Found Deceased IL - Sureel Dabawala, 34, Schaumburg, 30 Dec 2019 *endangered*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Schaumburg police are requesting the public's help in locating a missing and endangered village resident.

Sureel Dabawala, 34, who lives with her family in Schaumburg, was reported missing on Jan. 1 after failing to return home on Dec. 30.

Due to a medical condition, Dabawala's family and Schaumburg police are concerned about her well-being.

She was last seen driving her 2011 white Lexus sedan with Illinois license plate L411736. Dabawala has been known to frequent the Chicago area as well as neighboring suburbs.

Anyone who sees her or her described vehicle is asked to immediately call 911 to report the sighting. If you have any information, please contact Schaumburg Police Department Investigations at (847) 882-3534 or investigations@schaumburg.com.

AR-200119880.jpg&updated=202001101657&MaxW=900&maxH=900&noborder&Q=80

Schaumburg police seek missing woman

I hope there are traffic cameras and cameras inside and outside the gym. Poor lady. To work so hard to be successful and be murdered so young.

Illinois woman missing since late December found dead in trunk of her car

Some snips from the link....
Sureel Dabawala, 34, was reported missing by her family after she failed to return to her Schaumburg home Dec. 30, according to an alert from Schaumburg police. The family said she had gone to a local gym, the Chicago Tribune reported.

On Monday, her body determined to be unresponsive was found wrapped inside a blanket in the trunk of her Lexus vehicle around 8:34 p.m., Chicago police said. The car was found by private investigators hired by Dabawala's family, according to Chicago's FOX 32.

After finding her, the investigators called Chicago police as well as Dabawala's father -- who had a key to the vehicle and was able to open the trunk, according to the Chicago Tribune.

A police spokeswoman said the initial report didn't mention any type of trauma on the victim's body. She was last seen driving in the Lexus, according to FOX 32.

I hope there are traffic cameras and cameras inside and outside the gym. Poor lady. To work so hard to be successful and be murdered so young.

Illinois woman missing since late December found dead in trunk of her car

Some snips from the link....
Sureel Dabawala, 34, was reported missing by her family after she failed to return to her Schaumburg home Dec. 30, according to an alert from Schaumburg police. The family said she had gone to a local gym, the Chicago Tribune reported.

On Monday, her body determined to be unresponsive was found wrapped inside a blanket in the trunk of her Lexus vehicle around 8:34 p.m., Chicago police said. The car was found by private investigators hired by Dabawala's family, according to Chicago's FOX 32.

After finding her, the investigators called Chicago police as well as Dabawala's father -- who had a key to the vehicle and was able to open the trunk, according to the Chicago Tribune.

A police spokeswoman said the initial report didn't mention any type of trauma on the victim's body. She was last seen driving in the Lexus, according to FOX 32.
Reports also said that they "pronounced" her dead a short time later. Perhaps she was only recently deceased.

Well, they found her car on camera but I don’t see a time or date stamp. No location other than the city. No direction traveled. Hmmm. I wonder if they have a lot of leads to sift thru.

Snipped:
The cause of death remains undetermined for a missing Schaumburg woman who was found dead in the trunk of her own car Monday on the West Side.

An autopsy Wednesday did not rule on the cause or manner of death for 34-year-old Sureel Dabawala pending further investigation, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

Dabawala was reported missing by her family after she failed to return home on Dec. 30, according to a missing person alert from Schaumburg police. She was considered “endangered” because of a medical condition.

About 8:34 p.m. Monday, Dabawala was found dead in the trunk of her Lexus in the 200 block of North Kilpatrick Avenue in West Garfield Park, according to Chicago police.

upload_2020-1-15_18-57-15.jpeg

Well, they found her car on camera but I don’t see a time or date stamp. No location other than the city. No direction traveled. Hmmm. I wonder if they have a lot of leads to sift thru.

Snipped:
The cause of death remains undetermined for a missing Schaumburg woman who was found dead in the trunk of her own car Monday on the West Side.

An autopsy Wednesday did not rule on the cause or manner of death for 34-year-old Sureel Dabawala pending further investigation, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

Dabawala was reported missing by her family after she failed to return home on Dec. 30, according to a missing person alert from Schaumburg police. She was considered “endangered” because of a medical condition.

About 8:34 p.m. Monday, Dabawala was found dead in the trunk of her Lexus in the 200 block of North Kilpatrick Avenue in West Garfield Park, according to Chicago police.

View attachment 226178
They're likely going to have to wait for the tox results which can take weeks.

Its a weird way to describe finding her as "unresponsive" and "wrapped in a blanket" and pronounced her dead a short time later. This suggests to me perhaps she was not obviously dead for a long time and perhaps even had been sleeping in the trunk wrapped in a blanket while she has been missing. Possibility anyway based on that description.

