IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 8, 2018.

1. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

2. Dénouement

Dénouement Well-Known Member

Where are you Kierra?

3. Mandrew

Mandrew Active Member

The police in Chicago have a bad history with witnesses and victims. They are trying to correct this, but one of the reasons the Illinois governor commuted all the sentences of "death" to "life imprisonment," were there were so many prisoners found to be not guilty waiting on death row.

IL now has no death penalty. That said, I can see why the Chicago Police go slow on cases like this. If Kierra is dead and a white person did it, you can bet it would be plastered all over the papers how the Chicago police harassed the boyfriend and are unfair to minorities.

To be fair, in the past that reputation has been earned, and to be fair again, it is getting better.

But I just wanted to explain to non-Chicago area residents why the police are probably not as aggressive as you would think they'd be.

girlhasnoname, rosie_lee, Dre and 2 others like this.
  4. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

I live in Chicago and I don't think the murders aren't solved because police are not aggressive but that there are simply SO many violent crimes here and the current mayor has cut police hiring. In 2016 there were over 750 murders. I don't think Kierra has been overlooked, I think they are just overwhelmed.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  5. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

I’m just going to give this thread a bump and say I started reading about this case last night and hope to finish the thread this evening. I can see from FB that her family has not given up on finding her.

6. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Still hoping you find your way home Kierra, you have not been forgotten.

7. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

I've been away from WS for a short while but came back to bump a few threads in particular. Kierra continues to be on my mind. I think there is foul play here - something I often hesitate to conclude without hard evidence - and it is just a matter of time. Let's hope for sooner rather than later.

bluenoser, Alcina, Stunned and 17 others like this.
  8. girlhasnoname

I agree AzPistonsGirl, I am usually the diehard hold out, but I agree here. KC was pregnant, had a good job, she had her act together. It's been too long for nobody to have heard from her. I hope they're really investigating the baby daddy. IIRC he was in another relationship or married? That never ends well.

9. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

I can't say with any MSM verification as to the other woman but that information is on FB in multiple locations. But it is only rumor so I can't link it as he is not a POI at this time.

10. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion #NeverGivingUp

Thinking of Kierra and Baby Coles this morning.

11. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

I cant believe the silence on this case.....I too, hope LE is talking to this baby daddy.

DianeElaine, Barlow, Dre and 6 others like this.
  12. girlhasnoname

KC you should be preparing for having a sweet baby Coles. Where are you? :(

I wonder if LE got any new tips from the last PC?

13. missingno

missingno Active Member

Thinking of you, Kierra and baby. I can only hope you are both safe somewhere.

14. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Authorities – who Kierra’s father is confident will get answers in his daughter’s case – told Dateline they, too, suspect foul play in the young woman’s disappearance.

“We have a pretty good idea of what transpired. Now it’s a matter of finding evidence,” Chief Guglielmi told Dateline. “We are out of the opinion business. We base everything we do on fact and evidence. A detective’s personal opinion, quite frankly, doesn’t matter.”

Chief Guglielmi said police know there is “a minimum of two or three people of interest” who were the last to see Kierra before she disappeared.

“We’ve narrowed down our group here to a personal associate of hers -- a friend -- who was one of the last people to see her,” he told Dateline. Chief Guglielmi declined to comment on that person’s name, how Kierra knows them, or the other associated people of interest. “We haven’t found her yet, and that puts us in a difficult position.”

Chicago police narrow down persons of interest in disappearance of expectant mother Kierra Coles

15. AmandaReckonwith

AmandaReckonwith Defective Detective

Glad to know they have that "someone" in mind. Now that it is warming up and ice will be melting ... well, let's just hope they find her body.

I will add this to the Case Archive within the hour.
    Kierra Coles -IL- by amanda reckonwith

16. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

17. interestedincases

interestedincases I would rather be fishing...

I'm so glad something is moving on this case! And her sweet father, he is doing all he can to find his baby girl and grandbaby.

Saying she called in sick, but was yet seen leaving in her uniform. It really makes me wonder if it was HER who left that day, or if someone dressed as her knowing they would be seen so they would throw the cops off......

18. AzPistonsGirl

never doubted they were working Kierra's case. Just have to be patient.

19. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I owe the Chicago police department an apology.

20. AzPistonsGirl

seems all depts are busy these days - more beat cops, fewer investigators IMO. But they can't just put Kierra's case file away and forget about it. It gets discouraging having to wait and assuming cases are being worked but time and time again we see movement on much older cases here. Until she is found, we have to have hope.