Found Deceased IL - Taylor Clark, 19, Edwardsville, 4 May 2015 *Arrest*

I cannot figure out what the motivation through Craigslist would be. He was selling the car, not buying so it wouldn't be assumed he had a lot of money on him and they didn't steal the car.

I just feel horrible for his family and friends!

Makes no sense at all, unless maybe he was planning on trading "up" for something, his car plus some cash in order to buy what the perpetrator supposedly had. He shows up with his car and the extra cash, and they kill him for it.

The perp is also very familiar with that Budget driving school, and knew that no one would be around at the time they would be meeting. The media articles imply he was found buried on the same property. There's GOT to be some surveillance video at that location.

HAZELWOOD, MO (KPLR)- Authorities have found the car of SIUE student Taylor Clark who vanished after trying to sell the car on Craigslist. The Major Case Squad has now been called in and there are reports that Clark`s body was found not far from his car. At this point, authorities are saying that there is an ongoing investigation and they will likely hold a news conference later this morning.

http://kplr11.com/2015/05/06/body-of-taylor-clark-reportedly-found-major-case-squad-activated/

Press Conference Planned On Disappearance Of SIUE Student

snip
The Major Case Squad is planning on releasing more information on the disappearance of an SIUE student during a press conference later today.

The Troy Times Tribune is reporting on its Facebook page that Taylor Clark’s body was discovered in a shallow grave in Missouri. KTRS reached out to investigators this morning and police aren’t confirming that report.

There is an article at the link below with a MAP. Click on the balloons for descriptions and locations.

http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article20270682.html

It states in the article that his last cellphone call was made very close to where he and the car were found, at 11:37 a.m.

That means he would have met sometime around noon on Monday. Was the Budget truck school open ?? This all occurred in broad daylight , during work hours ??

Surely this is going to be a slam dunker for the cops.

Police are now confirming that the body of missing SIU-Edwardsville student Taylor Clark has been found.
Hazelwood police say Clark’s body was found about 400 yards from his car, which was found last evening in the parking lot of a truck driving school on Missouri Bottom Road.
An autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of his death.

Clark was offering his red 2007 Nissan 350ZX for sale on Craigslist, and investigators believe he was going to meet someone who had responded to the ad when he was last seen Monday in Glen Carbon.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2015/05/05/missing-siue-students-car-found/

I'm just reading this thread and find it so sad. WTH? I hope it is a slam dunk, as you said Steelman, for LE to find and convict Taylor's murderer. What a piece of crap.

May Taylor rest in peace and may his family and friends find comfort in each other.

There is an article at the link below with a MAP. Click on the balloons for descriptions and locations.

http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article20270682.html

It states in the article that his last cellphone call was made very close to where he and the car were found, at 11:37 a.m.

That means he would have met sometime around noon on Monday. Was the Budget truck school open ?? This all occurred in broad daylight , during work hours ??

Surely this is going to be a slam dunker for the cops.

I wish - I live in StL City & although StL County is in charge, I don't hold out hope even IF there is video

I do hope it's an easy murder to solve, though -- such a sad, sad story & such a Evil World

:rose: taylor..........gone too soon
:rose: strength to those that love him

may there be justice for this young man

I live in a nice subdivision and about a year ago a man was shot and killed in the park across the road when he showed up to sell a car. It seems like this is happening more and more with car sales online.

I do buy and sell on Craigslist and local swap sites, but I always meet at the police station beside City Hall - take no chances.

It is so sad how cheap a life is to some people. This young man had his whole life ahead of him and suddenly it's all over.

If the body was found in a shallow grave, that sounds like the perp had plenty of time to carry out this murder. And since the car wasn't taken, what was the motive?

I hope we learn more soon.

It is so sad how cheap a life is to some people. This young man had his whole life ahead of him and suddenly it's all over.

If the body was found in a shallow grave, that sounds like the perp had plenty of time to carry out this murder. And since the car wasn't taken, what was the motive?

I hope we learn more soon.

My guess would be money.... jmo

I wonder if the intent was to steal the car but Taylor was uncooperative or things went awry, ending with Taylor dead and the would be thief dumping body and car in a panic.

I wonder if the intent was to steal the car but Taylor was uncooperative or things went awry, ending with Taylor dead and the would be thief dumping body and car in a panic.

I thought that at first, but if that was the case it seems a panicked killer would leave the body where it was and not take the time to dig a shallow grave. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back