IL Teen Injured in Accidental Shooting

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by animlzrule, Mar 16, 2016.

1. animlzrule

animlzrule New Member

More responsible gun owners:

CHARGES PENDING AGAINST TEEN AFTER BRAINERD ACCIDENTAL SHOOTING

"A 14-year-old boy accidentally shot himself in the knee in Chicago's Brainerd neighborhood overnight. Charges are pending against a 15-year-old boy."

http://abc7chicago.com/news/charges-pending-against-teen-after-brainerd-accidental-shooting/1248189/

Well, well, well...."charges pending"??? That's an unusual twist.:rolleyes: Hmmmm, I wonder what the difference could possibly be in this case? After all, it's very rare that the gun owner is ever charged or prosecuted as a result of these "unfortunate, unforeseen accidents". :rolleyes:Whatever could the difference be????:thinking::silenced:

2. Loading...

3. bwt42

bwt42 Active Member

I don't think the question is whether the 15 year old is a responsible gun owner or not, but what were a 14 & 15 year old doing playing with a gun @ 1:50 am on a school night.

4. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Well-Known Member

Why would he hide the gun?

5. Woodland

Woodland Well-Known Member

I'm lost - a 15 year-old owns a gun? He can't drive, smoke, drink, vote or join the armed forces - but he's considered old enough to own a weapon?

Parent(s) or a guardian were in the home at the time? No responsibility on their part?

Imo, hiding the gun would indicate fear of the situation - a situation he's unable to handle. Rightly so.

6. animlzrule

animlzrule New Member

You're right, that wasn't the question. The question is, who is the responsible owner of this gun, and why are a 14 yr. old and a 15 yr. old playing with it? Who's the owner, and where is the parental supervision? Is the gun registered, or is it another consequence of having a strict gun control state surrounded by states with lax gun control? And why in this particular case are charges pending? After all, it was just an accident. Like all of the other "tragic, accidental" shootings amongst children. Just different rules for different fools, I guess. :silenced:

7. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Well-Known Member

In 30 states, a child can still legally own a rifle or shotgun

There's a map at the link.

8. animlzrule

animlzrule New Member

I'm not intimating that the 15 year old is the registered gun owner. I'm saying normally in these "accidental" shootings, when it is the parent's, relative's, friend's etc. gun, there are no charges. It's chalked up to an "unfortunate accident". For some reason, ;) charges are being considered either against the shooter (I assume) or a registered owner, if there is indeed a registered owner. If there are charges, I'm pretty sure I know why.

9. bwt42

bwt42 Active Member

I'm guessing the gun was acquired illegally & the 15 yr old is charged with possession of a stolen weapon. jmo. If the parent or parents let their child stay up to 2am on a school night, I doubt they new or cared what he was into. jmo