IL IL - Lane Bryant Murders, Tinley Park, 2 Feb 2008

As for why I think he chose this store, it was a soft target. He felt there would be the least resistance with no men around. The fact that there was no cameras sealed the deal for him I think.

I know GM was convicted in Mississippi back in the 90's. Although they would have taken his fingerprints, did the have the IAFIS system back then. They could have fingerprinted him and they were never loaded into any database. The same with DNA. I do not believe they were even collecting DNA back then, and if they were, was it being loaded into any databases? I would like to hear what GM voice sounds like and compare to the 911 call. We know he is someone who can snap in an instance and shoot multiple people without bating an eyelash. I hope TP police at least look into him. What is to lose at this point?

Still, nothing after 11 years. Not a peep out of LE and not a peep out of the media!
This and the Jennifer Kesse case are the most frustrating cases to me. Clues, but not enough to point any one direction... This has to be a career criminal.. or personal since he didn't even cover his face which I assume most department store/gas station robberies with guns do..

Not a day goes by where I don't think about this case. I google it almost everyday, hoping one day there will be something. Seeing this case solved is on my bucket list and I hope this guy doesn't become another DB Cooper and vanish forever. I still believe he is going to slip up one day and justice will be served.

I'm still watching the news daily to see if there is any thing at all. Nothing in over a year now in MSM, nothing put out by LE. Just hard to believe after all of this time, 11 plus years this guy is free roaming around...

I have found myself doing the same thing almost every day. The silence on this case is almost deafening. It's crazy how cases that happened around the same time as this case have Dateline, Paula Zahn, People Magazine et all.., but not this case.

Just so sad. Not even a peep from MSM. Last news articles were from back in 2018. 5 women dead in a clothing store in the morning hours on a winter day over 11 years ago. Again, sad!

Unbelieveable, really. Do they not care? Is LE even still working this case?

LE probably needs that - wait for it...here's the cliche - "one tip". The problem is that if is cold in the public's view you're not likely to get many tips. In order to generate some tips and thus increase the chance of that "one tip", LE and the media need to keep it alive by being vocal.

So, yes, it sure doesn't seem like LE is working on it. And neither is the media.

Unbelieveable, really. Do they not care? Is LE even still working this case?
This case has always been on my mind.
Can’t believe it has been 11 years.

The last mention I saw on the media was a newspaper article around the time of the 10th anniversary. I happened to be in Chicago area, visiting a friend in one of the south suburbs. There was an article, not in one of the Chicago papers but in a small suburb paper. The article featured photos of all the victims and information about their families. Some quotes from family members. IIRC some thoughts from an investigator saying he thinks about it every day and how much he wants the case to be solved.

This case has had historically little media coverage. Since the 5 year anniversary back in 2013, the majority of the articles on this case have come on the anniversaries. There are very few podcasts about this case, no books have been published and have never seen this case on ID. There are other cold cases that have received much more coverage.

Yeah, TJMaxx moved in, that was a big story followed by the new 3D sketch released on the 10th anniversary and then crickets.

So, so true.......on every single case I follow LE says the same thing....One tip away from solving the case. Well that was the same situation from the day it happened!

I just keep hoping that the silence by the media and law enforcement is just a calm before a storm. What does LE know that they are not telling us? It seems like every time there is a news article it is the same thing over and over. No new news, just the same narrative over and over. I would like some fresh perspective on this case.

The Lane Bryant Shooting — Unresolved

Some interesting reading here. Most of the information we already had, but some new tidbits as well, including a coffee cup left behind by the killer.
Thanks for posting that. I want so much for this case to be solved.

I know I have mentioned before, I lived not far from there when my kids were young. I was a single parent and we used to go to a pizza place just past that shopping area. I had been to the Target that shared a parking lot with Lane Bryant store.

I had always thought the store was picked for a robbery because of the location just off the expressway, but there is a lot that doesn’t add up.

Correct, alot doesn't add up. I wonder how many people are actually involved in this. I would bet at least three people. I think the lack of security cameras, not only in the store itself, but also in the common areas of the plaza around the store made this an attractive target. The only security footage from this crime being from Target hundreds of feet away. I bet they scoped this place out ahead of time and that was one factor in making this place a target.

The Lane Bryant Shooting — Unresolved

Some interesting reading here. Most of the information we already had, but some new tidbits as well, including a coffee cup left behind by the killer.
Thanks for keeping an eye open jbirner...

So he took money and jewelry from the individual women. He put underwear on their heads. A clearer description of how Connie fought back and blood under her finger nails!!! (DNA!!!). The coffee cup (DNA!!)..Examining the guy in the Target parking lots shoes.

Also interesting that they suspect not only the dark colored SUV was involved with a get a way driver as we had speculated here but also the dark colored sedan.

It still just blows my mind that there was no cameras in the store..just crazy.

In 2 months it will be 12 years...hard to believe!

I was just thinking how strange it is that he put underwear over their heads when he got them in the break room when they already saw him, he was unmasked. Did he do that for his own sake...so he didn't have to look at them when he shot them. Could this mean this was always his intention, to kill them???

I was just thinking how strange it is that he put underwear over their heads when he got them in the break room when they already saw him, he was unmasked. Did he do that for his own sake...so he didn't have to look at them when he shot them. Could this mean this was always his intention, to kill them???
To keep from seeing the other accomplices. I think there was someone in there with him when the 911 call was made. You can hear him in the background talking.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back