Found Deceased IL - Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui, 19, nine months pregnant, Chicago, 24 Apr 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Apr 26, 2019.

1. HumboldtOz

HumboldtOz Well-Known Member

What is it that someone said earlier, that Clarissa had alluded to another dead child besides her adult son on Facebook?
    From what I’ve read it sounds like Clarissa has the 1 daughter, Desiree, another adult daughter, the adult son who died, and it sounds like another one who died. How many children does this woman have? And what the hell? You already had your family and you stole someone’s family from them? Sick.

Alice253, Stunned, misgrn and 7 others like this.
  2. HumboldtOz

State not alerted for weeks that woman may not be baby’s mom

“Illinois’ child welfare agency says more than two weeks passed before it was alerted that a woman taken to a Chicago-area hospital with a gravely ill newborn may not be his mother, even though she arrived bloodied and showed no signs of giving birth.”

3. HumboldtOz

‘They Are Monsters’: Daughters, Sisters Of Marlen Ochoa’s Alleged Killers Say They Can’t Forgive Them

CHICAGO (CBS)– Scared to show their faces or reveal their names, the adult-twin daughters of Clarisa Figueroa describe the horror after learning, that their mother and half sister, Desiree, allegedly murdered 19-year-old Marlen Ochoa, took her baby, and tried to pass it off as their brother.

“They are monsters,” one sister said. “It’s just too much already, it’s just too much.”

EDIT:

So what I can make out from this, Clarissa had:
    Desiree
    2 Twin daughters
    1 adult son who died
    1 child she alluded to on facebook that died

So Clarissa is the mother of 5!? Am I interpreting this correctly?

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  4. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

I think she has one adult daughter (the one who alleged assisted in the murder), two adult twin daughters that don't live with her, and she had one adult son who died a year ago and whom she apparently was trying to replace with a baby.

NanZDrew, misgrn, Lynetta and 5 others like this.
  5. HumboldtOz

So Clarissa is either the mother of 4. What a psychotic woman. You had your family. You had your children. Her twin daughters in that interview even said they grew up in an unstable household. Not shocked. These people see babies as things. Not people. A tool for attention.

6. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

She is a mother and I believe the twin daughters have children of their own, and of course the other daughter is 4 months pregnant, so not only she had a bunch of children, she had grandchildren as well.

7. tiffay001

tiffay001 Active Member

Yes, I agree that she sees babies and people as tools to feed her own ego and agenda. It’s unthinkable to imagine she was fine with killing someone else’s child, after feeling the loss so deep as loosing her OWN son. How do you punish someone else’s family because of your loss, and selfish desires.

8. lakelette

lakelette Active Member

They ought to DNA test all her kids, adult or not.

9. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I agree. I mean they made a connection quickly, apparently, figuring out that they had met, but somehow didn't make a "connection" and had no idea they needed to dig deeper.

I guess it's so horrific that no one could imagine that a random person online who was also pregnant, would be connected to the disappearance and ultimate death or that their child didn't exist and was actually the missing woman's baby. They'd have no reason to assume anything about that baby.

I'm very baffled by the hospital's inaction more than anything.

ETA: I guess not. They didn't go to Clarisa's house until May 7?

10. ValhallaWolves

ValhallaWolves Well-Known Member

That’s a horrifying thought. Can you even imagine?

11. gitana1

It's unacceptable. She could've gone even more crazy and murdered the child. Or taken him from the hospital to hide so she wouldn't have been found out.

12. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

13. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

they say they won't attend court but I think they should and sit on the side of the prosecutor/victim

14. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Bizarre for sure. Hard to understand what was going on that hospital that they didn't alert authorities. This woman shows up covered in blood, with a newborn, and no signs of giving birth. Never mind she is 46 and had her tubes tied. That's not suspicious to warrant a call to authorities?

"Police and Illinois' child welfare agency say staff at a Chicago-area hospital didn't alert them after determining that a bloodied woman who arrived with a gravely ill newborn had not just given birth to the baby boy, as she claimed."
    Hospital did not tell Chicago cops it was caring for newborn cut from womb

15. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Unfortunately if the child is brain dead then he is already dead. From what has been reported, the child shows no brain activity suggesting he is brain dead. He is on life support keeping his heart beating, but he isn't alive as brain dead is considered dead. If he has some even very little brain activity then he isn't dead, but still it doesn't sound like there is any hope of any recovery.

16. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

I just read this part. Wth?? That hospital should be charged if this is true.

17. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

How many different people at this hospital dropped the ball? How do you have so many people make such a massive screw up?

18. gitana1

That's beside the point. The hospital should not refrain from making decisions that could affect the welfare of a child they know is not the supposed mother's, OR thatcould affect the rights of his actual family, just because they believe him to be brain dead.

That's insane. They knew she brought a half dead baby to the hospital who was not hers. She was allowed access to him. She could've run off with him or smothered him there in the hospital to prevent a connection from being made.

The hospital should have immediately alerted the police. That very day.

19. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

Good catch! I always had this weird, irrational fear that someone would steal my babies at the hospital. Or mix them up.

There are so many women who have stolen babies, killed pregnant women to steal their baby. It is so scary.

20. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

I am not suggesting hospital shouldn't have alerted authorities. I don't understand why they didn't, it doesn't make any sense. But if the baby is brain dead, then he is already dead. I am actually surprise hospital is keeping him on life support for that long, because in other cases, hospitals turn life support off brain dead patients and don't need relatives permission, and relatives have to go to court if they want life support kept on (such as Jahi McMath case)

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Thora_Jay likes this.