IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #2

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by summer_breeze, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

I hope they release the results today after notifying the family.

2. FragileSugar

FragileSugar Active Member

Timmothy Pitzen’s Family Hopes DNA Tests Will Confirm Today If Boy In Kentucky Is Missing Teen From Aurora

“We hope it’s true,” said Timmothy’s aunt, Kara Jacobs. “What’s hard is the story that he escaped from captors, and your mind goes in too many directions that you don’t want to think about. And what I’ve prayed about since he’s been gone is that God will keep him close and take care of him, and that maybe by some stroke of luck, he was with people who would love him. And if that’s not the case, it will be heartbreaking to get through, and it will be a legacy with Tim for the rest of his life.”

Timmothy’s aunt said investigators told her they are performing a DNA test on the 14-year-old that will hopefully be ready Thursday afternoon.

3. osu

osu Well-Known Member

Here’s a photo comparison that I made. I really do think he’s Timmothy.

Attached Files:

4. Vern

Vern Well-Known Member

In all fairness, he stated that he had escaped from his 'current' holders from a Red Roof Inn. Also told the woman that he had been held by many over the years. I'm certainly not getting the impression that he was with these two men for the entire time nor at a Red Roof Inn for the entire time.

That was his initial info stated to the woman who then dialled 911 and the police came. Why would he get into his life story with her ?

5. Lamima

Lamima Well-Known Member

Wow! How unexpected. Hope it's him. If not, there will be a new mystery to solve.

I don't think it is him. I suspect it's a much older guy pretending much like that one dude who pretended to be missing boy (Bourdin pretended to be Barclay).

6. glassheater

glassheater Well-Known Member

Thank you for clarifying this. I wonder how on earth if this is Timmothy, his mother was groomed to believe she was handing him off to good people as the usual scenarios don’t match here

Sjm_qc and dotr like this.
  7. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Why would the highly religious Amish people keep a child that's not their own, from an "English" family? They do read the news.

Stunned, Sjm_qc, southerncat and 4 others like this.
  8. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Any idea what time DNA results are expected?

catonine, gitana1, dotr and 1 other person like this.
  9. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

If it's real I think she would have tried to find people to give him to out of spite. Maybe some couple who wanted a kid. Because she seemed to have been disturbed and wanting to hurt the father.

But if they're the type who would accept a child who has been reported missing, they wouldn't be decent people and likely be dealing with some dysfunction. So maybe they passed him to other family, or friends, who knows?

That has happened before. I'm thinking a kid kidnapped alonng with I think her brother. She found her identity years later. I think her name was Pepper something.

Stunned, watcher9, Sjm_qc and 4 others like this.
  10. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Wow, hoping this is true!
    14-year-old says he is Illinois boy who went missing in 2011
    "We've probably had thousands of tips of him popping up in different areas," Aurora police Sgt. Bill Rowley said. "We have no idea what we're driving down there for. It could be Pitzen. It could be a hoax."

Timmothy Pitzen's grandmother, Alana Anderson, told WISN-TV Wednesday that authorities have told the family "very little."

[​IMG]
    "We just know a 14-year-old boy was found and went to the police," Anderson said. "We don't want to get our hopes up and our family's hopes up until we know something. We just don't want to get our hopes up. We've had false reports and false hopes before."

Police in the Cincinnati suburb of Sharonville wrote in a short incident report that the boy said Wednesday morning that he had "just escaped from two kidnappers" he described as white men with body builder-type physiques. They were in a Ford SUV with Wisconsin license plates and had been staying at a Red Roof Inn.

11. Amich

Amich Active Member

'Groomed' would not be the correct word. And also, the mother suffered from mental illness and stopped taking her medication recently before taking Timmothy out of school.

12. osu

osu Well-Known Member

One reporter tweeted that Illinois PD said, “late this afternoon or early evening.”

ETA: Megan Jones on Twitter

13. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

14. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Kindness matters - always

Thank you! Great interview. At the end he touches on the argument they had two years before which may have stuck in her mind...

osu, natesma, Daisy47 and 1 other person like this.
  15. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

There was this case of brother and sister abduction, the girl survived it..
    Shasta Groene moves on 10 years after surviving two-month captivity | Daily Mail Online

16. FragileSugar

FragileSugar Active Member

Timmothy Pitzen Case: DNA Test Results Expected Thursday

"They are running a DNA test. They have DNA samples of Tim. They will be able to verify a hundred percent whether it is him, and they will have those results by tomorrow afternoon," Kara Jacobs said in an interview Wednesday. Jacobs is the sister of Amy Fry-Pitzen, Timmothy's late mother.

17. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

18. Cinister09

Cinister09 Active Member

First comment on this thread at all... so hi - I tend to stay quiet and lurk but from the moment this came back into the news I've been watching like a hawk.

This photo - that forehead, the eyebrows, the general brow shape - I am hopeful it is him.
    So hopeful.
    The way his mouth is sitting - it's not a great photo, not too close up, however you can see his mouth shape to an extent and it looks incredibly similar to the photo of him before he vanished. Also the nose caught my eye, the teen in that photo looks very very similar to Timmothys photo.

For his family and his sake, I am hoping it's him. I really want a happy ending for this lad and the family.

Comments previously regarding kids knowing d.o.b - my eldest is 6 and knows his to the T and my 4 year old can do month and date. All kids are different however - my brother is 25 and still struggles at time :p

19. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

20. Vern

Vern Well-Known Member

I believe that Timmothy's Missing Persons Site Page states that DNA is available. They'd just need to do a cheek swab of this child then run it against Timmothies sample already in the database.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.