IL IL - Lane Bryant Murders, Tinley Park, 2 Feb 2008

That is a pretty good sketch along with the corn rows, someone should recognize this man. I hope they talk soon as I believe he will kill again.

They should do a sketch of him WITHOUT the corn rows. I guarantee they're gone now, probably shaved off at home with some clippers.

The people that would know this suspect would know him/her with having the corn rows...so it wouldn't matter if they did another sketch. They are looking for his/her name and hopefully, it is somewhere in the two dozen calls they have gotten. (That sure isn't very many leads, imo)

Maybe it's a he and his girlfriend did his cornrows for the occasion so there's few witnesses? I think police think he has a girlfriend as they're worried how dangerous he is.

Updates???? Is this guy still running loose??

Why is LE so quiet now?????

Police looking for leads in the murder of five women in a south suburban clothing store have a new high-visibility means of reaching the public -- electronic billboards that will post a sketch of the suspect.
“Clear Channel and Lamar have already posted the ads on the digital billboards that are often used for Amber alerts,” Cook County Crime Stoppers Chairman George McDade said Tuesday morning. Both companies have donated the space on about 10 billboards, he said. (more at link)
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/789431,billboard021208.article

UPDATE ON THIS CASE>>>>>>>>>>
I was listening to CBS2 news this mornin and they announced they have a very good tip and following up on it. I hope & Pray this pans out!
Here is a SNIP from the article.......
http://www.southtownstar.com/news/790782,021308billboards.article
Source: Specific suspect sought in Tinley Park murders

February 13, 2008
By Angela Caputo and William Lee, Staff writers
Investigators looking for the killer of five women in a Tinley Park clothing store have identified a suspect and are actively searching for him for questioning, a source said Tuesday.

Information on the suspect came from a tip to the South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force, which is coordinating the investigation into the Feb. 2 slayings at a Lane Bryant store, according to a source close to the investigation.
Police cars were parked Monday outside the Lane Bryant store in Brookside Marketplace. Five women were slain and a sixth wounded inside the store Feb. 2.

Police urge anyone with information about the attacker to contact them.

The gunman is described a black man between 5-feet-8 and 5-feet-10, 25 to 35 years old, with a medium complexion and a stocky build. He was last seen wearing a black jacket and black jeans with rhinestone detailing on a back pocket.

His hair style was described as a series of three to five “puffy” corn rows, with a single strand hanging down over the right cheek.

Anyone with information about the Brookside Marketplace killings should call the hot line: (708) 444-5394.
The source would not provide any more information on the person being sought.

"The tip looks promising," the source said.

The source declined to say where the tip came from, including whether it resulted from digital billboards that went up this week containing the composite sketch of the killer as drawn from a description by the sole survivor of the crime.

George McDade, of the Cook County Crime Stoppers, hopes the billboards will lead to identifying the killer.

"Somebody knows who this guy is and where he is," McDade said. And with thousands of people passing along well-traveled stretches of highway where the signs hang, he said "it's only a matter of time," before a tip comes in that cracks the case wide open.
***MORE @ SITE***

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-tinley-park-slayings-arrest_web,0,3886710.story

A possible suspect has been arrested in connection with the Tinley Park slayings, a law enforcement source said Wednesday.

A man who closely resembles the police sketch of the gunman who killed five women Feb. 2 at a Lane Bryant store in the southwest suburb was picked up early Wednesday morning by the U.S. Marshal's fugitive task force and turned over to the South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force, the source said.

The suspect was wanted on a parole violation warrant. When investigators pulled his photograph, they noticed a close resemblance to the sketch in the Tinley Park slayings, the source said.

More info on link..

He's arrested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!they think they have the right guy!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-tinley-park-slayings-arrest_web,0,3886710.story

By David Heinzmann |Tribune reporter9:14 AM CST, February 13, 2008
A possible suspect has been arrested in connection with the Tinley Park slayings, a law enforcement source said Wednesday.

A man who closely resembles the police sketch of the gunman who killed five women Feb. 2 at a Lane Bryant store in the southwest suburb was picked up early Wednesday morning by the U.S. Marshal's fugitive task force and turned over to the South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force, the source said.

The suspect was wanted on a parole violation warrant. When investigators pulled his photograph, they noticed a close resemblance to the sketch in the Tinley Park slayings, the source said.

The suspect was arrested in a house in Chicago, believed to be on the South Side. The suspect tried to hide but did not aggressively resist arrest, the source said.

I hope this is him, and I hope he rots in jail and in hell.

Thanks for posting this!
I have cartoons on with the little guy home sick.
It sounds like it may be him, who would try to hide if they did nothing wrong?

I heard this mornin they had a good tip I am so excited when I got home I had a CBS 2 News alert about this arrest I hope they have the right Perp!

Thanks for posting this!
I have cartoons on with the little guy home sick.
It sounds like it may be him, who would try to hide if they did nothing wrong?

Because he had an outstanding warrant!

I hope like hell this is him! :)

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/tinley.park.suspect.2.652793.html
(snip)
On Tuesday morning came reports that all the work had paid off. At least two newspapers reported that a suspect had been identified and a possible suspect had been arrested. But both claims were quickly dismissed by Tinley Park police.

"No one has been arrested, nor do we have suspects at this time," said Tinley Park police Cmdr. Rick Bruno. "Due to the fact that false information could discourage persons from calling our hotline, we are encouraging people to call in with any information they have."

I think it sounds like this one guy was brought in for questioning, not arrested. I'd think they'd have to have "something" on him to arrest him.
And I didn't read that they did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back