IL - Justin Boulay, Andrea Will's Killer, Free And Moving To Hawaii

chicagofa13

Reaction score
I didn't see this posted when I searched, if it is, please merge. TY.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/15/justin-boulay-andrea-will_n_783683.html

Almost thirteen years ago, in December of 1997, Eastern Illinois University freshman Andrea Will broke up with her boyfriend, 20-year-old Justin Boulay.

Two months later, on February 2, 1998, Boulay confronted Will about her dating other men. He flew into a rage. "I lost it. ... I couldn't let go of her neck," he wrote in a note after strangling the young Will to death with a telephone cord.

Now, to the surprise and outrage of many connected to the victim, Boulay is set to walk free -- and move to Hawaii with his new wife.

...snip...

I get the being upset about being out with only half time served.
But I don't get the upset about going to Hawaii? Should he be forced to live where the crime occurred? Would the victim's family really want to run into him? Or see him with his new wife, and potentially with children someday?
Should he have to live somewhere bleak and gray?

The headline talked about Hawaii, I didn't add that.

Hawaii doesn't want him. Illinois doesn't want him. The state where his family lives probably doesn't want him. I think people see Hawaii as a reward, as well as being married (while in jail!) and able to move on as if nothing ever happened. Three years parole??? It is BIG news here in IL and people are really angry about this one.

someone married him?

yikes

The headline talked about Hawaii, I didn't add that.

Hawaii doesn't want him. Illinois doesn't want him. The state where his family lives probably doesn't want him. I think people see Hawaii as a reward, as well as being married (while in jail!) and able to move on as if nothing ever happened. Three years parole??? It is BIG news here in IL and people are really angry about this one.

I was just commenting on the article, not to you personally ;)

I don't know how it works in Il. In California, it seems like you are put on parole in the vicinity of crime, and once upon a time criminals had to get permission to move out of their release location...so I'm wondering who gave him permission if he's on parole?

To many people, the thought of Hawaii brings feelings of paradise, serenity, beauty, etc. If I was the victim's parent, I'd be pretty disgusted he is moving on so quickly to the next chapter in his life (after serving a paltry term of 12 years) in Hawaii of ALL places while my daughter is in a grave.

I am always astonished at how prisoners often lure seemingly intelligent women to be their partners when it is documented they are violent criminals. Good luck to the new wife in Hawaii. Hopefully she doesn't look at another man too long or receive any Facebook messages from old classmates that could make her new husband enraged.

The wife is someone from high school, so she knows all about him! Even worse I think, than the women who pen pal with men in prison and get married. Hawaii tried to block his arrival but it didn't work, and I'm not sure why. Normally (as was mentioned) people are on parole in their local area. Just a sad thing all around, he should have been given life for 1st degree murder. Another reason ILLINOIS SUCKS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back