffed in some trash receptacle prior to him running to her home to 'borrow' her car....which happened to have another firearm in it? Too many questions!!
I wonder if he was carrying a duffle bag of some sort.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back