Found Deceased IL - Robert Bee, 13, Pekin, 17 Nov 2016

Logged in this morning to find this news. I'm feeling a little heartsick. Waiting with everyone else....

Waiting for news....my heart hurts for this poor boy[emoji174]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Autopsy today. If the teeth were intact, it should be a quick process to compare to Bonsai's teeth. JMO.

Awesome map, btw.
I've read a few articles about the discovery of the remains, but there's so little information out there.
Have they revealed that it's a juvenile, or male, or how long the believe the remains might have been there, and I've missed it?

Awesome map, btw.
I've read a few articles about the discovery of the remains, but there's so little information out there.
Have they revealed that it's a juvenile, or male, or how long the believe the remains might have been there, and I've missed it?

Nope they haven't revealed that. But LE said they were requesting Bonsai's dental records. I think they think it's him :(

ETA quote:
It’s unclear if the remains are those of a Pekin boy missing since last November, but dental records have been requested, according Jeff Lower, chief deputy of the Tazewell County Sheriff’s Office.
http://www.pekintimes.com/news/2017...und-on-property-along-route-29-south-of-pekin

Awesome map, btw.

The article I posted on the top of this page says they aren't sure if the bones are male or female, child or adult. Well, at least not saying. I was under the impression that adult and child bones could be pretty easy to tell apart, but I'm not an expert by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just thought too that unless there's trauma to the bones, it could be really difficult to determine cause of death... or if foul play was involved. So many questions to be answered...

I just thought too that unless there's trauma to the bones, it could be really difficult to determine cause of death... or if foul play was involved. So many questions to be answered...

Being near winter in IL, he could have died of exposure and not foul play, but you're right, unless they can find signs of trauma on the remains, they may not be able to charge anyone.

I don't recall LE saying they were requesting Bonsai's dental records. Only dental records. But....to request dental records they have to have a pretty good idea who the bones belong to.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I wondered the same thing! Hoping we find out today. Always hoping Robert is someplace safe and warm, but if not, it will bring closure for his family. It's always possible Robert had a seizure and being alone, was exposed to the elements that night.I've just always felt there was foul play involved. moo So heartbreaking!! Praying for answers!!!
I wonder if that sweet boy ever had dental care.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I wondered the same thing! Hoping we find out today. Always hoping Robert is someplace safe and warm, but if not, it will bring closure for his family. It's always possible Robert had a seizure and being alone, was exposed to the elements that night.I've just always felt there was foul play involved. moo So heartbreaking!! Praying for answers!!!

I agree that it's totally possibly he seized and died of elemental exposure, BUT I can't imagine that a kid running away of his own volition wouldn't take his medicine. Surely he wasn't planning on dying that night.

Maybe he ran out of medicine after a few days. but I do think he may have gotten farther than city limits if that was the case.

Still hoping he's safe, too, though it's starting to feel fruitless. Sigh.

Well Robert is 4'7, 100 lbs. he's already kind of on the short side.

Yes. I meant I could see them saying the sweatshirt was unrelated to Robert if it was obviously too small for him, say it was a size 2t, for example, I could reasonably believe that it was unrelated to Robert.

[h=3]Sweatshirt found doesn't match last known Robert Bee outfit[/h]
PEKIN, Ill. (WEEK) -- - The Pekin Police Department said the sweatshirt found along the Illinois River Sunday doesn't match the last known clothing of Robert Bee.

A police spokeswoman said the shirt found under the western end of the Shade-Lohmann Bridge was a red and black sweatshirt. The 13-year-old runaway was last seen wearing a red T-shirt back in November 2016.
http://www.week.com/story/35955914/sweatshirt-found-doesnt-match-last-known-robert-bee-outfit

Note that the sweatshirt was found in a completely different location from these recent remains. The two are not connected, in case anyone was confused. I wonder if maybe the police were quick to dismiss the sweatshirt found along the river because they found these remains behind a house? Just speculation. :moo:

I'd be surprised if his mother even remembered what he was last wearing......

*sigh*
Would be a good thing to have closure ( if young Robert is gone ) for those who truly loved this boy.
I've always thought there was foul play ... just the timing of certain events and actions of some people. :(
:moo:

So if it is Robert - what are the chances that his body would be found in a remote area where his mom/moms boyfriend did the mowing? Like what are the chances that he died of natural causes there? Slim to none, in my mind.

Tazewell County police officials will decide whether a news conference is warranted today about skeletal remains found Monday in a wooded area south of Pekin.

They were awaiting the results of an autopsy that began at 8 a.m. and which included a forensic dentist’s comparison of dental records of recently missing area people and the discovered remains, including a skull.

The autopsy, also involving a forensic pathologist, also should determine the general age of the person, a key along the path to learning whether the remains are that of 13-year-old Robert Bee Jr. of Pekin, said Tazewell County Sheriff’s Chief Deputy Jeff Lower.
A statement identifying the remains “depends on how confident (the dentist and pathologist) are in their findings,” Lower said.

His department will hold a news conference or issue a written news release later today, he said.

If the autopsy fails to identify the remains, “We’ll go to DNA” comparisons, Lower said. That would require at least several weeks, he said.
http://www.washingtontimesreporter....records-could-identify-skeletal-remains-today

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back