Awaiting more data

Reports also said that they "pronounced" her dead a short time later. Perhaps she was only recently deceased.
She was found by a Private Investigator hired by the family, with a family member unlocking the trunk. Only medical personnel can actually pronounce someone deceased and that was done 30 minutes later when first responders were on scene. IMO she was dead when placed in a trunk, one doesn't wrap themselves up in a blanket and nap in a trunk when you are an UBER away from home or hotel.

She was found by a Private Investigator hired by the family, with a family member unlocking the trunk. Only medical personnel can actually pronounce someone deceased and that was done 30 minutes later when first responders were on scene. IMO she was dead when placed in a trunk, one doesn't wrap themselves up in a blanket and nap in a trunk when you are an UBER away from home or hotel.
Agree, but it was an uncommon way for them to describe finding a person, if she had been dead since shortly after she went missing. She would be obviously decomposed and using the description of unresponsive would be a little weird. Maybe I am overthinking the wording. I just thought perhaps she died while sleeping in her car, wrapped in a blanket, and she did so in the trunk so no one would see her. In that case she may have passed recently and the description of unresponsive would make more sense- again, I could be overthinking this.

I wonder how the PI found her when the LE could not? Was she leaving some sort of trial to follow?

We will need to wait for the follow-up story if the media follows this one.

Probably terrified by a robber who told her to stay in the trunk where he abandoned her and she froze to death, sadly.

Agree, but it was an uncommon way for them to describe finding a person, if she had been dead since shortly after she went missing. She would be obviously decomposed and using the description of unresponsive would be a little weird. Maybe I am overthinking the wording. I just thought perhaps she died while sleeping in her car, wrapped in a blanket, and she did so in the trunk so no one would see her. In that case she may have passed recently and the description of unresponsive would make more sense- again, I could be overthinking this.

I wonder how the PI found her when the LE could not? Was she leaving some sort of trial to follow?

The sheer volume of missing people versus the LE resources is probably why the family hired the PI.

With freezing temperatures the last week (I live in Chicago) and being in the trunk decomp would be minimal. As to the family member calling her "unresponsive"? I've worked numerous crime/accident scenes over the years where the person was obviously deceased but a family member on scene insisted they were alive. The brain just doesn't want to accept the fact that a loved one is dead even if it's obvious to anyone else on scene.

Last edited:
Probably terrified by a robber who told her to stay in the trunk where he abandoned her and she froze to death, sadly.
If she had frozen to death that would have clearly shown up at autopsy. There's numerous ways to determine that and some very "CSI" type ways including measuring the activity of short-chain 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase (SCHAD) which can determine if the body has been frozen at or after the time of death.

I'm of course referring to terminal hypothermia in lay terms not literally being frozen. I don't think the temperatures have been low enough to actually freeze a person but I also doubt county medical examiners analyze short-chain 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase activity as a standard part of conducting an autopsy.

Came across her story at random on YouTube. Sorry, but this girl was probably murdered. I did my own sleuthing...

She was 34, well-educated, and well-paid... but she lived at home. This was probably cultural till she got married. Only problem is... she seemed to be HEAVILY into black music, strengthening the possibility of her liking black men. The day she went missing, is the day she came out announcing herself as a rapper. Previously before that she said her life was like the Truman Show.

You know where I'm going at with all this, right? Police couldn't find her, but a PI could. No official cause of death, but the fa.ily doesn't push to go deeper. She was covered in a blanket. Thats personal. Btw... car left in one of Chi-town's worst hoods? Seriously??? They tried too hard!

Anyone thinking g like me, or am I off base?

Last edited:
Came across her story at random on YouTube. Sorry, but this girl was probably murdered. I did my own sleuthing...

She was 34, well-educated, and well-paid... but she lived at home. This was probably cultural till she got married. Only problem is... she seemed to be HEAVILY into black music, strengthening the possibility of her liking black men. The day she went missing, is the day she came out announcing herself as a rapper. Previously before that she said her life was like the Truman Show.

You know where I'm going at with all this, right? Police couldn't find her, but a PI could. No official cause of death, but the fa.ily doesn't push to go deeper. She was covered in a blanket. Thats personal. Btw... car left in one of Chi-town's worst hoods? Seriously??? They tried too hard!

You think it was an honor killing?

You think it was an honor killing?
ABSOLUTELY!!!

I know... I know... i have ZERO evidence. But this was a well-off family, who had the means to get a PI. But their daughter is dead and they are like, "Oh well..." I'm sorry, but they had resources to dig deeper. This was OVER a year and a half ago. They could have easily gotten more answers and at the very least punded the drum. There's none of that, because they already know what happened!

Where did you get this information?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMR0715
Back