IL - Paramedics Peter Cadigan, 50, and Peggy Finley, 40 charged with murder for strapping 35-year old man to gurney face down, Springfield, Jan 2023

Bishop Black

Former Member
Reaction score

Two paramedics who were called to save a man's life have been charged with first-degree murder after the man suffocated to death when the suspects strapped him onto a gurney face-down.

The Lifestar EMS workers were called to Moore's home just after 2 a.m. after police officers responded to a 911 call. Those officers reported that Moore had possibly been experiencing hallucinations from alcohol withdrawal and that he required medical attention, according to a press release from the Springfield Police Department.

When they arrived, the pair placed the patient on the stretcher lying flat on his stomach and tightened a medical strap across his back and lower body, newly released body camera footage shows.

Moore was then taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead, authorities said.

The pair should have known from their training and experience that positioning a patient in such a way "would create a substantial probability of great bodily harm or death," Wright told Fox News.

peter-cadigan-peggy-finley-sangamon-county-jail-011123-1-26ccfaea8e2244b19ebf33f5db539275.jpg

This is awful, the poor gentleman who lost his life.
Thought the same as @Laughing - maybe he was at risk of choking /aspirating on vomit and that's why they did it but don't the stretchers have a lever where they could sit upper body up and give him a bowl ffs. Geez.
<modsnip>

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if he was fighting them and they had difficulty getting him on the guerney? I have to believe they have a reason as LE didn’t stop them??

IMO, from the first moments the video shows the EMS workers in Mr. Moore’s apartment with law enforcement, PF’s body language indicates a lack of professionalism (she slouches, wipes her nose with her bare hands) and her facial expression, IMO, reads as contemptuous of the man they were called there to assist. Perhaps this man was a “frequent flyer” with the local EMS squad and they were annoyed at being called to help him once again, but that annoyance should not have affected the quality of care they delivered.
The article linked above has quotes from the body cam that bolster my impression of the EMS workers’ attitude:

“Get up or you can stay here.”
"You're going to have to walk cause we ain’t carrying you.. because I am seriously not in the mood for this dumb s****.”

I hope they are punished to the fullest extent the law permits.

IMO, from the first moments the video shows the EMS workers in Mr. Moore’s apartment with law enforcement, PF’s body language indicates a lack of professionalism (she slouches, wipes her nose with her bare hands) and her facial expression, IMO, reads as contemptuous of the man they were called there to assist. Perhaps this man was a “frequent flyer” with the local EMS squad and they were annoyed at being called to help him once again, but that annoyance should not have affected the auakity of care they delivered. I hope they are punished to the fullest extent the law permits.
100% agree with all you said. I'm disgusted at the lack of compassion & respect they showed the victim. Did no one ride in the back with him to the hospital?

Here are the 3 videos released today of Springfield EMTS Peggy Finley and Peter Cadigan ultimately causing the death of 35 year old Earl Moore Jr.

Here are the 3 videos released today of Springfield EMTS Peggy Finley and Peter Cadigan ultimately causing the death of 35 year old Earl Moore Jr.

Wow she walked into that room with pure contempt. Even if he was a frequent flyer no one should be treated like that. Can anyone make out what she says around the 20 min mark on the first video ? After the officer says listen to the music

Illinois paramedics charged with 1st-degree murder to appear in court.
Peter J. Cadigan, 50, and Peggy Jill Finley, 45, are facing first-degree murder charges following the death of a man in their care last month. They are being held in the Sangamon County Jail on $1 million bonds. Both defendants are scheduled for a preliminary hearing before a circuit judge in the Sangamon County Courthouse in Springfield on Thursday at 9 a.m. local time, according to online records.

God this story just enrages me!! My mom died as a result of alcoholism last year. She was diagnosed with cirrhosis and 7 months later was dead. She frequently had to be taken to hospital by ambulance. The thought of these people treating her like that makes me sick. No one deserves that treatment. NO ONE!!! Honestly the lack of care and empathy by medical professionals towards those experience substance use disorder is really unacceptable. My mom had been sober for 1.5-2 years by the time she passed and even then most medical people we encountered wrote her off as useless addict trash.

God this story just enrages me!! My mom died as a result of alcoholism last year. She was diagnosed with cirrhosis and 7 months later was dead. She frequently had to be taken to hospital by ambulance. The thought of these people treating her like that makes me sick. No one deserves that treatment. NO ONE!!! Honestly the lack of care and empathy by medical professionals towards those experience substance use disorder is really unacceptable. My mom had been sober for 1.5-2 years by the time she passed and even then most medical people we encountered wrote her off as useless addict trash.

So sorry for your loss ❤️

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back