IL - Missing teen found after escaping 2 year captivity, Washington Park

I really wasn't sure where to put this so mods please move, but it's very good news for one family that really needs sharing.

A teenage girl who disappeared more than two years ago escaped this week from a home where she had been held captive, beaten and repeatedly raped.
The seventeen-year-old told police in Washington Park, Illinois that she was raped by her captor, fell pregnant and had a baby during a horrific two-year ordeal.
She was listed as a missing or runaway juvenile on April 6, 2010 in St Louis, Missouri, close to the state line. She was 15 years old when she disappeared.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2192868/Missing-teenage-girl-17-escapes-held-captive-sexually-assaulted-years.html

I just read the story at this link:

The teen told police she was held against her will and was beaten and sexually assaulted almost every day.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/ill-police-teenager-held-1505222.html

She had tried to escape several times, according to the article. She was successful this time because a "relative" assisted her.

Her captors were a 24 year old man and his mother. WTH!

Thank you for posting the report, Amber. It's always nice to hear some good news for a change. Horrible ordeal for the child, and her child.

Someone has started a thread in Crimes-Spotlight on Children, which is probably the best place for the thread since we don't know the victim's name. I'll ask one of the mods in that forum to merge the them.

www.missingkids.com may have taken the name of this girl down before now, because there is only one listed as missing from Illinois in 2010, and she's 18, and wasn't reported missing till September. So, I'd hazard a guess that she isn't the found girl here. IMO

I just read the story at this link:

The teen told police she was held against her will and was beaten and sexually assaulted almost every day.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/ill-police-teenager-held-1505222.html

She had tried to escape several times, according to the article. She was successful this time because a "relative" assisted her.

Her captors were a 24 year old man and his mother. WTH!

Thank you for posting the report, Amber. It's always nice to hear some good news for a change. Horrible ordeal for the child, and her child.

Someone has started a thread in Crimes-Spotlight on Children, which is probably the best place for the thread since we don't know the victim's name. I'll ask one of the mods in that forum to merge the them.

A neighbor, Lakeitha Smith, told several local TV stations that she saw the girl from time to time outside the house and never witnessed anything that would raise concern.
"I used to see her come out of the house, back and forth," Smith said. "I didn't think she was being held hostage in the house."

???

StL Post-Dispatch updated their article: Woman alleges 3-year captivity
---
[Police Chief David] Clark said that when it was time for the woman to give birth, she went to a hospital under an assumed name, and the man and his mother stayed with her the entire time.
---

Very odd.... searched all the data bases, NCMEC and Missouri LE Data base and can not find any girls that were reported missing or even reported a runaway all the way back to 2005 that fits this description...

Better details
Police Chief David Clark said the woman had run away from her St. Louis home and was reported missing in 2009, when she was 16. She said she was held against her will by a man who raped her and fathered her child two years ago, Clark said.

Washington Park police said they confirmed that a missing person/runaway juvenile report had been filed with the St. Louis Police Department.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/il...cle_1e56639e-ede5-11e1-a425-0019bb2963f4.html

I found a girl missing from Berkeley, MO, which is in Saint Louis County. She was reported missing 12/30/08. Since she was reported missing the day before New Years Eve 2008, I can see how someone might think it had been officially recorded as 2009, (holiday and all). She would be 19 now.

Based upon what we know so far, I think this is the one. Since MSM has not released her name, I don't know if it is okay to post the full name. Her initials are SKC.

Here is a link to her info and pics:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Does anyone know what the race of missing/found was?

The pic of the cops shoeing the 2 year old child away is black, pure black; the child did not look biracial. Alas, all we had to go on were the kids legs, but that is what I saw

Thank God she is out of that hell. What is happening in this world? Makes me wonder just how many more of our missing are being held like this? What can we do as a community of people fighting this problem? There has to be more we can do....

I found a girl missing from Berkeley, MO, which is in Saint Louis County. She was reported missing 12/30/08. Since she was reported missing the day before New Years Eve 2008, I can see how someone might think it had been officially recorded as 2009, (holiday and all). She would be 19 now.

Based upon what we know so far, I think this is the one. Since MSM has not released her name, I don't know if it is okay to post the full name. Her initials are SKC.

Here is a link to her info and pics:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

That is the closest possible match I could find as well. And really, the only close match from that area.

Whoever she is, thank goodness she and her baby are safe now!

I hate it that people in the comments sections of these article are questioning this poor girl's story. I am sure that her captor kept a closer watch on her until they were sure that they could control her by not allowing her to leave with the child. Imagine the dellimma of knowing that your baby's life was in danger if you ever tried to escape? Leaving without her little one was probably a desperate last resort.

Thank God the police stormed that place and got the child out alive!

I hate it that people in the comments sections of these article are questioning this poor girl's story. I am sure that her captor kept a closer watch on her until they were sure that they could control her by not allowing her to leave with the child. Imagine the dellimma of knowing that your baby's life was in danger if you ever tried to escape? Leaving without her little one was probably a desperate last resort.

Thank God the police stormed that place and got the child out alive!

And what kind of mother was this - to help or facilitate her son in keeping a teenage girl and a baby captive - I really despair sometimes!:maddening:

And what kind of mother was this - to help or facilitate her son in keeping a teenage girl and a baby captive - I really despair sometimes!:maddening:

A baby in the home could mean benefits such as WIC, food stamps, welfare, etc. She could also be one of those people who thinks it is okay to cover or lie to save your family member's butt no matter who they hurt or what they do.

Seems to happen a lot when fathers and mothers don't raise their sons to take responsibility for their actions and treat women and children with kindness and respect!

I have even seen people who post here at Websleuths admit that they think it is wrong to call police on a family member who commits a crime. No matter what the family member does, they defend them bail them out. What the heck is wrong with people? :banghead:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back