IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

Sorry if this was posted, but he really did not think his phone was a problem as far as recovering all the messages and #'s. amazing!

The source said Gliniewicz sent a text to a woman in April asking her to set up a meeting with him and a high level motorcycle gang member. Gliniewicz later told the woman on the phone he wanted to contact the gang member for the purpose of putting a hit out on Marrin, who was auditing the books of Police Explorers program authorities say Gliniewicz was stealing from.

The woman disclosed the telephone conversation to detectives following Gliniewicz's death.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/more-incidents-surface-from-dark-past-of-embezzler-cop/

Welcome, IKnewThisMan! Very interested in what you have to say. A couple initial questions:

- What was Joe like, from your viewpoint? Are you as shocked as some of us to hear about all these horrible things he did?
- Did you have suspicions from the start that something wasn't right about his death?
- How is his family holding up (especially the sons)?
- Did you notice Joe acting differently in the months leading up to his death?

TIA and welcome!

Sorry if this was posted, but he really did not think his phone was a problem as far as recovering all the messages and #'s. amazing!

The source said Gliniewicz sent a text to a woman in April asking her to set up a meeting with him and a high level motorcycle gang member. Gliniewicz later told the woman on the phone he wanted to contact the gang member for the purpose of putting a hit out on Marrin, who was auditing the books of Police Explorers program authorities say Gliniewicz was stealing from.
So Merrin had Joe freaking out fairly quickly, within a month or so. Took another 4 months for things to come to a head.

Are we going to have a separate thread for the insider. Btw. Do they know that depending on their provided information that it is a possibility of family knowing who they are.

I just hope that they play it smart without outing themselves. Jmo

Let me just say this went down hill fast. I have to hand it to him planning his own death like this, But it goes to show just how devious and deceitful he was.

It is sad for all involved.

Let me just say this went down hill fast. I have to hand it to him planning his own death like this, But it goes to show just how devious and deceitful he was.

It is sad for all involved.
I wouldn't be surprised to learn he was on drugs... and not thinking with a sound mind.

Dear Websleuths Members,

Please welcome our newest verified member IKnewThisMan.

IKnewThisMan is friends with the son of Lt. Gliniewicz and had conversations with Lt Gliniewicz you will find interesting.

You may ask questions of IKnewThisMan but please remember to post respectfully.

Short of hiring a Private Investigator to investigate this poster I believe she/he has shown me enough information that I am very comfortable verifying this poster. However, it is up to you to believe or not believe what IKnewThisMan posts. If you choose not to believe please remember to be polite and move on.

Thank you,
Tricia

Welcome IKnowThisMan - you will find this forum to be extremely respectful and we are all very happy to have you here.

posted by cady at 2021in thread 6, and bbm
"yup Used and abused EVERY institution imaginable...I had read somewhere that he had a Masters Degree, but it looked to me in reading his resume (p 139???) that he had not completed the final hurdle which was a thesis. (not positive, but that's how I read it correct me if that is wrong). JMO."

Missed ^that. Has this bn covered in meantime? TIA. I'm catching up.
IIRC, I saw notation about his Kaplan enrollment & degree. Did not see major or field.
Puzzling: first batch of pers. file docs included no resume or employment application. Maybe in next doc dump?

I have to think he was union and that is what kept his job. idk just doesn't make sense with all the infractions. jmo Where they that desperate?

Well, I will be interested to know what side of the situation IKnow is on in this case. I will be very happy to hear anything he has to say, however, and would be more than respectful no matter what his opinion. We really appreciate our insiders here. Here are just a few questions, off the top of my head.

1.) Does DJ and family still believe, or maintain that he was murdered?
2.) What is the story behind DJ's marriage?
3.) How are the younger boys holding up? (I hope they have some good friends and support.)
4.) Did LtG still drink?
5.) Does DJ and Mel maintain their innocence?

I have to think he was union and that is what kept his job. idk just doesn't make sense with all the infractions. jmo Where they that desperate?

Yes, he was definitely union -- there were things to indicate that in his personal file. But I think that over and above his union, he had people who protected him in his department. He had a very cozy relationship with one of his superiors (was it Behan?), as per the document from the end of his file that was linked/copied here.

"yup Used and abused EVERY institution imaginable...I had read somewhere that he had a Masters Degree, but it looked to me in reading his resume (p 139???) that he had not completed the final hurdle which was a thesis. (not positive, but that's how I read it correct me if that is wrong). JMO."

IIRC, I saw notation about his Kaplan enrollment & degree. Did not see major or field.
Puzzling: first batch of pers. file docs included no resume or employment application. Maybe in next doc dump?

In reference to the resume it's my opinion that 30 odd years ago they were not required. jmo

guess it was not a resume then, it was a list of school and employment from HS on. JMO

Yes, he was definitely union -- there were things to indicate that in his personal file. But I think that over and above his union, he had people who protected him in his department. He had a very cozy relationship with one of his superiors (was it Behan?), as per the document from the end of his file that was linked/copied here.

bbm, I think so, and was it not he who also took an early out?

no idea how triple post happened or double or whatever it is

OT, but does anyone else's websleuth's page periodically change to center justified?? It drives me batty! One minute it will be left justified, then I refresh or go to another page and BAM! Center justified. Ugh. Even my websleuth's mail. No rhyme or reason, and only happens here.
Weird. But wondered if I were the only one this happens to.
^bbm
Me too.
I suspected it was my mischievous finger inadvertently hitting a key. Or nighttime elves that move keys on keyboard. Yes - batty, yes - only on W/S. LOL.

guess it was not a resume then, it was a list of school and employment from HS on. JMO

No mistake on your part.
My post should have stated that the doc you referred to was mos' def' written & dated after Lt G's FLPD start date.
Sorry for any confusion.

<modsnip> I am interested, too, but I do not want to badger....JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee