IL IL - Park Forest, WhtMale 1500UMIL, 50-60, Zippo Lighter w/Polish Flag, Oct'08

I'm no dental expert, however, there is a huge difference between a dentist who is trained in Eastern Europe then practices dentistry in the US and a dentist who practices in Eastern Europe.

we have seen this on other threads. there are certain styles, materials, etc., that can place the dental work. suffice it to say, there was something about this man's dental work that was NOT done here in the US. it is in no way to insult the deceased or the dentist. just an identifier.

Wow, this is really close to my location. I wonder if they ever identified this man.

I wonder if it could be this guy, who was just entered into NamUs in January:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13539/29/

Status Missing
First name ted
Middle name
Last name palka
Nickname/Alias
Date LKA June 01, 2006 00:00
Date entered 01/08/2012
Age LKA 42 to 43 years old
Age now 49 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height (inches) 70.0
Weight (pounds) 170.0
Hair color Gray or Partially Gray

1500UMIL.jpg

The facial resemblance looks pretty good imo. There is a height and an age difference but Ted Palka might have aged faster if he lived a rough life. Has he spent time in Eastern Europe?

Ted Palka's fingerprints are available and entered and the UID has prints for a couple of fingers. Would that be enough for a database match?

:bump:

I noticed that they added a new pic that shows us how the man may have looked like at a younger age:

There's also a quite extensive ruleout list now (233 exclusions). Ted Palka is not on it but I don't think it's him, his chin looks different and his nose doesn't have a tilt like the UID's.

Maybe this is a silly question/observation but...

I'm a bit interested in these shoes. It lists them as a size 13... Were his remains consistent with this? I'm curious because his approx. height is listed as 5ft 5" .. in my lifetime, I've not seen many men of that stature with that large of a shoe size. Call me an oddball if you like, but I thought that I would throw that out there.

That's understandable...but some people just have larger feet. My mother & myself are two of those types (sadly.)

From the recon he looks typically Polish. I'm sure someone knows him, EE communities are pretty tight knit & proud.

palka_ted.jpg
1500UMIL.jpg

The facial resemblance looks pretty good imo. There is a height and an age difference but Ted Palka might have aged faster if he lived a rough life. Has he spent time in Eastern Europe?

Ted Palka's fingerprints are available and entered and the UID has prints for a couple of fingers. Would that be enough for a database match?

Agreed, there is very strong resemblance. Top skull shape, jaw line, anomaly - broken nose in both albeit it looks slightly different on Ted. Ted seems to be robustly build, the way they describe JDoe too. He was often homeless and led rough life.

Palka is Polish surname and Ted would be short for Tadeusz. He is not on the rule out list of 233 people. Great find, I really think he is worth to submit.

Ted Palka's profiles
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/palka_ted.html
http://www.nampn.org/cases/palka_ted.html

The Chicago area has a lot of Polish/Lithuanian/Austrian/general Eastern European immigrants and descendants of immigrants. I do some genealogy work for the area even though I haven't ever been there.

Please submit Ted Palka though, he seems like a great match.

Bumping for this guy.
Could he be Kazimierz Zalewski, missing from Chicago since May 2008? Kazimierz was 53 years old when he went missing, he has grey eyes and a lips-shaped tattoo on his chest, I assume it wouldn't be present on skeletal remains, though. His missing person page says he's 166cm tall. No further information is available on the ITAKA Foundation website, but I could contact them and see if they have any additional information. Here in Poland we don't have a national missing people website like NamUs, but I could call the police and see if anybody matching this UID was ever reporting missing (assuming this UID was first generation Polish and that he was reported missing).
http://www.zaginieni.pl/jak-pomagamy/poszukiwanie-zaginionych/zagineli/profil-osoby/?o=7261

I wonder if it could be this guy, who was just entered into NamUs in January:

Status Missing
First name ted
Middle name
Last name palka
Nickname/Alias
Date LKA June 01, 2006 00:00
Date entered 01/08/2012
Age LKA 42 to 43 years old
Age now 49 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height (inches) 70.0
Weight (pounds) 170.0
Hair color Gray or Partially Gray

I know this is an old post, but was this ever submitted? Ted Palka is not on the very lengthy rule out list for this UID.

I wonder what's going on with TP's dna, it still reads sample available not yet submitted.

I think it wouldn't hurt to submit Ted Palka. He looks like a good possibility.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) UP5263

BE84E663-683D-4A0E-9270-102007A2C63B.jpeg5C90F7AD-4DFA-45DA-BE1B-2F00EF7584EC.jpegA8BEA8CC-73B1-4B58-9EAF-CE20A14ABF7C.jpegCD156EBF-100C-452F-B317-D9D4178F1358.jpeg258C4AD1-BB7B-4902-BFA6-4E8C8D732275.jpeg

Date Body Found: October 9, 2008
Location Found: Park Forest, Will County, Illinois
Sex: Male
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 70
Estimated Age Range (Years): 50-60
Estimated Year of Death: 2007
Estimated PMI: 12 Months
Height: 6' 3" - 6’5” (75 - 77 inches)
Weight: 150 lbs
Hair Color: Brown; Sandy Brown and gray 1" to 2" long. Frontal and top balding
Eye Color: Unknown

Circumstances of Recovery: In October 2008, a man was found hanging from a tree in the Thorn Creek Nature Preserve in Park Forest, Illinois. The unknown man was found in a wooded area several hundred yards from the roadway at 23450 Western Avenue.

Clothing and belongings were found with the man but there was no identifying information. Without an immediate identity, the unknown man became known as the “Hanging Man”. The man was wearing khaki pants, a short sleeve button down striped shirt, and a pair of size 13 State Street brand brown loafers, which contained significant tread wear. Near the unknown man’s body was a green day pack, a plastic bag marked “Joe and Frank’s Famous Homemade Sausage”, a Zippo lighter marked with the word “Poland” and a Polish flag. Investigators believe that the man had died approximately three months prior to his body being found.

Investigators estimated that the man was between 50 and 60 years old and was very tall, standing between approximately 6’3” and 6'5" in height. His hair was a mix of Sandy Brown and gray, and between one and two inches in length. The man also appeared to have frontal and top balding on his scalp. There was evidence of extensive dental care and multiple healed fractures on bones throughout his body. Additionally, investigators noted that nicotine had been found in his system.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back