GUILTY IL - Melissa Best, 37, Round Lake Park, 15 April 2011

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by KaylynnCouture, Apr 20, 2011.

1. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture New Member

Photo at link: http://newssun.suntimes.com/news/4938144-418/round-lake-park-mom-reported-missing.html

2. Loading...

3. supermom71

supermom71 New Member

I hadn't heard about this as I live very close to this area. I live a couple of miles from those apartments. Unfortunately, there probably won't be much media coverage on this as the far north suburbs never get covered in Chicago news.

4. KaylynnCouture

It's been hard to find media coverage on Melissa. So far I've only been able to find that one article (the one I posted) but I'm going to email a few other media outlets around Chicago and see if they'll pick up her story.

5. chasing.halos

chasing.halos Where is Kyron?

6. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/04/21/round-lake-park-police-search-for-missing-mother/

7. amandab

amandab Well-Known Member

I'm assuming her minivan is missing as well?

8. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

9. KaylynnCouture

Yes, the minivan is missing along with Melissa.

10. KaylynnCouture

11. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered Active Member

So, we have a stay-home mom of two, attending school and not particularly socially active, according to reports so far. Her lifestyle sounds busy but not risky to me.

She must have been getting some kind of monetary support from the ex. Child support of course, but maybe spousal support too, IMO.

Articles say the ex is cooperating so far, but they all usually do at first.

I can't see who else would have a motive. Guess we'll see.

12. Claudette

Claudette Alouette, je te plumerai

This is right by me and its the first I heard of it. sad.

Lots of lakes and forests/state parks in the area.

13. Claudette

Claudette Alouette, je te plumerai

Local paper does not have an article about her. Keep the link though it will probably pop up now that the big city papers are covering.

http://www.nwherald.com/

14. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

I am in Lake County right now visiting family and it is all over the news here. Teased all day before newscasts.

15. KaylynnCouture

Good! I'm glad Melissa is finally getting some media coverage. I emailed like 10 outlets earlier, and so far, 4 have started running her story.

16. KaylynnCouture

Hunt for Melissa Goes Nationwide

Snipped from: http://newssun.suntimes.com/news/4955123-418/hunt-for-missing-mom-goes-nationwide.html

17. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

18. amandab

amandab Well-Known Member

Sounds like a very sheltered life........wonder if she wanted to get away for a bit? Guess I'm just hoping for a positive outcome......

19. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

Did I miss that she had an ex-husband? The three articles that I've seen says she has a current husband but nothing about an ex.

For example:

"She is married with two teenagers and a stay-at-home mother." http://newssun.suntimes.com/news/4955123-418/hunt-for-missing-mom-goes-nationwide.html

"Best’s husband, Clinton, reported her missing." http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/04/...issing-mother/

20. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Not being able to quote posts with a quote drives me batty so copied and pasted.

She is a mom going to school. Has LE investigated, interviewed any of her classmates or instructors? Is she taking classes on campus or online? Does LE have access to her computer? Does she volunteer with her sons education? any involvement with the teens HS - their peers? Any problems at home with the kids?

There are quite a few bodies of water in this area. Very close to the Fox Lake area ( NW corner of linked map). Tons of water in this area. The Fox Lake area is a blue collar(?) boating vacation area where many of the Chi town suburbanites have summer homes or dock boats to have a weekend gettaway. For those not going to Lake Geneva, Lake Michigan or the SE area of MI/IN.

Rt 12/59 is not far west of Round Lake and a well traveled route for any western burbanites to get up North to Wisconsin.

round lake park - Google Maps

21. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

It may have to do with her Facebook page. A lot of people end up reconnecting with old high school friends that way. I found her's and her husband's, but they are set to private. His picture, however, is her missing person poster.