Found Alive IL - KD, 13, & CD, 2 weeks, Madison County, 18 Sept 2016 *Arrest*

How much formula did she take? How long will one of those cans last?

Their pictures need to be plastered everywhere. News stations need to be on this story everywhere. I just don't think that enough is being done to get the word out and to get people looking. I'm a long way away from this (Canada) so obviously I'm not seeing an urgency here. Maybe I'm wrong? There just seemed to be so much more being done to find the little girl and her uncle than for KD and her baby. They really need to be found. Who knows what's going on in KD's head. No matter what, I would think that the running would start to wear on her and the baby and the stress will start to build.

All the stops have to be pulled out to find KD and her son.

They don't last long at all. One can lasts maybe a few days. She may have stocked up with health dept vouchers though. You get so many cans per month and can buy them all at one time.

Their pictures need to be plastered everywhere. News stations need to be on this story everywhere. I just don't think that enough is being done to get the word out and to get people looking. I'm a long way away from this (Canada) so obviously I'm not seeing an urgency here. Maybe I'm wrong? There just seemed to be so much more being done to find the little girl and her uncle than for KD and her baby. They really need to be found. Who knows what's going on in KD's head. No matter what, I would think that the running would start to wear on her and the baby and the stress will start to build.

All the stops have to be pulled out to find KD and her son.

I couldn't agree with you more. Why isn't this on the national news? I think it's a serious enough matter for that. If the emphasis is only in WV, and they are on the other side of the country, they will never be located.

I'm not sure if she needed any serious meds but you would need a few basics. Sometimes iron for mom, birth control for mom, vitamins, gas drops, Tylenol/Motrin for baby, thermometer, special water for powder formula (nursery water) if not nursing and a way to sanitize the bottles/nipples, she will also be in need of sanitary pads for the next few weeks, if she is nursing - nursing pads and lanolin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankfully, most of those things aren't actually necessities for most babies/mothers. I don't think most people start on birth control within weeks of giving birth but I could be wrong on that. Many don't need iron supplements. My baby didn't get any vitamins. Gas drops aren't a necessity and their effectiveness is debatable. I don't think tylenol is recommended for babies that young. Depending on how the tap water is....nursery water isn't always needed. These days, most doctors say you only need to sanitize bottles and nipples before first use. After that, they can just be washed with soap and water.

So I am thankful there aren't too many things she would really need at this point. Except formula (and access to water) if not breastfeeding, diapers, wipes, pads for herself. Fingers crossed that she has these things!

This case really has gotten to me.

I was thinking earlier on and then the thought slipped away and now it's back. I just don't believe that this is a "one off". I just don't think this is the first time. I wonder if LE are keeping quiet about any past issues with CD to protect KD's privacy. Eventually, it will all come out but I don't think this is the first time he's gone after a young girl. I'm pretty sure there's some history out there.

I'm glad that mom has come to the forefront. She really needed to do that. More people need to step up, CD's family - tell him to turn himself in; friends, extended family. The family has to put themselves out there as difficult as it may be - they need to get out front.

I have no idea what or how KD is thinking. But if she thinks about it, this baby is hers, really hers, if she realizes how she has been living is not the correct way of living or being raised, that baby is going to mean the world to her. Someone and something all her own, that she can treat better than she has been treated. I think DPS should make a appeal to her that they will try to keep her with her baby and help her all they can. To please come home, call someone, get help.
I know hormones can go crazy when you have a baby. Some suffer from PPD, who knows what is going on in her mind. Who knows what CD is telling her.

I know folks don't seem to think this is getting much national attention, which I agree with, but I still have a gut feeling this will be resolved by this weekend.

The only reason it has gone on this long is because C.D. has had a lot of lucky breaks. It sounds like he should have been in jail a long time ago, but the not-so-swift and corrupt IL system just let him slide on by.

The fact is, he's not intelligent enough to escape justice for long. I don't care how great his camping skills are, he will slip up--big time. He most likely will end up robbing somebody for money or supplies, try to use his own debit or credit card, or contact somebody he knows. It just will not last long.

I don't see this ending violently towards momma or baby. I do believe the baby is in danger in the sense that a newborn is fragile and they need to make sure he's gaining weight, but on the other hand I believe C.D., even with his shortcomings, will know enough about babies to assist K.D. to provide at least semi-adequate care.

I couldn't agree with you more. Why isn't this on the national news? I think it's a serious enough matter for that. If the emphasis is only in WV, and they are on the other side of the country, they will never be located.

CNN is covering it in their app and I believe Fox News is too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPS will not necessarily take her baby away from her. I know of a 14 yr old that was pregnant and homeless. Her parents were in jail. They did not take her baby. They placed her in foster care, WITH HER BABY, and she was allowed to care for her child, with the help of the foster family. At 18 she can leave with her 4 yr old.

K posted on her mom's fb acct. i don't have the link but am sure it has been posted since it was one that K posted pictures of her baby boy.

Anywho she mentions TN

Sent from my SCH-I545

I've been in touch with my social worker and CPS friends and the answer to "Would she and her baby stay together?" is "It depends." It's good to know the possibility is there.

Assuming it's powdered formula, a can should last about 4-5 days for a newborn. He'll be drinking more than that soon, however.

Wow, it states "their" father and states that paternity is pending. Also refers to baby as A Jr. 😢

I feel so sad for KD and baby. I have a feeling she doesn't see this as bad as a situation as it is. I have a feeling she may have left willingly and thinks that she loves CD and they will be a little family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back