IL - July 4 Parade, Highland Park, at least 6 fatally shot, 4 July 2022 *son charged, dad guilty*

Dillion said Crimo admitted that he took a position on the roof of a building overlooking the parade route and “looked down his sights and opened fire.” Crimo fired a 30-round magazine, then fired two more. Police found 83 shell casings on the roof, Dillion said.

On the day of the attack, Crimo dressed in women’s clothes and wore makeup to disguise himself and hide his tattoos because he feared he would be recognized. After firing off nearly all of the ammunition he had, Crimo climbed back down and ran away, but dropped the rifle, Dillon said.

The gun was traced to Crimo within an hour. It had been legally bought by Crimo in 2020 when he was 19. Authorities say his father had to sponsor him to get a Firearm Owners Identification card because the age limit is 21.

Despite his disguise, police officers who “were familiar” with Crimo were able to identify him in still images taken from surveillance cameras, Dillon said.

Police recovered five weapons in all from Crimo, including the rifle recovered at the scene and a second one found in his car at the time of his arrest. Several handguns were found in his home, all purchased legally from sellers in Illinois, police said.

8th victim dies.

Also his creepy mug shots are here.

And some news, I think was perhaps posted earlier??? That he planned a second shooting in Wisconsin, that's why he headed there but apparently "changed his mind."

Hoping for criminal charges against the father asap. He knew that his son had been assessed as dangerous- yet still facilitated fire arms purchases for him.
That’s why the uncle is out there saying there were no red flags, fearing liability for his brother.
Why Crimo wasn't 5150’d when it was warranted needs scrutiny.

MOO the family likely intervened, based on the information that they took him out of school when the school started talking to the parents about his mental health issues.

There is something substantial going on with the mother. Her UPS mailbox has caused the whole UPS store to be blocked off by police.

So he knew perfectly well that he would be caught, leaving the weapon on the scene.

Police traced his name through a serial number of a rifle within an hour.

His disguise seemed to be for him go to another parade to kill more people.

I'm surprised these weapons are so cheap.

The gun was traced to Crimo within an hour. It had been legally bought by Crimo in 2020 when he was 19. Authorities say his father had to sponsor him to get a Firearm Owners Identification card because the age limit is 21.

That right there. It was just September 2019 that he had threatened the family with the knives and they had been removed from the residence. And Dad sponsored this purchase. I believe that could be enough of a threshold to maybe, possibly charge dad - maybe. I only say this because of the Crumbley case - where they bought him the gun - which allowed authorities to charge them. That is still winding through the courts though as well.

I just don't understand parents today. You KNOW you have a troubled child (older teenager) and he has THREATENED you and the family - to the point LE became involved. What is it? Your pride? You don't want to admit that your child is messed up? That maybe YOU failed as a parent? IDK But I do believe it is a selfish act and now it has cost lives. It is a horrible thing to have to go through as a parent of a mass shooter - the shame, the blame, the notoriety, the guilt - but you HAVE TO KNOW that you possibly assisted by helping him get the gun?

What is this world coming to? The old "it takes a village to raise a child" is even more true today than ever before in history.

SMH

JMHO

Last edited:
Rabbi Yosef Schanowitz said he recognized Crimo from an encounter in April in which he asked him to leave the Synagogue, according to the Times of Israel.

"I approached him and sternly asked him to leave as I noticed he was not a member of our community,” Schanowitz said.

Martin Blumenthal, the volunteer security director at the synagogue, said in an interview with Forward that Crimo stood out and appeared to have malicious intent when he visited in April.

“He was definitely sizing up the synagogue,” Blumenthal said.

Rabbi is a wise man. He used his intuition and ability to read Robert's body language to make this decision that most likely saved lives. Notice he didn't pursue it because of pushback?

If this is the case, the father should absolutely be charged . Telling the cops that all the knives were his and then sponsoring his FOID is completely ignoring every red flag his son had shown and set the table for this to happen.

Maybe the father hoped he'd kill his mother not him or shoot up a parade. I know a dark thought but were they estranged? Perhaps fighting?

BBM

Has anyone seen any proof or verification of this? I'll admit I'm not up on all this social media stuff - being an influencer, vloger, rapper - whatever they call themselves. I know some of them have you tube channels and they get paid by advertisers who approach them because of the number of followers they have - the advertisers pay them to let them insert ads into their content. But I don't know how all of it works.

If he was being paid for this dark, twisted, nasty stuff he was posting - who was paying him? Maybe, somehow, these companies advertising can be pressured into NOT supporting this kind of stuff. IDK

I'd just like to know who was paying him and for what and how much.

JMHO

There's no way he was making lots of money from his music, just didn't have enough streams or subscribers, he was getting money from someone else.

BBM

Has anyone seen any proof or verification of this? I'll admit I'm not up on all this social media stuff - being an influencer, vloger, rapper - whatever they call themselves. I know some of them have you tube channels and they get paid by advertisers who approach them because of the number of followers they have - the advertisers pay them to let them insert ads into their content. But I don't know how all of it works.

If he was being paid for this dark, twisted, nasty stuff he was posting - who was paying him? Maybe, somehow, these companies advertising can be pressured into NOT supporting this kind of stuff. IDK

I'd just like to know who was paying him and for what and how much.

JMHO

There's no way he was making lots of money from his music, just didn't have enough streams or subscribers, he was getting money from someone else.

That right there. It was just September 2019 that he had threatened the family with the knives and they had been removed from the residence. And Dad sponsored this purchase. I believe that could be enough of a threshold to maybe, possibly charge dad - maybe. I only say this because of the Crumbley case - where they bought him the gun - which allowed authorities to charge them. That is still winding through the courts though as well.

I just don't understand parents today. You KNOW you have a troubled child (older teenager) and he has THREATENED you and the family - to the point LE became involved. What is it? Your pride? You don't want to admit that your child is messed up? That maybe YOU failed as a parent? IDK But I do believe it is a selfish act and now it has cost lives. It is a horrible thing to have to go through as a parent of a mass shooter - the shame, the blame, the notoriety, the guilt - but you HAVE TO KNOW that you possibly assisted by helping him get the gun?

What is this world coming to? The old "it takes a village to raise a child" is even more true today than ever before in history.

SMH

JMHO
The Firearm underage sponsoring form the father would have submitted.

Rabbi is a wise man. He used his intuition and ability to read Robert's body language to make this decision that most likely saved lives. Notice he didn't pursue it because of pushback?

Plus Crimo looks like a Dylan Roof.

MOO the family likely intervened, based on the information that they took him out of school when the school started talking to the parents about his mental health issues. Why Crimo wasn't 5150’d when it was warranted needs scrutiny.
I think your assessment is right.

The family is also wealthy enough to hire effective attorneys. I wonder if they hired legal guns to head off any formal finding of mental illness / placement on the "no buy" list?

Removing him from school stopped any scrutiny of mental health and / or willful behavior issues. With no new information coming in, it would be easier to challenge preliminary assessment as being based on an isolated incident, incident had been exaggerated etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back