GUILTY IL - Kristine Gilford, 35, pregnant, murdered, Villa Park, 26 May 2010

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Cubby, May 27, 2010.

1. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Manhunt On After Pregnant Woman Slain In Villa Pk.

Police Seek To Question Eric Gilford, Who Might Be Related To Victim

Police are searching for Eric Gilford, 31, after a pregnant woman was stabbed to death in Villa Park. Authorities said Gilford might be related to the victim.

She was five months pregnant when she was stabbed to death at a friend's apartment in Villa Park and her toddler might have witnessed the whole thing.

<snip>

Witness Lisa Wood said, "A little girl came running outside talking about her daddy stabbed 'em, her daddy stabbed 'em. I said, 'Are you okay?' The little girl was full of blood."

Full article at link:

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/villa.park.stabbing.2.1717693.html

2. Loading...

3. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Police are looking to question Eric A. Gilford, 31, of Downers Grove. Police said he might be related to the victim. He is described as a 6-foot-4, 210-pound white man with brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen driving a black 2008 Dodge Charger with military license plates of 41279US.

Anyone with information about the incident or Gilford's whereabouts is asked to call Villa Park police at (630) 834-7447.

Picture of man wanted for questioning.

[​IMG]

both from above CBS2 link

4. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

5. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

6. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

He's got a military license plate? It must be a government car. I wonder what's up with that.

7. Kitty Kat

Kitty Kat Member

8. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

Awww . . . his fb page shows him with a beautiful pregnant woman and a little girl. Looks like he's a Petty Officer 1st Class in the Navy. I still don't understand why he has military plates on his car.

According to this article:

9. Kitty Kat

Kitty Kat Member

"U.S. Navy Veteran License Plates may be issued to any Illinois resident who participated in the U.S. Navy."
    http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/d..._guide/specialty_plates/military/navyvet.html

10. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Interesting comment on his fb page. The news is reporting the victim as his ex wife, and he is still refering to her has his wife. Hmmmm. I wonder if the media had that mistaken or not.

11. Kitty Kat

Kitty Kat Member

My guess is they are still married. Just a guess though based on the fact his FB status went from 'in a relationship' to 'married' back in March. That would be a very short marriage if they are already divorced. Then again it appears they only started dating (according to fb) in January so I guess if the marriage happened that fast it's possible the divorce could have as well.

12. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

I believe that badge he's wearing in his fb pic is a Navy Recruiting Command badge. Being a recruiter would explain his government plates.

Or it could be a Recruit Division Command Gold Wreath Award. He could be an instructor at the training base at Great Lakes, IL.

[​IMG]

13. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

I did some digging and found some wedding photo's dated 02/26/10. I don't want to add a link because there are photo's of minor children in the pics.

His wife is no longer listed in his FB friends...... I wonder if the ex is her daughters father?

They sure did not know each other long before marrying. :(

I hate to say this, but I wonder if he will be found deceased. I just have that gut feeling.

What a sad situation.

14. Woe.be.gone

Woe.be.gone Well-Known Member

Just showed his picture to my husband on his way out the door. He couldn't comprehend why a Dodge Charger would have Military plates
    'unless he just picked up his car that was shipped from Germany'.

Anyway, he'll keep an eye out on the road as we're in Illinois.

15. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

i dont think the little girl is lying, so i dont really believe in innocent till proven guilty in cases like this.

16. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

i think this is part of the motive. he still saw her as his wife in his twisted reality. maybe when he finally realized he had no chance with her, he decided no one could have her.

17. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

The articles are so confusing (or maybe the situation is.) Are the abusive ex-husband and Gilford the same person? Was Gilford saving her from an abusive ex-husband. What "friend" was she visiting in Villa Park? At least one article says Gilford is not a suspect but might have some knowledge (not that they don't always say that.)

If Gilford didn't show up at his military assignment (assuming he's not on leave), the military is going to be looking for him, too. I believe he's a Recruit Division Commander (like a drill sergeant) at Great Lakes Navy Base.

18. Woe.be.gone

Strange, husband also said, "He looks familiar, is his name F----r?".

(a long shot but just putting what he said out here.)

19. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

I'm so confused!
    LE says they're going to issue a statement later today.

20. Woe.be.gone

21. Kitty Kat

Kitty Kat Member

Good, because I'm just as confused as you.