IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #3

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by summer_breeze, May 15, 2011.

1. Grungster

Grungster Well-Known Member

And per Timothy's dad, he talked to some people who said she would likely kill Timmothy, then herself, and not travel somewhere else following this.

2. Piknik

Piknik Well-Known Member

This is such an easy case to zero in on. The vehicle was serviced and her known path is documented. If she followed the direct patch outlined from her travels we should have a known range she would have meandered off the main roads. This is fairly simple to compute.

inmyhumbleopinion, ekardh and Satch like this.
  3. ekardh

ekardh Well-Known Member

I know what you mean but you're still combing a huge area for a small body.

nannymo, LaborDayRN, sammyed and 3 others like this.
  4. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

5. ChatteringBirds

Was it mentioned yet that the remains found in Savanna turned out to be an adult, age 40+? Just in case anyone hadn't heard. (Here is the NamUs link I found:
    The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs))

6. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

MAY 11, 2021
    New age-progression image released of missing Illinois boy | WICS (newschannel20.com)

[​IMG]

Ten years after the disappearance of a young Illinois boy, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children released a new age-progression image of what he may look like today.

Timmothy Pitzen of Aurora, Illinois disappeared on May 11, 2011, at age 6.

Reports say his mother took him out of school that day to go on a 3-day trip to a zoo and water parks. She then committed suicide in Rockford, Illinois.

Aurora Police said Amy Fry-Pitzen left a suicide note that said, "Tim is somewhere safe with people who love him and will care for him. You will never find him."

[...]

LaborDayRN, MT_Catt, MrsM and 9 others like this.
  7. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 I will do it, but I won't like it

I am just dumbstruck that this case is so old. I would have guessed much more recent as it is seared in my memory.

It always make me cringe when adults say "they are now somewhere safe, they are loved" etc... as did Lori Vallow and many others we have followed here.

*shivers*

Ellmau, LaborDayRN, MrsM and 5 others like this.
  8. ChatteringBirds

Agree, and I hate that they can be so out of touch with reality yet still often manage to keep the child from being found.

Ellmau, LaborDayRN, Suglo and 2 others like this.
  9. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Well-Known Member

I’ve seen references to this case but never came across it or looked into it. What a sad story.

LaborDayRN and inmyhumbleopinion like this.
  10. carterkatt

carterkatt Well-Known Member

Thanks for that info on the Savanna body! I grew up there (and my mother has lived there forever) and there was NEVER any follow up in local media! Thanks!

11. carterkatt

carterkatt Well-Known Member

Back to the phone being found... if I remember correctly, it was found near Mt. Carroll, IL (on Rt 78???). If Mom was traveling between Wisconsin and Rockford, IL... What was she/the phone doing west of there near Mt. Carroll? Mt. Carroll and Rockford are NOT close to each other. Thoughts?

ChiCubs2016 likes this.
  12. Judywilde445

Judywilde445 Member

Does Jim Pitzen have an alibi?

ChiCubs2016 likes this.
  13. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

Agree 100%

I think this is exactly how Mom planned this early on. To me it's obvious. I agree 100% about her activities. But I disagree about Tim's final resting place. I think he is buried out in a deserted area. His Mother drugged him, with something like sleeping pills to knock him out to minimize his pain, strangled him, either dug a hole and buried him, or dumped him in a body of water, maybe Lake Michigan. If Tim is in a body of water, it would be really hard to find him.

Tim is buried somewhere between the parameters of Illinois and Wisconsin. Not able to live with what she did, she killed herself shortly thereafter so that in her unstable mindset, they are together forever in heaven, and no one can change that.

Tim's Mom had this planned for a very long time. The only mystery is exactly where is Tim's body? Sadly, I am 100% sure that he is dead at his Mother's hands.

Satch

nannymo, byo, squareandrabbet and 4 others like this.
  14. Judywilde445

Judywilde445 Member

I heard that investigators found some blood in the back seat where Timothy usually sat. That is the solution that makes the most sense, and I do agree with it. That's the thing about this case is that there are so many possible things that could've happened, but there's no answer. I doubt an answer will be coming soon either, it's just unfortunate.

ChiCubs2016, byo and Satch like this.