IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #7

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by i.b.nora, Nov 6, 2015.

1. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

I can't help but wonder what his Army service record was like. Of course we will probably never know. I doubt that his skulduggery was confined to just the police department.

And, I am finding it amusing to see the people who are still making excuses for his behavior, including in that statement at that Blue Warriors Facebook page.

2. Loading...

3. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the recent news in Michigan, I think, where a town is supporting a pedo-rapist over the young female victim...even though he admitted it. Sick.

4. DEPUTYDAWG

DEPUTYDAWG Active Member

Interesting how we all read the same thing differently, as I don't view the FB page statement I mentioned as supportive of him.
    Rather, disappointment and coming to grips with it. Especially considering most LEOs probably didn't digest this case and follow it as closely as readers here.
    It's a betrayal, being digested.

JMO

5. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Well-Known Member

Why not simply retire and deal with it personally. He would have gotten a slap on the wrist and probably would have to make financial restitution. That is all.

6. angelainwi

angelainwi Certified Trauma Counselor

Because narcissist.

7. Thora_Jay

Thora_Jay New Member

One of the things I found last month that Melodie has 2 judgements. I was not allowed to post anything about her. But of the things I found I can post the detailed info I found pertaining to the financial judgements since WGN stated that she owes thousands of dollars but they did not give the details.
    Below is what I found last month pertaining to finances:

She used her maiden name for one of them.

Melodie Resetar
    Type:E
    Address: 38561 Lakeside PL,Antioch, Il
    Case Ni: 10SC3107
    Record date: 06/01/2010
    Filing date: 07/11/2011
    Plaintiff: Midland Funding Llc
    Liability: $1,833.00

Name: Melodie A. Gliniewicz
    Type:E
    Address: 38561 Lakeside Pl, Antioch, Il
    Case No: 09SC10350
    Record date: 10/09/2012
    Filing date: 03/11/2013
    Plaintiff: Citibank South Dakota Na
    Liability: $7,228.00

8. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

[​IMG]

Last Updated Oct 1, 2015 1:38 PM EDT
    FOX LAKE, Ill. -- The northern Illinois police officer found dead last month was shot with his own weapon, but detectives were still treating it as a homicide investigation based on evidence that included signs of a struggle, the lead investigator said Thursday.

After vetting the information and concluding it wouldn't harm the investigation, authorities confirmed for the first time that Fox Lake police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was shot with his own weapon. He was struck by two rounds, one that hit his ballistic vest with the force of a "sledgehammer" and another that pierced his upper chest, said Lake County Major Crimes Task Force Commander George Filenko.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fox-lak...s-joseph-gliniewicz-unidentified-dna-samples/[HR][/HR][...]
    “In layman’s terms the weapon could have been fired by Lieutenant Gliniewicz, or he could have been in close proximity to the weapon being fired,” Filenko said.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/10/01/slain-fox-lake-police-officer-was-shot-with-his-own-weapon/

Case Map
    (Thanks to Steelman.)

Scanner Thread

IL - Lt. Charles Gliniewicz Media Thread **NO DISCUSSION**

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6

9. cady

cady Active Member

They said he was still a hero, basically, because of military service and PD service....HORSEPUCKEY. JMO

10. Tillicum

Tillicum Active Member

After the glimpse we've had into CG's actions and personality I wouldn't be surprised if he had a very grandiose retirement planned, at least in his own mind. I can't see him sitting back and enjoying a quiet, calm and boring retirement with the little lady. Anything else IMO would be jeopardized if he'd dealt with it personally like a real man.

11. CookieM

CookieM New Member

Subscribing. Because goodness knows, I don't want to miss what gets unearthed next... :worms:

12. CookieM

CookieM New Member

Yeahhhhh a reallll hero.... when he wasn't coercing a subordinate into performing oral sex, attempting to hire hit men, fondling coworkers at Christmas parties.....
    :groucho:

13. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

Dear Websleuths Members,

Please welcome our newest verified member IKnewThisMan.

IKnewThisMan is friends with the son of Lt. Gliniewicz and had conversations with Lt Gliniewicz you will find interesting.

You may ask questions of IKnewThisMan but please remember to post respectfully.

Short of hiring a Private Investigator to investigate this poster I believe she/he has shown me enough information that I am very comfortable verifying this poster. However, it is up to you to believe or not believe what IKnewThisMan posts. If you choose not to believe please remember to be polite and move on.

Thank you,
    Tricia

14. DexterMorgan

I think the mrs has dirt on the whole department. So just have her payback the Explorers Program money and once she applies for his benefits; Then give it to her at a regular officer pay grade.

I doubt he told her what he was about to do. Jmo

15. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

16. night train

night train New Member

[HR][/HR]
    I have no desire to defend Gliniewicz but this has to be said. The "entitlement mentality" is running rampant throughout the US and cops are often in a position where they have to sweep up behind the circus traveling through town, you hope they don't get jaded after a while.

The personal file showed several different sides of Gliniewicz The pushy idiot with the big shot mentality who Gliniewicz gave a speeding ticket to was a jerk, the whinny protest letter he wrote to the Mayor for getting pulled over and ticketed was pathetic.

17. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

Welcome IKnewThisMan to Websleuths?

:greetings:

18. CookieM

CookieM New Member

:greetings:
    I, for one, will certainly be interested to hear IKnewThisMan's input.

19. DexterMorgan

The lady who forgot her gun did deserve a big write up for that. Jmo. Now I'm not doubting her claims. But an officer who forgets to bring in their gun should be fired imo.

20. Lynnsey

Lynnsey New Member

Subscribing to the newest thread. I don't want to miss a beat!

I sat there and read all of the personnel files. At first, I was like, that's a lot of commendations. Where's the stuff that seems to meld more with what has been uncovered about him? Then I realized, all the good stuff was in the front, then the rest was pretty negative. I work in HR, so I was VERY interested in his personnel file.

Also, a search on FB today shows that NONE of the G family's profiles are showing up. It appears that they all finally got smart and suspended their accounts? Yesterday, DJ's was wide open, and ANYONE could comment. Today, he doesn't even come up in a search. Amazing how fast things change....

21. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

The tickets he wrote and put the wrong court date on them and then didn't call the people to tell them the right date even after being told to do so.