GUILTY IL - Ryon Smith, 6, beaten to death, Cahokia, 24 Dec 2005

I do think abuse is generational but with that said I also believe there are people who can end the cycle in their families. They just have to step up to the plate. They have to be really tough and declare a hard line and say no more...no more emotional abuse, no more physical abuse and especially no more sexual abuse. Then walk if you are an adult or seek help from school counselors if you are a child, or frankly, go to a police station or fire station. Not everyone will turn their backs, most will help and you have an opportunity to break this.

nanandjim said:
SCUM!! I HOPE THAT THEY BURN IN HELL.
My sentiments exactly.
I bet the younger child was his and that is why the older boy was beaten.
I wish everytime an adult hit a child they felt the pain themselves.
This is just horrendous. It makes me sick to my stomache.
I felt bad every time I ever punished my kids, even if it was just not letting them have tv. This guy is scum.
And I want to know how the little boys neighbors and teachers did not know anything was going on!

Becba said:
My sentiments exactly.
I bet the younger child was his and that is why the older boy was beaten.
I wish everytime an adult hit a child they felt the pain themselves.
This is just horrendous. It makes me sick to my stomache.
I felt bad every time I ever punished my kids, even if it was just not letting them have tv. This guy is scum.
And I want to know how the little boys neighbors and teachers did not know anything was going on!
i wonder if the younger one was his? probably......man that mother should be horse whipped!!!

texasgirl said:
This just completely breaks my heart. I can't even begin to understand what this poor child went through...and to not even know Christmas. God Bless his soul.

This story just truly affected me...poor angel. :(
I feel your post. It truly affected me too. I read in one story that there was no Christmas tree, no presents.... nothing. This poor boy had nothing for Chistmas but pure hell and probably fear. His present was no food, no love, no tree, nothing but getting the beat out of him until his last breath.

It's unfortunate that at 6 years old, he is in a better place now than he's ever been.
And knowing this while only imagining what the poor boy has been through these past six months living with this evil, poor excuse for a man just makes me weep for him while wanting to get my hands around that creep's throat.

What a poor excuse for a man, to pick on a 6 year old child!
He can't even be a real man and fight someone his own size. No, he can't hold down a job, can't be a man, can't earn a living, can't even compare to the 6 year old who was a better person than he was. So he had to take all his self-pity out on a defenseless little boy who couldn't fight back.

Well, in prison, the big boys will find this little wimp and teach him a lesson.
I'm mad now, can't help it. This really pi**es me off.

Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a tangent... grrrr.

Totally understandable, PrayerForMaura. That child deserved so much more in his life than hunger, pain and misery and a sorry excuse for a mother who wouldn't protect him.

I keep thinking about him too. And how most kids can't WAIT to get home from school, can't WAIT for Christmas, they mope if they don't get a "snow day" when it's cold, they race to open their Christmas stockings for the special meaningful little trinkets. Kids who are raised with love and care.

I keep thinking about this boy lying on his bedroom floor beaten to death. The silver lining is, maybe there are some people in their community who will look a little closer at kids who might be being abused at home, and there will be some kids who will benefit from that extra watchfulness.

Prayers for that child. What a horrible, horrible way to die.

There is more to this story. It has to do with core feelings. And if you are vulnerable to abuse.These children were subjected to the worst abuse, they were objectifyed and died because of this. We all know abusive people.We just need to step up to the plate. Don't be shy now.

May the Lord bless him
May the Lord shine his eyes upon him
and may Lord keep this poor child enfolded in his Love.
From all of us at Websleuths who care
Dr Dona

dr dona said:
May the Lord bless him
Dr Dona
:clap: :clap: :clap:

dr dona said:
May the Lord bless him
Dr Dona
I hope there is a better place.
I know you are right when you include us from websleuths.
Let this child know no more pain and basque in love which should have been given when he was with us.
That poor little boy. We at websleuths could cry all day for the number that is harmed. It is too much to take.
PEOPLE LOVE YOUR CHILDREN!
Like anyone needs to tell yoiu.

A Cahokia woman who was charged Tuesday with beating her 6-year-old son to death over Christmas had herself fled from an abusive relationship with a former boyfriend, according to a former neighbor.

