Found Deceased IL - Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui, 19, nine months pregnant, Chicago, 24 Apr 2019 *Arrest*

At least the family won’t have to make the heart breaking decision to take him off life support.
Charges for the baby can’t come soon enough.

Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Friday that he expects both women will now be charged with murder in the baby’s death.

Police: 3 Charged in Murder of Pregnant Teen Marlen Ochoa-Lopez

I have been lurking here, and the news that the little baby didn't make it breaks my heart, even though I knew the chances were slim. Two major losses for this poor family.

Anyone who attacks a pregnant woman, then proceeds to cut the baby out of her, is nothing short of an animal. They're not even human. To take what is an exciting time in someone's life and just completely annihilate it for one's own gain; there aren't even words.

Unfortunately this scenario has played out before and probably will again in the future.

JUNE 14, 2019, 4:00 PM
“Yovanny Jadiel Lopez lived for seven weeks after he was cut from the womb of his mother, who had been lured to a Southwest Side home and strangled.

In all that time, he remained on life support. But the little boy seemed able to breathe on his own at times and, to some, even reacted to his father, Yovani Lopez, according to the family’s attorney, Frank Avila. But late Thursday, Lopez and other relatives were told to rush to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn. Just after 5 a.m. Friday, Yovanny was pronounced dead.

‘Today is not a good day for him,’ Avila said about the father. ‘It’s a day of sorrow, it’s a day of suffering. But he is very happy in a sense that the baby’s suffering has ended and that the baby — his baby, baby Yovanny, is in heaven with his mother, Marlen, and the suffering has ended — there is no more pain.’

[SBM]

The state attorney’s office had not yet announced Friday if additional charges would be sought, although prosecutors commonly upgrade charges when a victim dies as a result of injuries from a crime.

‘The state attorney’s office will make a determination on additional charges in this case after the medical examiner’s office and police department have completed their investigations,’ prosecutors said in a statement.

[SBM]

The family plans to have a private funeral for Yovanny.” (BBM)
Baby cut from womb of teenage mother dies: 'Baby Yovanny is in heaven with his mother, Marlen'

Reading the part I bolded, I couldn’t help but to cry. The family has shown so much class and dignity despite everything they have been put through, and they deserved none of it. The dad, especially, seems wise beyond his years.

Rest in Peace, Marlen and Little Yovanny Jadiel.

CHICAGO — The death of Marlen Ochoa-Lopez's baby was ruled a homicide on Saturday.

The medical coroner for baby Yovanny Jadiel Lopez said his cause of death was lack of oxygen to the brain. He lived in intensive care for 53 days with severe brain damage.

Ochoa-Lopez was nine months pregnant when she was lured to a South Side home in April and murdered. Yovanny was cut from her womb after his mother was killed.

Baby of Marlen Ochoa-Lopez’s death ruled a homicide

CHICAGO (SUN TIMES MEDIA WIRE) - A state investigation has cleared Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn of wrongdoing in the case of baby Yovanny Lopez, who was brought to the hospital April 23 after being brutally cut from his mother Marlen Ochoa-Lopez's womb.

"There is no doubt in our minds that on April 23, 2019 mistakes occurred at this hospital. There were red flags everywhere," Contreras said. "Baby Yovanny Lopez is dead now & we need a law in place to help hospitals like Christ Advocate get things right when the next innocent baby walks into their ER in the arms of criminals like Clarissa Figueroa."

Hospital cleared of wrongdoing in case of baby Yovanny Lopez

CHICAGO (SUN TIMES MEDIA WIRE) - A state investigation has cleared Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn of wrongdoing in the case of baby Yovanny Lopez, who was brought to the hospital April 23 after being brutally cut from his mother Marlen Ochoa-Lopez's womb.

"There is no doubt in our minds that on April 23, 2019 mistakes occurred at this hospital. There were red flags everywhere," Contreras said. "Baby Yovanny Lopez is dead now & we need a law in place to help hospitals like Christ Advocate get things right when the next innocent baby walks into their ER in the arms of criminals like Clarissa Figueroa."

Hospital cleared of wrongdoing in case of baby Yovanny Lopez
I do not understand this. At all.

I think the hospital is suggesting that they maybe could have known that the people who brought the baby in were not the baby's relatives.

Yes. Like the fact that the mother of a newborn baby has not, in fact, given birth? Or did they not give her any sort of medical examination? I suppose they couldn’t force her....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back