IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, mutilated, 20 Aug 2015 - #2 *not guilty*

What an unexpected surprise! Then again, aren't all surprises unexpected? An arrest is GREAT news! A strong case will be even GREATER news. I can't wait to read about the presser! (Binge watching Jersey Shore on Hulu as a way to relax after the Ross Harris trial [emoji12] )

Oh, at last!! Can't wait for more info. Poor Kyrian :(

Do we want to know before the presser?

ETA scratch that, already posted

Sorry about that!

Guglielmi said Kamel Harris, who is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Kyrian Knox, was once a caretaker for the boy. He said Harris was being held in a jail in Winnebago County on an unrelated charge when detectives arrested him and took him into their custody...

Details will be released at a press conference to discuss the arrest at 5 p.m. at the original Garfield Park site where Knox's body was found.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/arrest-made-in-murder-of-toddler-found-in-garfield-park-lagoon/1608556/

Oh, at last!! Can't wait for more info. Poor Kyrian :(
Right? I thought this little guy was never going to get any justice. There was so much going on at the time that distracted LE from this case. Amazing!

I'm waiting for it here:

http://abc7chicago.com/live/

Not far from where the press conference will be, there is a huge mess on the Eisenhower expressway, there was a shooting on the inbound side. I hope it doesn't totally pre-empt the presser.

without getting into too many specifics we have bilogical evidence from the vehicle the suspect was driving. Found blood that matched the victim on the carpet in the car, those results came back July? this year

Believe Kyrian was killed in Rockford

Some incidents create a lasting memory, and last year Kyrian Knox became one of those memories.
Recovered from the lagoon.
Back then, we said we would not give up.
Today I am proud to say we have kept our promise.
Meticulous investigation that brought us here today.

Kevin Duffin coming up to discuss specifics.
Thanks everyone for their work.

Commander Duffin:
1st and foremost, thank all my people who worked on this over the last 14 months.
Kate Meninga and Michael Kennedy were the primary detectives.
Wo getting into too many specifics, we have biological evidence recovered from avehicle, back in Nov of last year, recovered babys blood from the carpeting, results came back in July or Aug ofthis year. Simultaneously developed witnesses, brought to grand jury.
We believe he was killed in Rockford, but bulk of inv. was here, so he was charged in Cook Cty.

Not yet charged, under arrest, KAMEL HARRIS, the person watching the baby, he made a false report to the Rockford police that he had gone missing.

Sergeant Romero:
Marine unit.

Received a report of a foot, recovered it and learned it was real... searched and found another foot, and hands.
Next day, recovered head. He's breaking up a bit :(
Put a lot of hard work, especially in the conditions, a lot of credit to them.

Kamal Harris is not cooperative after being taken into custody last night. Immediately requested attorney

COD not determined

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288