GUILTY IL - Kristine Gilford, 35, pregnant, murdered, Villa Park, 26 May 2010

A friends FB talks about how he hopes Gilford is innocent and then a reply comment said that they were at a party with Gilford once and Gilford was choking his GF and some guy had to pull Gilford off her. I would link the FB but I'm not sure if that's allowed.

thanks but we probably should refrain from linking any FB's now since those persons aren't directly involved in the case. If he has a history of DV it will eventually come out.

Nothing new this morning. I did look at a map and it is only 150-160 miles from Fargo to the Canadian border. If this guy hasn't taken himself out, he's likely north of the 49th.

JMO

Can't imagine what he thinks he's going to do now, whether in Canada or the U.S. He's destroyed his own and everyone's life around him. There is nothing for him out there, and he'll always be a fugitive hunted by civilian LE and the military. Don't think he'll be getting a steelworker's union card and won't be able to show any work experience since 1997. He can't live off the land like a hermit in those frozen northern plains. (I mean, did you see the scenery in the movie "Fargo"?) If he's alive, he really has no option but to turn himself in.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=384257&src=1

This is too sad.

Boy it's hitting 'close to home'. I grew up in a neighboring town to Kristine as I see she grew up in Arlington Hts. I lived in AH for several years in my early twenties.
The article says that Kristine went to high school in Naperville where my bf lives now.

No matter what Kristine decided to do or why she did, there is no excuse for what has happened. I don't want to give the impression by what I posted earlier that there
would be. But they always search for a motive when trying to examine a crime.

Oh and I have a bil in Fargo!

This case is bringing back memories of the 4 months (Dec 07 to April 08) that Cpl Cesar Laurean was on the lam for the murder of pregnant Marine Maria Lauterbach. It seemed like forever before his capture, but in reality 4 months is not a long time.

Laurean had ties to Mexico and family there who may have assisted him. From what we know Gilford has no ties to Fargo, no ties to Canada - so no opportunity for help for him there. No doubt the Canadian authorities are on high alert looking for him. What is he going to do? Hide in the bush hours and hours north of the 49th? Not likely in the winter.... and not likely for long.

You're right STEADFAST. He's destroyed his life and the lives of those around him. The best he can do is surrender before causing further destruction. If not, I am praying it doesn't take as long to capture this Gilford that it did to catch the Laurean.

and he is not likely to blend into a crowd at 6'4

Woe.be.gone

That link is heartbreaking.

from the link: ( get the tissue )
a little girl who watched her mother die on the child's 4th birthday.

This murdered his pregnant wife in front of his step daughter on her 4th birthday? this ranks right up there with Nathan and Stephanie Sloop in my eyes. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Talking about close to home. This is very local for me. So local that while I don't know anyone who ever lived in the complex she was murdered I know people who lived as close as a half block away. I didn't grow up in Villa Park but still have friends who live there.

I'm stunned. Why aren't we hearing she had taken an order of protection against him? Clearly this guy has some history of violence. People don't just up and snap one day.

I hope to hades LE finds him and quick before he off's himself or decides to take his life via suicide by cop. This guy is one sick piece of work who needs to be found yesterday!

Prayers for Kristines daughter and those left behind to attempt to put back the pieces of their lives this Gilford shattered.

Initially it appears that way, and I know you are a fellow Illinoisan. If you are familiar with DuPage Cty, I can see this type of scenario. She told him she was leaving. He was having none of it and reported her missing. DGPD finds out where she is and instead of just doing a standard well being check advising him she is OK but does not wish for her whereabouts to be known, they tell him she is at so and so's......

Clearly he must be the stalker type. How else would he know where her ex boyfriend lives? It would be normal for someone to know their spouses or SO's ex's names, but how many know where those ex's live?

hope that makes sense & JMO

Not too familiar with DuPage - more familiar with Cook, Lake and McHenry counties. Do you mean like Andyish (of Mayberry)? IMO that would be very irresponsible of LE the way this played out. I thought I read EG hired "an investigator", as in he hired someone to find her.??? Do you think it was a Law Officer who gave him Kristine's whereabouts?

