GUILTY IL - Megan Nichols, 15, found deceased, Fairfield, 3 July 2014 *ARREST in 2020*

MURBARGER SENTENCED​

January 28, 2023

The sentencing of Brody Murbarger was held Friday in Wayne County Circuit Court in Fairfield. The 27 year old Murbarger, formerly of Evansville was found guilty of the slaying of his former girlfriend Megan Nichols of Fairfield by a jury following a trail late in 2022. Presiding Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Michael Molt imposed a sentence of 50 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections with no sentencing credit meaning Murbarger will have to serve 100% of his sentence. The defense, after sentencing, indicated that they will appeal within 30 days.

After all this time, Murbarger finally gets sentenced to 50 years and nobody gives a damn?

Remember Megan Nichols. Justice for Megan Nichols.
I've been saying Murbarger was guilty since long before he was charged.

Actually, weren't you one of the people arguing with me about that?

(I still wonder whether he got any help from his dad.)

I've been saying Murbarger was guilty since long before he was charged.

Actually, weren't you one of the people arguing with me about that?

(I still wonder whether he got any help from his dad.)

I did think it was Megan's mother who was to blame at first.

I also wonder about Illinois State Police Inspector Jayson Murbarger's probable involvement... Brodey had his father testify about water leaking into his car's trunk. Jayson claimed to be unaware of any other fluids that may have been in the trunk.

MOTION FILED TO APPEAL MURBARGER SENTENCE​

February 28, 2023

The legal team for Brodey Murbarger has filed an appeal to the sentence that was handed down in Wayne County Court on January 28.

Murbarger was convicted in December of the murder of then 15-year-old Megan Nichols.

Wayne County Judge Michael Molt handed down a sentence of 55 years with no credit for time served and no opportunity for early release.

The appeal will be heard on April 14th in Wayne County Court at 2 PM in Courtroom A.

Murbarger Legal Team Filed 11th Hour Motion To Leave And Amend Motion​

Mon, April 17, 2023

4 individuals, 2 IDOC transport officers, lawyers, and Brodey Murbarger were in Wayne County Court on Friday as there was a scheduled appeal hearing on the sentence handed down to Murbarger in January. Murbarger is currently serving a 50-year sentence in the Illinois Department of Corrections for the murder of 15-year-old Megan Nichols.

Murbarger’s attorney, Christian Baril, filed a motion to leave and amend the motion to reconsider Murbarger’s sentence. In court, Baril mentioned the reason for the appeal was on constitutional grounds.

Wayne County States Attorney Kevin Kakac and Assistant District Attorney Michael Falagario did not object to the motion filed After some time, both sides came up with a new hearing date of June 16th with the new motion to be filed no later than June 9th.

Wayne County Judge Michael Molt granted the motion and set the new date for the hearing to reconsider Murbarger’s sentence for June 16th.

Last edited:
Wow.

“Investigators had suspected all along that Murbarger had strangled Megan in a fit of rage, and when his trial began last year, prosecutors presented the theory to a jury. As Ellis watched jurors deliver a guilty verdict, he was relieved that justice had been served. But he still finds himself dwelling on his onetime friend, evaluating day-to-day situations as Murbarger would have.

"I was around him for so long that he’s kind of a voice in my head,” Ellis said. “But I would like for him to not be anyone in my life now. I’d kind of like for him to not exist."

1697744125256.jpeg
The chilling tale began when Megan, who had a talent for music, first met 17-year-old Brodey at their high school glee club.

She told Dateline: 'I had this rule - we're not going to have a "boyfriend." You can be friends but we're not going to have this boyfriend thing going on until you're 16.

'That was my preference. You don't need a boyfriend. You don't need to put a label on it.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back