IL IL - Lane Bryant Murders, Tinley Park, 2 Feb 2008

She must always now shop online.

we all have to really. don't we?

we are the ones in prison, i think. :behindbar

My mother would not know how to turn a puter on if you gave her a map to the power button.

Only recently has she expressed an interest in learning how to use a compter and that is only because she wants to BUY A PINK LAPTOP!

the five shot are dead, according to LE. they're withholding names pending notification of family.

i can't believe in LANE BRYANT of all places. makes me sick.

My daughter is afraid to go outside now...since he is still on the run. She was driving in that area a few hours ago...:(

My mother would not know how to turn a puter on if you gave her a map to the power button.

Only recently has she expressed an interest in learning how to use a compter and that is only because she wants to BUY A PINK LAPTOP!

TEACH her! if partner's 74 year-old mother and my beloved 74 year-old cousin can do it then for goodness sake your darling mother can. :D

TEACH her! if partner's 74 year-old mother and my beloved 74 year-old cousin can do it then for goodness sake your darling mother can. :D

Everyone has offered to teach her and up until she saw a pink laptop she always refused! Now she NEEDS this laptop so she will learn. forget about the fact that at her house there are 2 pc's and 2 silver laptops!

My mom is 74 years old. I saw some pictures of our relatives on her computer and my daughter said "Grandma, where did you get these?"
She replied, "Off of their 'SPACES', I'm not as old as you think!" She is surfing MySpace pages for her grandchildren, nieces and nephews!

I thought that was hilarious...:p

We all everywhere have to be computer literate these days for security if not only pleasure.

mall closures happening all the time. eventually we'll stay indoors to shop in safety.

Dead Malls: http://deadmalls.com/

My daughter is afraid to go outside now...since he is still on the run. She was driving in that area a few hours ago...:(

That is very scary. Since he was near a highway I suspect he drove off to a long way from the scene, but who knows? Tell her to keep doors locked and eyes and ears open.

We all everywhere have to be computer literate these days for securety if not only pleasure.

mall closures happening all the time. eventually we'll stay indoors to shop in safety.

Does this happen over in Germany?

This is so tragic and sad and senseless.

Does this happen over in Germany?

We never got to the level of popularity of malls in Germany as they were and are in America. we certainly have a fair few, but not the same. i don't know of dead malls here, but i may be wrong.

likewise in Britain where i'm from.

First the mall in Omaha ...9 fatalities, now a chicago mall... 5 fatalities. If the perpetrator was after a specific person he brought other victims down with her. What is happening in our world. The young man that shot the victims in Omaha was unbalanced and committed suicide. LE had surveillence tapes in Omaha. I hope the Chicago mall had tape of the shooter and will find him quickly.

This is a very small store in a newly-developed strip mall outside. There are unoccupied stores next to it, so it's a bit isolated. I read there were no store cameras, hopefully there is something from the parking lot area.

There will a presser at 8:45PM Chicago Time. I'm not sure I'll be home to watch it. Here is the link:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/

ETA: I do almost all my shopping online. I live away from the City and the gas and hassle to drive in is just not worth it.

We all everywhere have to be computer literate these days for security if not only pleasure.

Dead Malls: http://deadmalls.com/

Hey Floh,:blowkiss:

Just wanted to point out that just as much danger can come to people from their travels online as their travels in real life.

I am so sorry that this tragedy happened and these lives were taken, but I am not afraid to go to malls or to any public places for that matter. I can't imagine that I ever will be.

However, I prefer to shop online because I can do it in my pajamas while eating peanut butter sandwiches!

WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR US...............

TO SAY..................ENOUGH

Here at WS.............we are so sick of reading every day, time in and time out, of killings of babies, children, wives, daughters, sons, moms. sisters, brothers, husbands, etc.

Is it the Judicial system? Is it the Local State system? Is it the Federal system trickling down? Is it minds just going bad?

I'm sorry....................I am so stomping upset about this that 5 human beings have gone into a store such as a Lane Bryant.....................and end up being dead.

I think we have enough people here at WS, if we all would just did ONE thing where we live at...............that maybe as a whole, we could make a difference.

Hubby, just hugged me and said...........honey..............that can't happen.

I disagree!!!!!!! (Guess the movie "Pay It Forward" really did touch me)

That 'Pay It Forward' movie was a great one!!

WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR US...............

TO SAY..................ENOUGH

Here at WS.............we are so sick of reading every day, time in and time out, of killings of babies, children, wives, daughters, sons, moms. sisters, brothers, husbands, etc.

Is it the Judicial system? Is it the Local State system? Is it the Federal system trickling down? Is it minds just going bad?

I'm sorry....................I am so stomping upset about this that 5 human beings have gone into a store such as a Lane Bryant.....................and end up being dead.

I think we have enough people here at WS, if we all would just did ONE thing where we live at...............that maybe as a whole, we could make a difference.

Hubby, just hugged me and said...........honey..............that can't happen.

I disagree!!!!!!! (Guess the movie "Pay It Forward" really did touch me)

Of course it can happen, it does happen, it is happeneing. Many of us here at WS (and others like us all over the world) do make a difference - every single day - where we live - by the thoughts, words and deeds we choose.

As a whole, we continue to make a difference, and that is heartening. Have all of us been able to save the entire world from pain and suffering? Not yet. We just need to keep doing what we do and remembering that, in the end, it is only the light we spread that matters.

Of course it can happen, it does happen, it is happeneing. Many of us here at WS (and others like us all over the world) do make a difference - every single day - where we live - by the thoughts, words and deeds we choose.

As a whole, we continue to make a difference, and that is heartening. Have all of us been able to save the entire world from pain and suffering? Not yet. We just need to keep doing what we do and remembering that, in the end, it is only the light we spread that matters.

As sad as it is that is the only thing we can do. Does the political system make a difference no it doesn't.The light from so many who love one another does make a difference.I read in the ajc today where 4 homeless people were found dead. This is terrible. Mostly it was weather related and I think that could have been prevented but it wasn't. There is sadness everywhere. We can't stop evil we can only help by spreading more light. The light can come from prayers and helping some to prevent from being a victim. We have to keep going with this as this is what makes WS different and important.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back