Kristine's father says that they never detected violence but, based on a friend of EB's comments, he almost choked a gf once. Obviously, KG left for a reason. Sometimes the quiet types are the ones who go nuts when their fuse blows or, especially when they loose control of the situation.

Not too familiar with DuPage - more familiar with Cook, Lake and McHenry counties. Do you mean like Andyish (of Mayberry)? IMO that would be very irresponsible of LE the way this played out. I thought I read EG hired "an investigator", as in he hired someone to find her.??? Do you think it was a Law Officer who gave him Kristine's whereabouts?

Kristine's father says that they never detected violence but, based on a friend of EB's comments, he almost choked a gf once. Obviously, KG left for a reason. Sometimes the quiet types are the ones who go nuts when their fuse blows or, especially when they loose control of the situation.

Not an Andyish type, but more of a he's in the service respectable guy kind of thing. Perhaps being a tad bit more lax in communicating with him than they would a non military civilian. Downers Grove is considered a pretty nice area. Great schools, great place to live. One of the area's with highly preferred school districts and the school district is more prestigious than the zip code type mentality.....

I still find it hard to believe this guy- ready to explode like dynamite- didn't keep that side of himself well hidden from everyone. he set off warnings somewhere.....

Woe.be.gone

That link is heartbreaking.

from the link: ( get the tissue )
a little girl who watched her mother die on the child's 4th birthday.

This murdered his pregnant wife in front of his step daughter on her 4th birthday? this ranks right up there with Nathan and Stephanie Sloop in my eyes. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Talking about close to home. This is very local for me. So local that while I don't know anyone who ever lived in the complex she was murdered I know people who lived as close as a half block away. I didn't grow up in Villa Park but still have friends who live there.

I'm stunned. Why aren't we hearing she had taken an order of protection against him? Clearly this guy has some history of violence. People don't just up and snap one day.

I hope to hades LE finds him and quick before he off's himself or decides to take his life via suicide by cop. This guy is one sick piece of work who needs to be found yesterday!

Prayers for Kristines daughter and those left behind to attempt to put back the pieces of their lives this Gilford shattered.

I know, when I read that it was the little girl's 4th birthday, my stomach dropped and I thought 'lowest of low'. Very difficult to fathom.

Do you recall when Cindy Bischof was gunned down in a parking lot about two years ago? Her brother has worked very hard to get the law in her name passed regarding
GPS monitors for stalkers in Illinois.

Not an Andyish type, but more of a he's in the service respectable guy kind of thing. Perhaps being a tad bit more lax in communicating with him than they would a non military civilian. Downers Grove is considered a pretty nice area. Great schools, great place to live. One of the area's with highly preferred school districts and the school district is more prestigious than the zip code type mentality.....

I still find it hard to believe this guy- ready to explode like dynamite- didn't keep that side of himself well hidden from everyone. he set off warnings somewhere.....

Yes it is. Naperville too. Is Oak Brook Dupage? Very nice. I didn't think Andyish fit. I hear what you mean and, for a fact, I know that to be true - not only of Dupage but many areas. Sometimes that can be a nice gesture to those who have served (for minor stuff) but when it comes to domestic violence and stuff like that, forget about it - the military has it's share for sure.

I know, when I read that it was the little girl's 4th birthday, my stomach dropped and I thought 'lowest of low'. Very difficult to fathom.

Do you recall when Cindy Bischof was gunned down in a parking lot about two years ago? Her brother has worked very hard to get the law in her name passed regarding
GPS monitors for stalkers in Illinois.

If Gilford was telling the truth about the police telling him where Kristine was, they were hardly looking at him as a stalker. I wish it had occurred to them that she might not be telling her husband where she was because she was afraid of what he might do.

I'm still confused about the reports of Kristine being in Villa Park for three weeks. That neighbor in Downer's Grove said she'd seen Kristine last week and also that she witnessed that they had the child's birthday party there.
I'd like to know how long Kristine had been gone before Gilford reported her missing (if he did.) I'm wondering if he had time to think about it and plan to frame the boyfriend for murder, not expecting her to live long enough to tell LE who killed her. I'm thinking he might have planted that reference to the "ex-boyfriend" being abusive as part of that plan.

