IL IL - Paul Fronczak, newborn, Chicago, 1964 + UID Male, 1, NJ, 1965

Well, obviously since this man is not their biological child, then their biological child is still missing. So I presume that is all the evidence needed to reopen the case.
There is a good change their biological child is alive, since he was kidnapped as a baby by a female. So, in those type of cases, likely the woman wanted a child to raise.
So the biological child could very well be alive and is out there somewhere.

Agree, but how are you going to track down this kidnapper at this late date...from what I read the mother is probably the only one that saw her. She obviously was not a real nurse from the hospital, which is gone now. You can get the parents' DNA but what databases can you compare it to? LE, prisons, military?

I wonder if there is any good evidence to even re-open that case? Would the Fronczaks have to appeal to the FBI to open their file on the case?

And would they even do it? Is there a statue of limitations on kidnapping? If there is I am sure they are past that now. So with no chance of a prosecution, would they consider their job done?

At the very least they need to get their son's picture and info into the missing kids database and get their DNA into the missing persons family database. As well as running his DNA in the databases.

And yeah, running it through LE, military and criminal databases is a start.

This poor man! What a startling thing to learn now.

Agree, but how are you going to track down this kidnapper at this late date...from what I read the mother is probably the only one that saw her. She obviously was not a real nurse from the hospital, which is gone now. You can get the parents' DNA but what databases can you compare it to? LE, prisons, military?

It's a start. And there are other options, companies who do this kind of search for you, I read on the fb page. I think they are already pursuing these possibilities.

Wow. I read the thread before reading the link and got confused. The parents have two sons. It will be wonderful if they can all find each other and get questions answered. The biological son may be out there looking as well.

Has there been any mention of where the variety store in Newark is/was where the abandoned toddler was found? Newark has a diverse history and location would tell us something.

newark, nj is about 2 hours away from vineland, nj where william jones was from. definitely a possibility. the problem is though william jones was 3 when he went missing in 1962 in 1965 he would have been 6. paul was a newborn in '64 when he went missing. so in 65 he would have only been a year old. i don't think anyone could mistaken a 6 year old for a 1 year old. so i doubt he's william jones.

Actually, reading a few of the articles, two different taxi cab drivers gave the kidnapper and baby rides that day, unknowingly aiding in her escape. The drivers gave descriptions and helped with sketches. Apparently one of the drivers may still be alive.

Reactions: BRS
Hopefully this media attention will prompt some man, who has always had some questions about his family, identity, adoption, etc.... to come forward and he will be the biological Paul Fronczak.

Also hopefully someone remembers their niece, cousin, friend who had a one year old in 1965 and then suddenly didn't have them anymore to come forward and identify the Newark, NJ boy who was abandoned and is now known as Paul Fronczak.

WOW! What a story! With regards to the URL:

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/22080031/i-team-henderson-mans-true-identify-remains-mystery.

I got a look at "Paul's" baby picture, and did think of the Billy Jones case. Billy was kidnapped from his yard in December of 1962, while his Mother who was preparing lunch went into a bedroom to check on her other son. The little toddler's sister said the man gave her a plastic flower and had taken Billy. It would be interesting to see where in New Jersey back in 1965 "Paul" was found in relation to where the Jones' lived in 1962. I think the family still lived in the same house in 1965. Also not too good at picture ID's, but I think "Paul" looks more like Billy Jones than Jamie Bordenkircher.

Satch

After looking at the birthdates for all these children (Billy Jones, James Bordenkircher, Paul Fronczak & Newark boy who was given the name Scott McKinley), I think Billy would be quite a few years too old to be the boy found in Newark NJ and given to the Fronczaks. Approx. DOB for Newark boy is 6/1964, Billy was born in 1959, went missing in 1962.

William "Billy" Jones DOB 5/5/1959
James Bordenkircher DOB 4/19/1963
Baby Paul Fronczak DOB 4/1964
"Scott McKinley" found in Newark NJ DOB approx. 6/1964

After looking at the birthdates for all these children (Billy Jones, James Bordenkircher, Paul Fronczak & Newark boy who was given the name Scott McKinley), I think Billy would be quite a few years too old to be the boy found in Newark NJ and given to the Fronczaks. Approx. DOB for Newark boy is 6/1964, Billy was born in 1959, went missing in 1962.

