IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Salem, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salem

Salem Former Member

Please continue here.

REMEMBER: The bother's blog and its contents are off limits. Do not name or sleuth people that have not been named in MSM or by LE.

Thanks,

Salem

ETA: If you need to refresh your memory about the rules, you can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:welcome: to all the newbies!

2. Loading...

3. scadder21

scadder21 New Member

No one has been named correct?

4. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

[​IMG]

Thread #1

5. Knox

ROSCOE — The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a 30-year-old woman missing since Monday night.

Katrina A. Smith of Machesney Park was last seen by her husband when she left their home to run an errand. The woman hasn’t been seen since.

The woman was reported missing by her husband Tuesday night at the Roscoe Police Department.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x255958491/Police-seek-help-in-finding-missing-Roscoe-woman

6. Knox

7. McDonough

McDonough New Member

:
    Technically, LE have not commented about any persons in his case, both cleared individuals and persons of interest. They have been quite silent in general with the exception of a few sentences here and there as an update.

8. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that ther

Yes, people have been named in the media such as her husband as well as he has made public statements.. This makes him an allowable discussion to some degree here due to his public statements and being named in MSM...

9. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that ther

10. mp6191

mp6191 New Member

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=363602

"It's just a testament to who Katrina was" says Chad Kaltved, Smith's brother. "The type of person she was a caring giving person and to see this community just goes to show you what type of community it is and it means a lot."

Hard to hear him use "was". He must have a feeling she is no longer with us.

11. Elainera

Elainera Active Member

Post by SmoothOperator in previous thread:

Did he maybe go to the Roscoe PD because he stopped by the condo to check if Katrina is home after he learned that she didn't show up for work?

12. LivingJuicy

LivingJuicy Justice for Jennifer

O/T - Smooth, thank you for making my day. It was right on time and appreciated.

Hopefully today is the day that Katrina is found!

off to sleuth a bit ..

I'm open to thinking outside of the box here. It's just hard because the "boyfriend" hasn't been named in MSM from what I know. Other than her brother Chad, no family is stepping forward. We can't sleuth her step daughters.

Hmm, something has to give!

13. LivingJuicy

LivingJuicy Justice for Jennifer

I wondered that too but if he had no involvment and they were on fine terms, which would be backed up by him not calling her (no need to call, everything is fine,) then how did he know to check on her?

I don't know how often they spoke. To me, if they were seperated, there would be no real reason to stay in constant communication. A day or so could go by and no one would feel the need to worry.

I can't imagine her job notifying him that she didn't go to work that day but maybe they did? I'll have to go back and re-read to confirm or deny that.

To me it just seemed that if even he did go there, it would be the start of an alibi.

jmo

14. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE New Member

Thank you Nellie for putting all that effort into reviewing the archives!

:gthanks:

15. Elainera

Elainera Active Member

Maybe Katrina's employer called her when she didn't show and getting no reply they called TS. When he also couldn't reach her by phone he went to the condo.

We don't know if this happened but it would make sense.

16. nervous_nellie

nervous_nellie Carpe Noctem

:coffeeup::tyou:

your welcome...i just wish i had the time to listen to the whole 24hrs...but im afraid it will put me to sleep like it did yesterday! ill check some before bedtime tonight....ill be downstairs for now.... Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

17. mp6191

mp6191 New Member

This bugs me the most, why go to the Roscoe PD? Did he call Machesney Park PD or the Winnebago County Sheriff's office and they told him to go to the Roscoe PD? How and when did he realize she was missing? If I had just an inkling my wife was missing I would go berserk. I would call the PD and anyone & everyone I know or knows her and I would be out looking asap. Sorry, I see a huge red flag here.

18. LMStyle

LMStyle New Member

Well the Machesney Park PD is just a Winnebago County Sheriff assigned to that village according to their website so most likely if he did call, they would ask him to come in to fill out the report, they wouldn't take it all over the phone and so using logic with distance as a factor, Roscoe PD would be the closest location for him to go to in person to file that report rather than drive all the way downtown Rockford.

It just makes sense to me that closest to home or where she was going to be shopping would be the place to go to file the report.

19. TexasCharm

TexasCharm New Member

I think this case is exactly as it appears to be. It wasn't a car-jacking .. It wasn't a robbery .. The dispersing of her things (including the car) screams "not just a robbery" .. it also screams "not a random murder" .. who takes the time to do all that?

Someone "disappeared" her. And took TIME to disperse her things, and hide her well.

Who had motive, opportunity, and saw her last? Who appears to be mis-leading LE by indicating all was fine in the relationship and not only did she still live there, but was expected home that evening? Who, when expecting her home that evening, didn't bother reporting her missing until the next evening? And why Roscoe, if she was living at the marital home?

Stinky stinky stinky.

IMO IMO IMO

20. nervous_nellie

it is also possible that he called and an officer came to the house to talk with ts and take the report...

21. nervous_nellie

I dont think Ireports are considered msm, any of us could sign up and write a report ... thanx for linking but really we cant discuss the info in the report...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.