IL - Sex Suit Against Wm Kennedy Smith - case dismissed

http://www.belleville.com/mld/belleville/news/9537302.htm

William Kennedy Smith said Monday he resigned from the group he founded to help victims of land mines in order to devote his attention to fighting sexual assault allegations made by a former employee.
"The damage has been done but the truth will be sorted out," Smith said in his first public appearance since Audra Soulias filed a civil lawsuit last week alleging he sexually assaulted her five years ago.
Smith denied he assaulted Soulias. He said friends worried that by resigning from the Center for International Rehabilitation, he would appear guilty.
"I am simply doing everything I can to protect the organization I love," said Smith, a 43-year-old medical doctor who was cleared of rape charges in Florida in 1991.
~~

who knows but I really think this guy is such a sleazeball I automatically believe the worst.

I agree with everything said above about the Kennedys. What a messed up group.

I'm a big time Democrat but I get sick of hearing people justify the sleaze from the Kennedys and Clinton. I believe its important that politicians demonstrate honesty and integrity and yes, I think what goes on in your personal life shows your ethics and if you sign on to be a LEADER your personal life is fair game. Not that I think people should be sifting through everything you've ever done but the major things should come to light.

In fact we would probably do alot better if we ignored the professional politicians and looked for those in our communities that have demonstrated leadership and morals in their everyday lives.

I think this case is a tough one and I don't give it much of a chance of succeeding.

I followed Smith's Florida trial and think that he was indeed guilty although the jury disagreed. At the time there was much buzz about the other many women who had been on the receiving end of Smith's unwanted attentions. He had done it many times before his trial. I have always expected to hear that he had forced himself on other women. Leopard and his spots.

A judge tossed out a lawsuit brought by a woman against Dr. Smith, nephew of President Kennedy, in which she said he had raped her once. After this alleged occurrence, she continued working for him as his personal assistant for 6 months, having consensual sex with him during that time. She wanted a $3 million payoff. Not getting this, she brought a lawsuit.

When this lawsuit was first made public, Dr. Smith was so upset he was visibly shaking as he denied having raped this woman.

Thirteen years ago Dr. Smith was accused of raping a woman he had had sex with after a night of drinking. He won that case.

Kathy C

I remember watching the trail from jury selection to the verdict (on Court TV) and I have to say I would not have convicted him either.

I don't know why, but I just had a feeling this gal was trying to extort money from him. He rapes her, then she continues to work for him for six months? Right.

I knew this particular case would be tossed.

I, too, watched his rape trial and I, unlike the jury, would have voted to convict. I believed her. A whole bunch of other women that he has done this to came forward but their testimony wasn't admitted.

I agree Lisa- I think he was guilty the first time, but this most recent thing was a scam. There were a lot of ugly stories that came out about him the first time around.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorba347
Back