IL - July 4 Parade, Highland Park, at least 6 fatally shot, 4 July 2022 *son charged, dad guilty*

HIGHLAND PARK, Ill. — The man accused of killing seven people at a Fourth of July parade confessed in detail to the shooting — and revealed that he had considered a second attack, authorities said Wednesday.

Robert “Bobby” E. Crimo III, 21, has been charged with seven counts of first-degree murder, and will likely face many more counts stemming from the dozens wounded and injured during Monday's carnage in this upscale Chicago suburb.

"He went into details about what he had done. He admitted to what he had done," Lake County State’s Attorney Eric Rinehart told reporters outside of the county courthouse. "We don't want to speculate on motives right now."...

I wonder if the firearms were delivered to him using his mother's UPS rented mailbox, or if he had rented his own UPS mailbox there so that the firearms could be delivered to him there.
Unless he had an FFl, he would not be able to receive the weapons at home ( a few exceptions may apply for very antique weapons / collectibles).

Rather, the transfer process would have apparently been:

- Crimo purchased at least one weapon from an out of state vendor.

- In purchasing the weapon, Crimo gives the vendor a local FLL holder's address (in this case, a local gun store- apparently a large one). The vendor then ships the weapon there.

- Crimo goes into pick it up and pays the FFL holder's transfer fee. This transfer fee covers the mandatory background check. The fee can range from pretty nominal to relatively high depending on the individual gun shop etc. Some seem to seek out large numbers of transfers. Others are the exact opposite and don't encourage it price wise.

The paperwork regarding the background check and weapon are then stored by the receiving FFL holder. Being responsible for the background check and associated paperwork might make the receiving FFL holder the technical seller, but he is really a broker.

- If the purchaser passes the background check, they can leave with the weapon. If they do not, they cannot take possession of the weapon. Instead, it is probably returned to the vendor who takes any return postage and re-stocking fees (probably hefty) out of the refund.

Last edited:
All I'm gonna say is big of a deal was not made about the Uvalde shooter purchasing firearms and he came from poverty. Crimo's individual parents are upper middle class.
MOO He wasn’t sponsored by his parents. They were trying to kick him out and get his adult life started. Moved in with Gma who asked him to take out the trash or something and he shot her in the face, then proceeded to go to school where she worked and kill children.
His creepy behavior, though there were red flags in his interaction with individuals on line, was less overt. MOO

MOO He wasn’t sponsored by his parents. They were trying to kick him out and get his adult life started. Moved in with Gma who asked him to take out the trash or something and he shot her in the face, then proceeded to go to school where she worked and kill children.
His creepy behavior, though there were red flags in his interaction with individuals on line, was less overt. MOO
Yes, apparently he shot her in the face after they argued over his phone bill. He had been waiting until his 18th birthday to purchase the weapons. Months before that he asked his sister to buy a gun for her and she refused.

In every mass shooting there always seem to be warning signs people missed, or they didn't do anything about it. The problem with getting mental health care for potentially dangerous people is that they don't want help. If they are evaluated all they have to say is they don't have thoughts about harming themselves or others.

The time to get them some help was when they were first starting to have problems in school.

I don't see how the parents could be charged with anything.
I don't see it either, unless they knew exactly what he intended to do when they helped him purchase the weapons. I doubt they could have guessed he was homicidal. The rap videos might be violent but all rappers seem obsessed with violence. I wonder if anyone in his family paid attention to his SM.

I don't see it either, unless they knew exactly what he intended to do when they helped him purchase the weapons. I doubt they could have guessed he was homicidal. The rap videos might be violent but all rappers seem obsessed with violence. I wonder if anyone in his family paid attention to his SM.
I've missed some stuff. Did the parents help him purchase these weapons?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back