IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #3

I am still catching up on reading all the posts so I apologize if this has already been asked, but is there a map or specific location shown on 78 where her cell phone was found? I would think she would ditch that before timmothy to avoid tracking. Either handed him off or buried him after she dumped the phone. Trying to pinpoint the area found on 78. Anyone have better info? I have googled and read thru the thread unless I missed it.

According to this link, it says it was found on the side of the road between Mt Carrol and Stockton. Along RT 78, that's about a 20 mile stretch of road and quite a bit away from Rockford, IL. I hope that helps!

Did anyone ever create a map for Tim's whereabouts and the route she took from when she left home until she was found?

It might shed some light to show it on a timeline. That would narrow the places Tim could possibly be located.

At one point I had. It included the timeline between when she hung up the phone with relatives until the time she's first spotted again on camera. From there I canvased out the square area she could have traveled to. The best info we've gotten is there was indications she was in NW Wisconsin due to some road work residue on the SUV.

At one point I had. It included the timeline between when she hung up the phone with relatives until the time she's first spotted again on camera. From there I canvased out the square area she could have traveled to. The best info we've gotten is there was indications she was in NW Wisconsin due to some road work residue on the SUV.

Sorry, I ment NW Illinois.

According to this link, it says it was found on the side of the road between Mt Carrol and Stockton. Along RT 78, that's about a 20 mile stretch of road and quite a bit away from Rockford, IL. I hope that helps!
Thank you!!! Karen... I have a map... although I live no where near there. I am in Florida. I wish I was there, I would look.

I made several maps. I keep changing the routes and trying to get it right with timeline.
Anyone else feel like timmothy was handed of or etc around Rock River?? That was out of her way and off her route. The article that link was shared with phone location seems like alot of time spent around rock river? Maybe getting up her courage??

Bumping up for 20/20 on OWN Presents - Crime "Little Boy Lost" show on this case was on tonight and will be shown again sometime after midnight for anyone wanting to tape.
I had forgotten most of the details on this case but since there is now discussion of where she may have gone, on the show it did show a map of her and Timmothy's last sighting on video to where she was seen alone in Rockford.

I am still catching up on reading all the posts so I apologize if this has already been asked, but is there a map or specific location shown on 78 where her cell phone was found? I would think she would ditch that before timmothy to avoid tracking. Either handed him off or buried him after she dumped the phone. Trying to pinpoint the area found on 78. Anyone have better info? I have googled and read thru the thread unless I missed it.
Good question

Bumping up for 20/20 on OWN Presents - Crime "Little Boy Lost" show on this case was on tonight and will be shown again sometime after midnight for anyone wanting to tape.
I had forgotten most of the details on this case but since there is now discussion of where she may have gone, on the show it did show a map of her and Timmothy's last sighting on video to where she was seen alone in Rockford.
--------- Tonight it seems very clear to me that Amy Pitzen ran with her little boy because she had been told by her husband that he was going to take Timmothy away from her in very strong words and it broke her heart and made her EXTREMELY desperate to keep him from doing this . It may not have turned out the way she wanted though . Whoever took him would never let him go to James Pitzen , and must have been a very loving and loyal person or people to Amy . I have been in a very similar situation and know the horror I felt thinking I might lose the baby I created with so much suffering that I loved so much . This is my OPINION .

--------- Tonight it seems very clear to me that Amy Pitzen ran with her little boy because she had been told by her husband that he was going to take Timmothy away from her in very strong words and it broke her heart and made her EXTREMELY desperate to keep him from doing this . It may not have turned out the way she wanted though . Whoever took him would never let him go to James Pitzen , and must have been a very loving and loyal person or people to Amy . I have been in a very similar situation and know the horror I felt thinking I might lose the baby I created with so much suffering that I loved so much . This is my OPINION .

She murdered her son and fabricated a story about giving him away just to spite the father. As tragic as this may be, I don't condone victimising the abductor/killer and demonizing the father.

Honestly I can see either one of these scenarios playing out but I think it may truly be the later. JMO

Welcome to Websleuths! :)

Timmothy's somewhere in northwestern Illinois. It's all about finding where Amy had scouted his final resting place. Clearly in the two drives she took up that way a few months earlier she scouted for an exact resting place for him. What a monster.

Timmothy's somewhere in northwestern Illinois. It's all about finding where Amy had scouted his final resting place. Clearly in the two drives she took up that way a few months earlier she scouted for an exact resting place for him. What a monster.
I know I've read this before but do you happen to have a source for the info that she took two other trips up to NWIL?

She murdered her son and fabricated a story about giving him away just to spite the father. As tragic as this may be, I don't condone victimising the abductor/killer and demonizing the father.

Yeah. For me it's wishful thinking but if you believe she gave Timmothy away and he's fine and happy okay, don't demonize the father in the process though when there's no evidence of abuse or anything to justify it. If evidence of abuse comes forward i'll change my opinion but until then James seems like a genuinely concerned father who has been dealt a terrible tragedy by Amy. Amy's mental illness, past suicide attempt, problems with former exes and the possessiveness she displayed on phonecalls "Timmothy belongs to me" is extremely concerning and as a result of that i don't see how anyone could trust her and demonize the father. I think it'd be fine to call Amy a victim of mental illness because she no doubt was but without evidence (her family doesn't even say James was abusive, what they've said is her biggest fear was losing Timmothy in a divorce which is extremely concerning) calling her a victim of abuse from her husband is very problematic IMO.

Well , I have to say , tonight , that I believe Timmy and Amy are together on the other side of the veil . I have a feeling Amy's trips were to find a very special place for Timmy , a nice spot in one of the six counties she was in . Maybe in an very old abandoned cemetery . It looks like " PILLS " were Amy's method as she used them TWICE on herself and maybe she put Timmy to sleep forever with the same . I have been working this through my mind , laboring over it and looking at everything I can find out on the internet for over a week now and can not see anyone going for such a deal and taking Timmy illegally especially some strangers and just disappearing with him so that he would be a complete misfit as an adult . Especially when he was already old enough to know his real name and his real parents . I don't think anyone else was involved . I think Amy wrote about him being in a safe place with people who would take good care of him was a lie , a cover-up . I really think Amy acted TOTALLY ALONE and would never leave her little sweet boy with strangers and wanted him to be WITH her . She must have had reinforcement over and over , again and again , in no uncertain words , that Timmy was going to be taken away from her and she just could not bear it and had to do something very drastic . Not having feelings for her husband anymore , who had become her enemy , she was NOT going to just let him take Timmy from her , no siree maam . I know James loved that little boy very much too . This is my opinion. I just can not see anyone taking him to a wonderful forever home . There is nothing at all to show she was in contact with anyone , like emails , texts , phone calls . Tim was hers and she was taking him with her . Again just my opinion . Hope it's not true .

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back