The woman, Starr Lohman, 24, and her current boyfriend, Lee D. Crutchfield, 33, were charged with three counts each of first-degree murder on Tuesday. The multiple counts of murder were issued to cover differing theories on how a crime occurred.

Authorities said that the couple had severely beaten Lohman's son, Ryan Smith, over a period of months, culminating in a final, fatal beating that began Saturday night.

After the arraignment, Crutchfield insisted to reporters that he was innocent.

"I didn't do it, please believe me," he said. "I never meant to harm him. This is outrageous, three counts of first-degree murder."
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...F021DD47D71472A1862570E5001BF39C?OpenDocument

mysteriew said:
A Cahokia woman who was charged Tuesday with beating her 6-year-old son to death over Christmas had herself fled from an abusive relationship with a former boyfriend, according to a former neighbor.

The woman, Starr Lohman, 24, and her current boyfriend, Lee D. Crutchfield, 33, were charged with three counts each of first-degree murder on Tuesday. The multiple counts of murder were issued to cover differing theories on how a crime occurred.

Authorities said that the couple had severely beaten Lohman's son, Ryan Smith, over a period of months, culminating in a final, fatal beating that began Saturday night.

After the arraignment, Crutchfield insisted to reporters that he was innocent.

"I didn't do it, please believe me," he said. "I never meant to harm him. This is outrageous, three counts of first-degree murder."
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/metroeast/story/F021DD47D71472A1862570E5001BF39C?OpenDocument
"I didn't do it... I never meant to harm him."
Which is it?

He's trying to cover his *advertiser censored* now.
He cares about no one but himself.
Sounds as if he was dressed ok for court, yet the poor boy was extremely malnourished, not even enrolled in school and had no Christmas presents?
THAT is what's outrageous, Mr. Crutchfield! :furious:

KatherineQ said:
I keep thinking about him too. And how most kids can't WAIT to get home from school, can't WAIT for Christmas, they mope if they don't get a "snow day" when it's cold, they race to open their Christmas stockings for the special meaningful little trinkets. Kids who are raised with love and care.

I keep thinking about this boy lying on his bedroom floor beaten to death. The silver lining is, maybe there are some people in their community who will look a little closer at kids who might be being abused at home, and there will be some kids who will benefit from that extra watchfulness.

Prayers for that child. What a horrible, horrible way to die.
I think we should all take a look around even our own families, and those we come in contact with on a daily basis. Teachers and child care givers please take notice of children that DO NOT want to go home! There is a reason!

I SOOO agree with, "It takes a village to raise a child". We, citizens, need to be more observant and speak up, even if it means our embarrassment. We need to err on the side of the child. This is so heartwrenching.

Well, after being here for some time, this story has brought me to tears. Usually I can hold back. I don't know if it's cause I have a son of the same age, or because of the reports that there was no sign of even a Christmas for this little one and his short life in such horrid conditions. The poor baby.... I actually felt "rage" against these two adults. I can't even begin to say his "mother" because she was not a mother to him. That poor little boy....

Kan499 said:
Well, after being here for some time, this story has brought me to tears. Usually I can hold back. I don't know if it's cause I have a son of the same age, or because of the reports that there was no sign of even a Christmas for this little one and his short life in such horrid conditions. The poor baby.... I actually felt "rage" against these two adults. I can't even begin to say his "mother" because she was not a mother to him. That poor little boy....
your post and your empathy and feelings that you've shared also moved me to tears. The fact that we are all here and care and have real feelings and his own mother apparently didn't ... that in itself is sad :(

Kan499 said:

Welcome to WS Kan. It is true there are some sad ones here today. While they are always hard, I think the fact that it is so close to Christmas, it hits especially hard.

mysteriew said:
Welcome to WS Kan. It is true there are some sad ones here today. While they are always hard, I think the fact that it is so close to Christmas, it hits especially hard.

Thanks to you and Prayers for your nice response. You are right...it must be that it is so close to Christmas that makes it even more unbearable. How many times can we ask what the heck is wrong with people?!

Kan499 said:

Because I read every thread here, I've had to learn to actually picture a brick wall in my mind in order to "shut" my brain off to these murders that involve children or I'd be a big pile of mush for much of the day. In some cases, like this one, I actually have to start trying to count bricks for that wall in my head. I can't comprehend what sort of soul-less monster could do this to a sweet faced little boy. It numbs the mind to try.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back