GUILTY IL - Kristine Gilford, 35, pregnant, murdered, Villa Park, 26 May 2010

Here's a little more info.
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=383702

Says Gilford is thought to be in Wisconsin per cell phone pings. He is not a suspect.

If Gilford is not a suspect, why aren't they looking for whatever suspect they think was involved in what they are calling a domestic incident?

My guess is that if Gilford did it, then he has probably committed suicide up in the woods in Wisconsin.

If he didn't do it, I've got to wonder why he would be up in Wisconsin and did not come home last night and why he wouldn't be at work.

I think that is the standard message they put out until they have the suspect in custody. I think it is supposed to fake them out and make them think they are in the clear.

Here's a scenario. Gilford returns from overseas and finds his wife at her boyfriend's apartment. To make matters worse, he didn't know she was pregnant and figures out quickly that it's not his child. Or, if he knows that it is his child, he flips out when he finds her with the other man.

i think this is part of the motive. he still saw her as his wife in his twisted reality. maybe when he finally realized he had no chance with her, he decided no one could have her.

If they have only been married a few months, I think he is more the type that has the image of what life should be in his mind..... and will go to all attempts to stop anyone or anything interfering with that 'image'. At least that is my initial impression in this case.

JMO

If the victim, whose name has not been released, is the wife mentioned on EG's FB, they only recently started dating in Dec 09 or Jan of 10. His status went from single to in a relationship to single and then to married in a very short time. :waitasec:

I do not think the 3 yr old was his child if he only met the victim recently. What is :waitasec: is the 3 yr old calling him daddy so quickly.... but some kids might ask to do that if she doesn't know her bio father. Or, the ex bf whom she was living with in VP is her daughters bio daddy and she went back to him or fled to his home after DV issues in her recent marriage to EG. Though, if the boyfriend is her bio father I don't think she would be calling EG daddy.

The above is how I am interpreting the situation, which is of course speculation and JMO.

I'm just horrified this precious child had to see her mother murdered. (and I am presuming the ex bf was not at home during the attack)

JMO

If the victim, whose name has not been released, is the wife mentioned on EG's FB, they only recently started dating in Dec 09 or Jan of 10. His status went from single to in a relationship to single and then to married in a very short time. :waitasec:

I do not think the 3 yr old was his child if he only met the victim recently. What is :waitasec: is the 3 yr old calling him daddy so quickly.... but some kids might ask to do that if she doesn't know her bio father. Or, the ex bf whom she was living with in VP is her daughters bio daddy and she went back to him or fled to his home after DV issues in her recent marriage to EG. Though, if the boyfriend is her bio father I don't think she would be calling EG daddy.

The above is how I am interpreting the situation, which is of course speculation and JMO.

I'm just horrified this precious child had to see her mother murdered. (and I am presuming the ex bf was not at home during the attack)

JMO

Kristine Gilford,35, is the name of the victim, it was in the link about the car found in ND, iirc

here it is, posted by Woe.be.gone

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=383986&src=2

Her name is spelled with a K on EG's FB page.

I hope he is still alive so he can face justice.

Here's a scenario. Gilford returns from overseas and finds his wife at her boyfriend's apartment. To make matters worse, he didn't know she was pregnant and figures out quickly that it's not his child. Or, if he knows that it is his child, he flips out when he finds her with the other man.

His fb page shows him in a recent picture with Recruit Training Command insignia that he could only have gotten if he'd been at that assignment long enough to get the badge. That means he's doing shore duty and is not assigned to a ship at this time. He's stationed either at Great Lakes RTC or at a recruiting station in the Chicago area.

"U.S. Navy Veteran License Plates may be issued to any Illinois resident who participated in the U.S. Navy."
http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/d..._guide/specialty_plates/military/navyvet.html

Kitty Kat, you're right. The license on his car is an Illinois Universal Veterans tag. It's not a military tag as has been reported; it's a state specialty tag. I wonder if the occasion for his picture with the woman I'm assuming is the victim was his retirement. Or maybe, since he lives with his mother, that may be her car and his dad or mom is a veteran. Anyway, it's not a federal government or military official car. I'll post comparison pics in a sec.

According to the request form for the license, the applicant must provide proof of discharge from the service. http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/vsd766.pdfa
Picture of Gilford's license on the left Picture of Illinois Universal Veterans tag on the right.
gilfordcar.jpg

(The tag on an official Navy vehicle would be plain white with blue writing, "U.S Navy," then under that a number, and then under that "For Official Use Only.")

Kitty Kat, you're right. The license on his car is an Illinois Universal Veterans tag. It's not a military tag as has been reported; it's a state specialty tag. I wonder if the occasion for his picture with the woman I'm assuming is the victim was his retirement. Or maybe, since he lives with his mother, that may be her car and his dad or mom is a veteran. Anyway, it's not a federal government or military official car. I'll post comparison pics in a sec.

That is the victims and the primary suspects wedding picture. A google search of her name, (I won't link it due to pictures of minors) will lead you to their wedding pictures this past February.

I wonder why LE or the detectives would have told him Saturday she was at her 'abusive' ex bf's. Did she walk out on him and he was pissed so he reported her missing? Also, there is no evidence the ex bf was abusive outside of what was said by Eric..... and if he was a jealous DH, there is no reason to believe any accusations he made about Kristine's friends or former boyfriends were accurate.

JMO

Not sure if this article has been posted.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7465249

from the above link:

Eric Gilford, 31, is wanted in connection with the stabbing death of his estranged wife, who was five months pregnant.

<snip>

The victim's 4-year-old daughter was not hurt. The 4-year-old's father is asking for help in finding the suspect.

"I'm in a lot of shock still. I know her family is in a lot of shock. And they're in a lot of pain. That little girl is in a lot of pain and I can see it. Asking for the public to help this little girl," said the girl's father, who did not want to be identified.

I don't blame him for not wanting to be identified. It also help protects his daughters identity.

I'm assuming the little girls father is not the same person as the ex bf Kristine was visiting in Villa Park Wednesday afternoon.

I can only hope this EG is found quickly! and hasn't already taken his life.

My heart is breaking for this little girl. I hope her daddy is giving her lots and lots of love right now. It is going to take SO much for her to move on past seeing her mother murdered...... I am keeping her in my prayers.

I am confused...are there two ex-husbands and an ex-boyfriend? Or an ex-husband, an ex-boyfriend and a newly estranged husband? In any case, three men in this little 3-yr old's life within such a short time? How confusing for her...I am sad that her mom ended up dead...it is a sad story but not one that shocks me, somehow...

Now just wondering and waiting to see if the suspect will be caught alive...or if he has or will take the cowardly way out...

I am confused...are there two ex-husbands and an ex-boyfriend? Or an ex-husband, an ex-boyfriend and a newly estranged husband? In any case, three men in this little 3-yr old's life within such a short time? How confusing for her...I am sad that her mom ended up dead...it is a sad story but not one that shocks me, somehow...

Now just wondering and waiting to see if the suspect will be caught alive...or if he has or will take the cowardly way out...

It's possible that there's one ex-boyfriend (the father of the 3 yo) and a newly-estranged husband. I think it's very possible that the friend she was visiting was the father of the little girl.

On the other hand, there could be as many as two ex-boyfriends (or one ex boyfriend and a current boyfriend), an ex-husband, and a newly-estranged husband. The stories are so confusing!

I read he was a recruiter at a Navy recruiting office in Downers Grove, IL, where they lived.

I wonder when they became "estranged". A comment on his FB from him said on May 23rd that "school starts tomorrow". Was he going to take classes? There's a two year college very near DG that would be a possibility of where he might take classes. Just a guess....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back