Found Deceased IL - Robert Bee, 13, Pekin, 17 Nov 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Nov 21, 2016.

1. KJ's Mamu

KJ's Mamu Well-Known Member

Logged in this morning to find this news. I'm feeling a little heartsick. Waiting with everyone else....

2. cee_

cee_ New Member

3. Blsdjs

Blsdjs Member

Waiting for news....my heart hurts for this poor boy[emoji174]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

4. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

I was wondering why the bones were discovered now, and not during some other time mowing the lawn, but I found this:
    It sounds like they were originally in the woods nearby and were recently scattered by animals.
    http://www.argus-press.com/news/state_news/article_0e0d3ef5-6c59-5b52-8ceb-45d4004c2634.html

5. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

6. Alleykins

Awesome map, btw.
    I've read a few articles about the discovery of the remains, but there's so little information out there.
    Have they revealed that it's a juvenile, or male, or how long the believe the remains might have been there, and I've missed it?

7. Gardener1850

Nope they haven't revealed that. But LE said they were requesting Bonsai's dental records. I think they think it's him :(

ETA quote:
    http://www.pekintimes.com/news/2017...und-on-property-along-route-29-south-of-pekin

8. cee_

cee_ New Member

The article I posted on the top of this page says they aren't sure if the bones are male or female, child or adult. Well, at least not saying. I was under the impression that adult and child bones could be pretty easy to tell apart, but I'm not an expert by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. cee_

cee_ New Member

I just thought too that unless there's trauma to the bones, it could be really difficult to determine cause of death... or if foul play was involved. So many questions to be answered...

10. Alleykins

Being near winter in IL, he could have died of exposure and not foul play, but you're right, unless they can find signs of trauma on the remains, they may not be able to charge anyone.

11. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

I don't recall LE saying they were requesting Bonsai's dental records. Only dental records. But....to request dental records they have to have a pretty good idea who the bones belong to.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

12. ts51

ts51 New Member

I wondered the same thing! Hoping we find out today. Always hoping Robert is someplace safe and warm, but if not, it will bring closure for his family. It's always possible Robert had a seizure and being alone, was exposed to the elements that night.I've just always felt there was foul play involved. moo So heartbreaking!! Praying for answers!!!

13. cee_

cee_ New Member

I agree that it's totally possibly he seized and died of elemental exposure, BUT I can't imagine that a kid running away of his own volition wouldn't take his medicine. Surely he wasn't planning on dying that night.

Maybe he ran out of medicine after a few days. but I do think he may have gotten farther than city limits if that was the case.

Still hoping he's safe, too, though it's starting to feel fruitless. Sigh.

14. J4cknsal1y

J4cknsal1y Active Member

Yes. I meant I could see them saying the sweatshirt was unrelated to Robert if it was obviously too small for him, say it was a size 2t, for example, I could reasonably believe that it was unrelated to Robert.

15. Gardener1850

[h=3]Sweatshirt found doesn't match last known Robert Bee outfit[/h]
    http://www.week.com/story/35955914/sweatshirt-found-doesnt-match-last-known-robert-bee-outfit

Note that the sweatshirt was found in a completely different location from these recent remains. The two are not connected, in case anyone was confused. I wonder if maybe the police were quick to dismiss the sweatshirt found along the river because they found these remains behind a house? Just speculation. :moo:

16. Gardener1850

17. Shelby1

Shelby1 Cancer Sucks

I'd be surprised if his mother even remembered what he was last wearing......

18. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

*sigh*
    Would be a good thing to have closure ( if young Robert is gone ) for those who truly loved this boy.
    I've always thought there was foul play ... just the timing of certain events and actions of some people. :(
    :moo:

19. jellybean96

jellybean96 Well-Known Member

So if it is Robert - what are the chances that his body would be found in a remote area where his mom/moms boyfriend did the mowing? Like what are the chances that he died of natural causes there? Slim to none, in my mind.

20. Gardener1850

http://www.washingtontimesreporter....records-could-identify-skeletal-remains-today