Found Deceased IL - Kimberly Koerner, 52, Algonquin, 4 Dec 2022 *last seen walking away from a grocery store*

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
www.lakemchenryscanner.com

Police searching for 52-year-old woman who went missing in Algonquin

[...]

Algonquin Police Department Detective Sergeant Robert Salazar said Koerner was last seen around 9 a.m. Sunday.

The woman was walking away from the Jewel-Osco, located at 1501 East Algonquin Road in Algonquin, Salazar said.

Koerner was wearing a white winter jacket with fur and unknown color pajama bottom pants.

She is described as being approximately 5-foot-6, 130 pounds with straight black shoulder-length hair.

[...]

I found it odd she was reported missing the same day she was last seen. It's chilly in Illinois today but no storms or anything that would make traveling treacherous. Did she tell a family member or loved one she'd "be right back"? Medical issues? History of going missing?

Many of the Chicago suburbs are not pedestrian-friendly, with busy streets and few sidewalks. This area of Algonquin doesn't appear to be very walkable. I wonder if Kimberly was in the habit of walking to Jewel.

Many of the Chicago suburbs are not pedestrian-friendly, with busy streets and few sidewalks. This area of Algonquin doesn't appear to be very walkable. I wonder if Kimberly was in the habit of walking to Jewel.
I am a few miles away. It is walkable and for the most part safe. Cameras caught her going west on foot. It is not clear if she had been in the grocery store or not. Not confirmed but stated she was in flip-flops. It is cold here. She would have been heading towards the Fox River but could have turned anywhere.
I found it odd she was reported missing the same day she was last seen. It's chilly in Illinois today but no storms or anything that would make traveling treacherous. Did she tell a family member or loved one she'd "be right back"? Medical issues? History of going missing?
I assume she told someone she was going to Jewel a local grocery store and did not return. I am under the assumption that someone went there when she had not returned and saw her car and purse inside that is why an alert sent within 24 hours.

Here’s another case close to me. I haven’t heard a thing.
For the poster who asked about walkablity, Algonquin can be walkable in some areas

I assume she told someone she was going to Jewel a local grocery store and did not return. I am under the assumption that someone went there when she had not returned and saw her car and purse inside that is why an alert sent within 24 hours.
Can you link to the article about the car/purse being found?

Thank you for the link, DearPrudence. :)

The article was updated: Dec 4, 2022 / 10:19 PM CST

Noting:

According to family, Koerner was never seen entering the Jewel and her purse, cell phone and car keys were found outside.

... Police said she was wearing a white winter jacket with a fur hood, black sweatpants and flip-flops when she left to go to the store.

Family says Illinois search and rescue units have been dispatched to the area with search dogs to look for Koerner Sunday evening.

Thank you for the link, DearPrudence. :)

The article was updated: Dec 4, 2022 / 10:19 PM CST

Noting:

According to family, Koerner was never seen entering the Jewel and her purse, cell phone and car keys were found outside.

... Police said she was wearing a white winter jacket with a fur hood, black sweatpants and flip-flops when she left to go to the store.

Family says Illinois search and rescue units have been dispatched to the area with search dogs to look for Koerner Sunday evening.

Video that was with this article, talking to her husband and daughter, shows the image of Kimberly caught on ring-video on Greenridge Ave sometime in the afternoon.

Thank you! This changes everything, and makes Kimberly's disappearance much more concerning. It seems plausible that she was headed for the river. Do we know if the Fox river has been searched?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back