Thinking this may be a crime of calculated revenge than a crime committed in anger.

If Gilford was telling the truth about the police telling him where Kristine was, they were hardly looking at him as a stalker. I wish it had occurred to them that she might not be telling her husband where she was because she was afraid of what he might do.

I'm still confused about the reports of Kristine being in Villa Park for three weeks. That neighbor in Downer's Grove said she'd seen Kristine last week and also that she witnessed that they had the child's birthday party there.
I'd like to know how long Kristine had been gone before Gilford reported her missing (if he did.) I'm wondering if he had time to think about it and plan to frame the boyfriend for murder, not expecting her to live long enough to tell LE who killed her. I'm thinking he might have planted that reference to the "ex-boyfriend" being abusive as part of that plan.

That's why we need to know what led to this because, let's say for instance, she said 'the baby is not yours' or something like that and then she left and went to the ex's. All of a sudden, EG's world fell apart. Believe me, I'm not saying that to excuse him but to try to figure out why he may have snapped.

How long did they know each other prior to February? She may have told him that her ex was/is abusive and then she turned right around and found a new abusive boyfriend/husband, only worse, who is EG.

Yes it is. Naperville too. Is Oak Brook Dupage? Very nice. I didn't think Andyish fit. I hear what you mean and, for a fact, I know that to be true - not only of Dupage but many areas. Sometimes that can be a nice gesture to those who have served (for minor stuff) but when it comes to domestic violence and stuff like that, forget about it - the military has it's share for sure.

Yes, Oak Brook is DuPage too.

I do remember when Cindy Bischof was murdered. I also had an acquaintance who was murdered as a result of DV. Similiar situation...

I hope this was not the case with Kristine. My fears are, and I mean no disrespect to Kristine, that they had a whirlwind romance and she got pregnant very soon after meeting him. Hence he was going to do the right thing, marry her.... and she didn't have enough time to get to know him before this side of him showed.

The hardest thing for me about all this is EG's ability to do this in front of the child on her birthday. What kind of person has that much rage, that much loss of control to cross that line in front of a young child on her birthday?

Thinking this may be a crime of calculated revenge than a crime committed in anger.

Good points! Very possible. however why in front of the child? Why on the childs birthday? At the very least if this was calculated is he that heartless and so inhumane part of the calculation involved this child? It makes my want to throw up to think about. If so, he is more of a monster than we know and would not think twice to harm anyone in his way.

JMO

We know he had time to think about it because he indicated he knew her whereabouts on May 22 and took her and the baby off the face of the earth on May 25.

Could he possibly of thought the little girl would be in preschool at the time?
Or, I hate saying this, was he planning to kill her too but couldn't go through with it?

Why did the little girl refer to him as "my daddy" I wonder?

We know he had time to think about it because he indicated he knew her whereabouts on May 22 and took her and the baby off the face of the earth on May 25.

Could he possibly of thought the little girl would be in preschool at the time?
Or, I hate saying this, was he planning to kill her too but couldn't go through with it?

Why did the little girl refer to him as "my daddy" I wonder?

Yeah, you're right; even if he didn't have three weeks to plan, he did have 3 days at least. I hope they're looking at his present and former shipmates to see if any of them have ties to the Fargo area. He might have played on their sympathy by manipulating what they knew of the situation or convinced them he's innocent. It's hard for me to believe he could just disappear out of Fargo with no help.

Yeah, you're right; even if he didn't have three weeks to plan, he did have 3 days at least. I hope they're looking at his present and former shipmates to see if any of them have ties to the Fargo area. He might have played on their sympathy by manipulating what they knew of the situation or convinced them he's innocent. It's hard for me to believe he could just disappear out of Fargo with no help.

I'm going to call my bil and ask him how and if he could get to Canada from Fargo. I'll be back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back