William "Billy" Jones DOB 5/5/1959
James Bordenkircher DOB 4/19/1963
Baby Paul Fronczak DOB 4/1964
"Scott McKinley" found in Newark NJ DOB approx. 6/1964

Thing is there is a huge age disparity (IMO) for any/all of these.
"Baby Paul" would have been 15 months old (less than a year and a half) when found in July of 1965.
"Scott McKinley" found in July of 1965 even a younger age estimate of 13 months (just a little over a year).
James Bordenkircher would have been 27 months (a little over 2).
Babys hit developmental milestones, the difference between 13 and 15 months not so drastic but more than a year difference between 13 and 27 months, developmentally should be very different.
MO

:>)

This is an interesting Facebook Page about "Paul." Read the first entry that comes up on the left hand column that compares Paul to Jamie Bordenkircher, and the possibility of why the "Too Old" theory might not apply in this case:

https://www.facebook.com/WhoIsPaulFronczak?directed_target_id=0&filter=2

Just more food for thought!

Satch

PS. Wow! Scroll down on the right side. There are comparisons of "Paul" and Jamie.

This is an interesting Facebook Page about "Paul." Read the first entry that comes up on the left hand column that compares Paul to Jamie Bordenkircher, and the possibility of why the "Too Old" theory might not apply in this case:

https://www.facebook.com/WhoIsPaulFronczak?directed_target_id=0&filter=2

Just more food for thought!

Satch

PS. Wow! Scroll down on the right side. There are comparisons of "Paul" and Jamie.

I just looked at the pages side by side (can't do facebook at work) and WOW what a strong resemblance
IMO

:>)
Lisa

Edited to add: Looks as though it has pretty much been nixed....once again by ages looking at the "Jamie" pages here.

What a wild story. Hopefully Paul figures out who he really is. You all have some good leads!

I have wondered if he IS actually the kidnapped baby but there was a switch at the hospital so that even without the kidnapping they would have brought home the wrong kid.

Wow, this case is unbelievable. His poor "parents". Devastating to find this out now. :(

130808192216-dnt-fbi-case-fronczak-reopened-00011813-story-top.jpg

(CNN) -- A 49-year-old Nevada man grew up believing he was kidnapped from the hospital as a day-old baby and was returned at age 2 to his parents in Chicago, months after being found abandoned in a stroller in New Jersey.

The FBI closed the case: The toddler looked like the missing newborn.

The audacious kidnapping -- by a woman dressing as nurse who told the mother to hand over her infant because the doctor needed to examine him -- was a sensational crime nearly a half-century ago.

But now the life of Paul Joseph Fronczak has taken another extraordinary turn, he told CNN affiliate KLAS.

After taking a home DNA test, Fronczak said, he discovered he wasn't the missing baby.
The FBI has reopened the case to tackle the questions of what happened to the real kidnapped baby and who Fronczak is, exactly, he told KLAS.

"I don't know how old I am, or who I am, or what nationality, all those things you just take for granted," he said. "The FBI decided that because my ears matched the Fronczak baby that I was probably the Fronczak baby."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/08/us/illinois-baby-kidnapping-mystery/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Another article here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-parents.html

I read the above linked article last night and today have found that ABC, NBC, as well as the New York newspapers, and other networks are running this story. Diane Sawyer did a brief interview with Paul Fronczak on the ABC World News tonight, and played excerpts from an earlier interview he did with Barbara Walters. So the networks are all getting his story out.

In my opinion, finding the real Paul J. Fronczak, the day-old infant that was kidnapped from the Chicago Hospital in April 1964 may be the most difficult goal. Obviously, the woman who presented herself as a nurse and took the infant, was successful in kidnapping the baby. No doubt she was miles away by the time it was realized that the baby was gone, and out of Chicago within hours. Having gotten away with kidnapping a baby, I doubt she ever told anyone. So the real Paul Fronczak may still be alive and completely unaware of his true identity.

The man who was raised as Paul Fronczak, but not the biological son of Dora and Chester Fronczak, found abandoned in a stroller outside a variety store in Newark, N.J. in 1965, has a better chance of finding out his identity. Someone had a son who was between 12 - 18 months old, and then suddenly no longer had that child.

Perhaps it was a deliberate abandonment with someone from outside Newark opting to abandon their child in a busy area where they weren't known. But with the publicity this case is getting from national news media, it might ring a bell with someone.

I hope this case is finally solved.

My first reaction to this was -- feeling glad that this man, as an abandoned child, found some loving parents to raise and care for him. So many end up in much sadder situations..

The poor parents, back to wondering where their biological baby went. But at least it was a happy story overall for the son they gained.

Makes me grateful for what I have.

*runs off to give my own 'baby' a big hug*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie