IL-OAK PARK- 01/08/1984 KATHLEEN LOMBARDO

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by jaejae, Sep 11, 2019.

1. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

I could not find a thread about this case so have started this one.

2. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Cubby likes this.
  3. flutieflakes

flutieflakes New Member

Hey Jae Jae,

I'm totally new to websleuths, but I literally made an account to do research on THIS specific cold case. I'm still learning how to use this site. Any tips for a beginner? I'm disappointed that there isn't more conversation about this case, especially from readers of Michelle's book.

jaejae likes this.
  4. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Hello,

Thanks for the post. I was surprised there did not appear to be a thread about this case on here before unless I could not find it so that is why I started this one. As regards to tips I would say do your own research but learn and take the best bits from others. I did not know her as such but the late Michelle McNamara said you should always go past the first page of google hit when researching a case and this is a good idea. Also keep an open might and as the great Columbo might sat follow the evidence. There doe snot appear to be that much information on this case out there but here is a little more:

In the Footsteps of a Killer Los Angeles Magazine:

My own obsession with unsolved murders began on the evening of August 1, 1984, when a neighbor of mine in Oak Park, Illinois, where I grew up, was found murdered. We knew Kathleen Lombardo’s family from our parish church. She was out for a jog when she was dragged into an alley. Neighbors reported seeing a man in a yellow tank top and headband watching Kathleen intently as she jogged. He cut her throat.

How A Walkman Inspired McNamara's Golden State Killer Hunt

5. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Welcome to WS flutieflakes.

I wasn't familiar with this case until I saw it posted here. Just read the HBO link. Shame on Oak Park for not cooperating with the outside help offered regarding interviews and especially the DNA request to do the forensic genealogy.

Illinois is terrible when it comes to working with the public to get cases solved...... Anywhere but Illinois, things get done.

Parents of Murder Victims Tackle DNA Testing Backlog in Ill.

According to the above link DNA being tested at the Illinois lab has a 5 year backlog.

jaejae likes this.