IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, mutilated, 20 Aug 2015 - #2 *not guilty*

I can't find anything on social media even. I don't remember names though either. Kyrian doesn't have his own page.

I am furious I can't find anything. I don't think the records are public anymore. I know they were at one point but they don't seem to be now.

Last edited:
Okay little dude.... gotta have your adorable face on the new page here.

wa4ndu.jpg
14l3cwz.jpg

Kamel Harris charged with killing Kyrian Knox 'because he started crying after drinking milk' | Daily Mail Online

I can't find anything on social media even. I don't remember names though either. Kyrian doesn't have his own page.

I am furious I can't find anything. I don't think the records are public anymore. I know they were at one point but they don't seem to be now.

In loving Memory of Kyrian Knox is still open.

Gay, who is serving a 28-year sentence on drug charges out of Winnebago County, was one of three former Winnebago inmates who claim to have heard Harris admit to accidentally killing 2-year-old Kyrian Knox in Rockford in 2015, then chopping up the toddler’s body and dumping it in the Garfield Park Lagoon on Chicago’s West Side.

Harris must have suspected that Gay wasn’t a trustworthy confidant, as he drafted a handwritten non-disclosure agreement that stated he and Gay had never discussed their cases, and demanded Gay sign a copy. Gay signed, but wrote the word “forced” along with his signature.

“I wrote ‘forced’ because I felt like he forced it on me,” Gay said.
Prosecution rests in trial of man charged with killing, dismembering 2-year-old Kyrian Knox

He testified in his own defense and the jury was sent to deliberate but just went home for the night.

I hate to say it but I don't think they proved their case. How do we know the three people didn't come get him? I don't like it but I don't think I could convict him..... I do not envy this jury. :(

Megan Crepeau‏Verified account @crepeau 6h6 hours ago
The man accused of killing and dismembering a toddler and throwing his remains in Garfield Park Lagoon took the stand at his own trial today - maintaining his innocence in one of the most gruesome Chicago murder cases in memory.

Megan Crepeau‏Verified account @crepeau 6h6 hours ago
Fascinated to see what the jury makes of this. It’s extremely rare for defendants to hit the stand, particularly in cases that don’t involve self-defense. Attorneys are in closing arguments now.

Megan Crepeau‏Verified account @crepeau 4h4 hours ago
Jurors were just sent back to deliberate (yes, at this late hour).

Megan Crepeau‏Verified account @crepeau 3h3 hours ago
The jury was told they could find Harris guilty of involuntary manslaughter instead of first-degree murder - which could make things interesting, given nobody has been able to determine just how the boy died.

Megan Crepeau‏Verified account @crepeau 6m6 minutes ago
No verdict tonight - deliberations to resume tomorrow.

Man denies he killed 2-year-old Kyrian Knox, dismembered body and dumped remains in Chicago lagoon

Man denies he killed 2-year-old Kyrian Knox, dismembered body and dumped remains in Chicago lagoon

Harris has been on trial for the boy’s killing at the Leighton Criminal Court Building since last week. The jury deliberated for about three hours before recessing Wednesday night without a verdict. Deliberations will resume Thursday.

-----------------------------------------------

In closing arguments later Wednesday, prosecutors ridiculed Harris' account as “ridiculous.”

“He invented this fiction because he’s trying to escape responsibility for what he did to that baby in this home,” Assistant State’s Attorney Anastasia Harper said.

Harris’ attorney repeatedly stressed that no forensic evidence ties Harris to the crime. Police initially said drops of the boy’s blood were found in Harris’ car, but further testing could not confirm that the substance containing Kyrian’s DNA was, in fact, blood.

The attorney, K.S. Galhotra, said prosecutors’ case hinged on three liars from the Winnebago County Jail, which he called a “cesspool of snitches.”

Harris faces charges of first-degree murder, dismemberment and concealment of a homicidal death, but Wednesday evening, Joyce instructed jurors that they had the option to instead find him guilty of involuntary manslaughter instead of murder.

ugh...it is disheartening to read they couldn't confirm it was blood in the car.

And it isn't right to rely upon jailhouse snitches. They have been dishonest so many times.

It seems there isn't enough solid evidence.

Poor sweet boy. You deserved so much better, RIP young Kyrian.

Will Lee‏ @MidnoirCowboy 2h2 hours ago
The jury has acquitted Kamel Harris of all charges in the killing of Kyrian Knox. Harris is expected to be released from custody later today.

Will Lee‏ @MidnoirCowboy 2h2 hours ago
Harris’ attorneys thanked the jury for acquitting him despite the intense public interest and pressure surrounding it. Cook County prosecutors declined to comment as they left the courthouse.

Will Lee‏ @MidnoirCowboy 15m15 minutes ago
I missed this moment, but a witness and his attorney confirmed it, Harris’ head sank lower with each announced acquittal, until his forehead hit the shiny wooden defense table.

I agree, but I am crushed right now.

I am crushed too.

I know the jury got it right but Kyrian doesn't get justice. I do hope Kamel was in fact innocent and no one else is harmed once he's released.

I'm also guessing that vigilante justice might be an issue in this case and that worries me.

No evidence...three random people come to his home to take a child...were they Hispanic, driving a blue truck? Wearing MAGA hats?

A little boy is found dismembered. The last person his Mother left him with found "Not Guilty". Lack of evidence. Our laws are so "Criminal Centric".

There IS a lack of evidence and without it, the man shouldn't be convicted. That is how our system is supposed to work and this time, it did.

Jaycee Duggard's stepfather was the last one seen with her.
Riley Fox's father was the last one seen with her.
Jessica Lunsford's father was the last one seen with her.

All fell under suspicion, some for years and all were 1000% innocent.

Being the last one seen with a person doesn't make you guilty of their murder. It makes you a person of interest.
It is up to law enforcement to then develop evidence to prove that you committed the crime.

Sometimes cases go to trial that simply never should have. This was one of those cases. There simply wasn't enough evidence here to prove Kyrian was murdered, who murdered him, who dismembered him or who dumped the body. All that was proven is Kyrian died and was dismembered.

Now, if Kamel did in fact do it there is no chance for justice. Just like Nicole Brown Simpson and Caylee Anthony.

It should have been sent back to the evidence gathering phase. They should have kept investigating to see if they could find more physical evidence. They should have investigated other possibilities to eliminate them,

First place I would start is where did the dismemberment occur? Cleaning up after that is impossible, they should be able to find some evidence of it. In the other cases we've seen they have been able to find some sort of evidence of that in the home.

I don't like that nobody is paying for Kyrian's horrific death. However, the state simply didn't prove their case here. They have failed Kyrian.

Circumstantial, multi jurisdictional cases are the worst.

I hate this so much, guys. I've taken this case way more personally than most I've followed.

Kyrian, we love you! I will never forget you.

Acquitted. :eek:

@tlcya
@katydid23
@Kadoober

I am stunned. It was the correct verdict. But wow.

The case was weak. He did it IMO but they just couldn't connect the dots. I am heartbroken. Nobody will ever pay for Kyrian's end. That makes me so sad. That something like that can happen and nobody be held accountable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back