IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #2

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by bessie, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cady

cady Well-Known Member

Has to be male DNA, too, unless a moll was with the 3 swamp guys. JMO

2. cady

cady Well-Known Member

Was he maybe drunk and went into a rage? I really would like to hear his story....JMO

3. KristinSchmistin

KristinSchmistin *Awesome* User

Yes, I did know about the prevalence of suicide in law enforcement profession. Interesting (shocking) fact: 34% of LEOs suffer from PTSD compared to 14% of military veterans. The risk of suicide in LEO is 39% higher than all other professions combined. Scary, right?

That said, committing suicide and covering it up to look like an ambush, hypothetical cover-up involving others, it's just not logical

In many departments the death benefits from death in the line of duty whether suicide or homicide is the same. Not only is the profession high risk in a physical sense, but also a mental and emotional sense.

So yeah, still, IMO, suicide is not even plausible.

There is always a remote (.00000001%) possibility that I am wrong.

4. vestigare

vestigare Former Member

I am sure he will sell his story the first opportunity he gets.

5. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

Actually, there is a 100% possibility that you are wrong.

6. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Sex outside somewhere the night before. I guess where thinking of the same case. What a nightmare that case was. We have a thread for it here at WS.

For those not familiar, it is the murder of Krystal Tobias and Laura Hobbs. Laura Hobbs father was charged with murder and held for years. DNA evidence of semen found on the girls was determined NOT to belong Laura's Father. The Lake County authorities attempted to explain away the dna not matching by saying the girls could have picked up the dna while playing in the area.....

Eventually that semen DNA was found to match a military friend of Krystals brother who has been convicted in multiple murders. I can assure you, if it were not for another agency outside of IL making that dna match, Lake county would have still insisted the girls picked up the semen dna from playing in the area.

Here is the link for the Tobias Hobbs case:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Tobias-9-amp-Laura-Hobbs-8-Zion-8-May-2005-2

7. vestigare

vestigare Former Member

Not true, If he was found to have committed suicide his widow is ineligible for the PSOB and Illinois Officer Death Benefits. That is $330,000 for the PSOB and $320,000 from Illinios she would not get.

She might still get other insurance depending on the individulat policy but the huge payouts from the Federal and State have a specific clause that Exempts both suicide and death from own negligence. So even some accidents don't pay out if he had dones something negligent to get himself into trouble. Also if he was on any drugs no pay out.

8. cady

cady Well-Known Member

Then, why is suicide still on the table? Maybe today there will be a ruling, but so far, homicide evidence has not panned out. I'm afraid the ruling will end up UNDETERMINED. UGH. JMO

9. KristinSchmistin

YEAH. SEE? Something is really hinky. First Filenko is all "the coroner isn't giving me info" and then the coroner is all "no way, I'm waiting on forensics and info from THEM to determine manner of death, AND three of his guys were in the autopsy so I am totally giving him info."

This is like straight out of true detective.

10. KristinSchmistin

I am really not sure why the suicide theory is still floating around- I think it's a small vocal minority of posters (like two) that really feel it is suicide.

I really think its homicide but it didn't go down the way it seems like it did now- like much more information that we don't have yet.

11. KristinSchmistin

Sorry, I should have added: I am basing the death benefits information as it exists here in New York State.

And even so, aren't there like fifty other ways to manufacture your demise with the end goal of avoiding the "suicide" classification that are far less complicated than this scenario we are presented with?

12. vestigare

vestigare Former Member

I am thinking the shenanigans in Lake county would make a great movie. So many screwed up cases with all these players intertwined.

13. KristinSchmistin

I was being sarcastic with that last line.

But just to clarify: you believe it actually was suicide?

14. KristinSchmistin

Oh yeah, it's very creepy! The coroner seems solid though. You should check out some of the other cases that were total hack jobs. I mean we all know that there is corruption- but this seems so blatant- and went unchecked for so long- its hard to believe some of the things are just now getting corrected.

15. KEVINinTO

KEVINinTO Former Member

Authorities investigating possibility of suicide in shooting death

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/1...ibility-suicide-in-shooting-death-ill-police/

16. vestigare

vestigare Former Member

PSOB is the Federal Act so in NY you won't get money from that in a suicide.
    NY appears to have a system of what is Ordinary Death and Accidental Death Benefits for Officers. Without reading the fine print I would imagine Suicide wouldn't pay in the Accidental and would be limited in the Ordinary except maybe as just the regular Death Benefits that survivors gets like SSI etc...

There are probably a thousand ways to manufacture a suicide to look like killed in the line of duty I doubt they looked into his computer search history or anything so we may never know if he contemplated other ways.

I don't think this scenario is as complicated as everyone thinks anyway. So many people assumed it was homicide right away and it was only the jaded and cynics who questioned the narrative at the beginning. The story may stick as homicide.

17. vestigare

vestigare Former Member

At this point the coroner is the only one I trust at all.

18. Big Bread

Big Bread New Member

If that happens, then everyone wins! High five!

19. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

"The second and fatal shot struck him underneath his vest, fired in a downward trajectory, near the heart."

It sounds like he held his weapon at the head opening of the vest, near his collarbone, aimed at his heart and pulled the trigger.

20. leah

leah Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.