IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. I don’t have children, but what is 5he likelihood that a 6 yo would know their full birthdate? Especially a six year old who was kidnapped and, I’m assuming here now, didn’t get a yearly reminder that it was his birthday over the past 8 years or so. And yearly verbal confirmation by repeating his bd to friends, family, etc? I’m having trouble understanding if he was traded that this piece of info was foremost in his memory. It seems odd, but again, I don’t have children, so I’m not sure.

I don’t mean to interrupt, but is there a thread or space here on WS about human trafficking? We always hear bits and pieces about it. It floats below the surface, but there aren’t many areas online or in the news where I actually see it discussed in full. It’s always a blurb, but not fully theorized. In my opinion it happens more than we even know.

Could not agree more!!

I have a question. I don’t have children, but what is 5he likelihood that a 6 yo would know their full birthdate? Especially a six year old who was kidnapped and, I’m assuming here now, didn’t get a yearly reminder that it was his birthday over the past 8 years or so. And yearly verbal confirmation by repeating his bd to friends, family, etc? I’m having trouble understanding if he was traded that this piece of info was foremost in his memory. It seems odd, but again, I don’t have children, so I’m not sure.
I can say that all of my kids knew their birthday by that age, but probably just month and day, not the year.

I think the chances are pretty good. It's surprising what children must know to enter kindergarten.

I don’t sleep much and tonight find myself more hopeful that the young man is who he claims to be and that test results will come back quickly.

What’s interesting (to me) is that there does appear to be a resemblance when you compare the photo of the young man who was found with the actual photo of Timmothy. There’s much more resemblance between those two actual photos versus a comparison with the age-progressed image. I wish we could see his ears!

JMO

For the life of me I can't figure out which Red Roof this child came from. There's one over by the airport that the news was talking about and then there's one in Sharonville that the news was also talking about. If he were at either he could not have gotten where he was found without getting a ride at some point. The airport Red Roof is approximately 10 miles away. The Sharonville Red Roof is more like 15 to 20 miles away. There are only three bridges that you can actually cross on foot across the Ohio River into Kentucky.
The only reason I am thinking he might have gotten a ride at some point is where he was found is very close to a soup kitchen that is really popular and clean. And I am just wondering if somebody didn't drop him off there not knowing what else to do with him after he perhaps asked for help in the Cincinnati or Airport area.
There's more to this story but I strongly suspect he's who he says he is.
MOO, MOO

The police can't figure it out either. It's stated in the report released today that they checked all the surrounding Red Roof Inns and didn't find anything.

Whew - Dusted off my WS account for this one tonight. (Hi!)

I just went looking for pictures of Jim Pitzen to compare because clearly this kid is more man than boy. (Puberty.) Blew up the pics and looked at them side by side. I can see a resemblance.

That means nothing in a world of billions of people with similar features, but I'm also more yes than no, all things considered.

Either way this kid has been through some stuff.

IMO, she didn't intend for whoever she gave him to to take him back home or to the Fry-Pitzen family because she wrote in her letter that "you will never find him", referring to them never being able to find Timmothy.

Edited to add: Here's the exact wording from the letter - "Tim is somewhere safe with people who love him and will care for him. You will never find him."
Timmothy Pitzen case: Teen tells Kentucky authorities that he's Aurora boy missing since 2011

I guess what I'm trying to say, is I believe she left him with someone who she thought did love him, or was supposed to take him to someone who she thought would care for, and love him. She wasn't at a place in her life where she was making good decisions.

When I referred to "corrupt individuals" I wasn't specifically referring to Child Protective Services although there have been a multitude of cases involving CPS dysfunction. That is a sad reality.

I don't believe Illinois CPS was ever involved in this case but other agencies or a church may have been. The mom didn't find someone to hand off her child to out of thin air. I think she handed-off Timothy in Wisconsin and the boy may have been "re-homed" which didn't become illegal until several years later.

Anybody remember the case of Justin Harris in Arkansas? He used his influence as a politician to adopt three small children through CPS and then "re-homed" one of them to a predator who abused and killed her.

Months after the rehoming of their adopted daughters was made public, Justin and Marsha Harris have yet to face consequences

JMO

BBM
I think this still goes on.

I can say that all of my kids knew their birthday by that age, but probably just month and day, not the year.
Thanks! I figure that they might know the birth day, but not year AND retain this info over the years if not having typical reminders.

