GUILTY IL - Matthew Degner, 14, dies amid disease-ridden menagerie, Berwyn, 8 Sept 2011

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by wfgodot, Sep 11, 2011.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Boy, 14, found dead in squalid bungalow housing more than 200 animals riddled with disease
    More, including pictures, at Sunday Mail link above.

2. Loading...

3. oh_gal

oh_gal New Member

Matthew Degner's lifeless body was reportedly dragged outside by family members...

How incredibly sad.

4. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

I hope the "mom" or any other adult living there is charged with felony neglect, or better yet - murder. There's no excuse in having that many sick animals in a home with young adults/children. The smell/feces/disease/malnourishment would no doubt cause the bronchopneumonia. Poor kid probably couldn't breathe in the best of conditions!

But what upsets me more, is at the end of the article it states:Anyone wishing to help with the rescued animals can visit AnimalWelfareLeague.com or call (708) 636-8586

um...what about helping the other children?

This is obviously a animal hoarder situation gone bad, and it's incredibly sad it wasn't caught earlier. My goodness who keeps monkeys and kinkajous (whatever those are).

MOO

Mel

5. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From May 2014:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...20140528_1_lydia-price-berwyn-mom-berwyn-home

From August 2014:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...st-have-mental-evaluation-20140812-story.html