IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 8, 2018.

1. AmandaReckonwith

AmandaReckonwith Defective Detective

People on one of her fb groups kept emailing Dateline. For this case, yay, it worked!

2. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

I have been thinking about Kierra often lately, just haven't made it here to her thread.

I am so glad for the media attention on Dateline. It's also good to hear LE has '2-3' persons of interest.

Many of you guys know I'm obsessed with No Body Murder trials, convictions.... it's good to see Tad Dibiase has updated his site to mention he has consulted with law enforcement for free.
    Between Chicago PD and the Postal Inspection Service, hopefully one, if not both, will seek out Mr. DiBiase's expertise on prosecuting no body cases.

With that 25,000 dollar reward, anyone who might be concerned with being charged as an accessory might want to consult an attorney and come forward. Especially now that LE has confirmed 2 0r 3 POI's.

No Body Cases

3. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

So sad that so much time was wasted in the beginning.

4. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

I live in Chicago - 542 murders as of Christmas last year. I hope they have closure for Kierra soon.

5. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

WOW!
    I'm so glad I checked on Kierra's thread this morning. Great news for her and her family. It's been pure hell on earth for them during this time I'm sure.

Hoping for swift justice and resolution to this case. Peace to KC and baby Cole and all her family/loved ones!

6. AmandaReckonwith

7. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

8. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

$30’000 might make someone tell all.

9. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

10. AmandaReckonwith

11. Savemecastiel

Savemecastiel Well-Known Member

12. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

13. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion #NeverGivingUp

Kiera is in NamUs
    (“NamUs Case Created: March 18, 2019”)!
    The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I don’t see any new information, but under “Circumstances of Disappearance,” it does say, “She was last seen on surveillance video leaving her apartment at 81st Street and Vernon Avenue on Chicago's South Side.”

So despite what the public information representative at the United States Postal Inspection Service told Oxygen.com (“However, Julie Kenney, a public information representative at the United States Postal Inspection Service, which is investigating the case alongside the Chicago Police Department, told Oxygen.com the postal service doesn't believe the woman was Coles. ‘There's other postal employees that live on that block, so the postal inspection service does not believe that is Kierra Coles on that video,’ she said.”), maybe the Chicago Police Department - Area South, the NamUs “Case Owner,” believes that really was Kierra. I’m really not sure.
    Mysterious Disappearance Of Pregnant Postal Worker Lingers, With Few Clues For Family And Investigators

US Postal Inspection Service is listed under “
    Investigating Agencies” as well, but not as the “Case Owner.”
    The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

14. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I'm being excessively picky here, but it doesn't actually say that was the video she was seen on. Entirely possible that's not her in the video that we know about, but they found other video that they've kept private.

Whatever it is, I hope they can find her soon. Maybe when she has the baby, somebody will notice and put her in touch with her family...