For the life of me I can't figure out which Red Roof this child came from. There's one over by the airport that the news was talking about and then there's one in Sharonville that the news was also talking about. If he were at either he could not have gotten where he was found without getting a ride at some point. The airport Red Roof is approximately 10 miles away. The Sharonville Red Roof is more like 15 to 20 miles away. There are only three bridges that you can actually cross on foot across the Ohio River into Kentucky.
The only reason I am thinking he might have gotten a ride at some point is where he was found is very close to a soup kitchen that is really popular and clean. And I am just wondering if somebody didn't drop him off there not knowing what else to do with him after he perhaps asked for help in the Cincinnati or Airport area.
There's more to this story but I strongly suspect he's who he says he is.
MOO, MOO

Maybe he meant they'd been staying at a Red Roof, but that's not actually where he ran from. They may have stopped somewhere and he saw a chance to run.

Oh my God ...

I just saw this on CNN.

I found this site because of Timmothy ... I followed the case because I so wanted him to be ok. I worked towards becoming a research and recovery volunteer and was ready to head to Illinois when they were still searching for him. My brother and I friended his father on social media to better follow the case ... every detail I obsessed over ...

I remember a few years ago an article was posted about Detective Catavu with the Aurora police ... he talked about how haunting the case was, years after it happened, for him as a detective but also for the family. How they lived and breathed the case.

And I remember feeling so desperately that I hoped he was ok. That Amy was honest in her letter, despite her dark place.

I’ve checked google every month since it happened ... Just hoping for good news.

And then tonight scrolling through CNN I saw his picture and knew immediately CNN was running a story about Timmothy. I’ve seen that photo hundreds of times. And I knew it was either really good or really bad.

And sadly we don’t yet know which it is. But I hope. I hope it’s Timmothy and that he gets to go home to his dad. That detective Catavu can get his answers. I hope that if it is him, that they’re able to find the people who had him.

If it’s not him, it’ll be tragic. But I’ll still hold hope.

... wow ... fingers crossed

Oh my God ...

I just saw this on CNN.

I found this site because of Timmothy ... I followed the case because I so wanted him to be ok. I worked towards becoming a research and recovery volunteer and was ready to head to Illinois when they were still searching for him. My brother and I friended his father on social media to better follow the case ... every detail I obsessed over ...

I remember a few years ago an article was posted about Detective Catavu with the Aurora police ... he talked about how haunting the case was, years after it happened, for him as a detective but also for the family. How they lived and breathed the case.

And I remember feeling so desperately that I hoped he was ok. That Amy was honest in her letter, despite her dark place.

I’ve checked google every month since it happened ... Just hoping for good news.

And then tonight scrolling through CNN I saw his picture and knew immediately CNN was running a story about Timmothy. I’ve seen that photo hundreds of times. And I knew it was either really good or really bad.

And sadly we don’t yet know which it is. But I hope. I hope it’s Timmothy and that he gets to go home to his dad. That detective Catavu can get his answers. I hope that if it is him, that they’re able to find the people who had him.

If it’s not him, it’ll be tragic. But I’ll still hold hope.

... wow ... fingers crossed
There’s been plenty of situations like this over the years, ones that end up with us learning that the person claiming to be a missing person, isn’t actually them.

The way this is going, the way information has come out, leads me to believe that this will not be like those cases.

We’ll find out soon enough, but I think that this boy being Timmothy, is more probable than not.

Whether this is Timmothy or not.....This poor kid. I can't even imagine what he's been through. I tried to clear up one of the photos that wasn't blurred. It's hard to tell if his injury is a new one that's swollen up or an old one that healed but left a bunch of keloid and broken bones that healed wrong. They found Timmothy's blood in the back of his mothers vehicle right? If she handed him off to someone do you think she was crazy enough to try and give him an injury that would have changed his facial appearance? That seems beyond evil.

Here's a video from CNN where they talk to one of the people who saw him. She said no blood but looked torn up.
Witness describes condition of teen who claims to be Timmothy Pitzen - CNN Video

WQAD‏Verified account @wqad

Illinois police investigating missing child case with FBI, boy claims to be Timmothy Pitzen http://bit.ly/2uJ8uRN

D3S3fmzW0AAFUKO.jpg

WQAD on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members