GUILTY IL - Trenton Cornell-Duranleau, 26, stabbed to death, Chicago, 27 Jul 2017 *graphic* *Arrests*

Discussion in 'Trials' started by meanmaryjean, Aug 2, 2017.

1. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

http://wgntv.com/2017/08/02/northwe...st-warrant-in-near-north-side-fatal-stabbing/

"Police are looking for 42-year-old Wyndham Lathem, who is a microbiology researcher and associate professor at Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine on the Chicago campus."
    "56-year-old Allen Warren, a University of Oxford employee who was a senior treasury assistant at Somerville College, is also being sought by police."

"Chicago police believe these men are armed and dangerous."

Wow- really frightening

2. meanmaryjean

If a Mod could edit my title to "IL" I'd be grateful. I didn't have my glasses on.....

3. HastingsChi

HastingsChi Well-Known Member

This story is getting a ton of attention in Chicago and lots of national coverage.

Total speculation, but it will not surprise me if Oxford is an unwitting accomplice and Northwestern kills him too (or vice versa). Reminds me of Andrew Cunanan and David*Madson.

4. meanmaryjean

I wonder how they know one another as I'm assuming this is Oxford in England they are talking about. Wonder if there is some sort of conference in town for him to be here? And if Warren (the Oxford guy) is the unwitting accomplice- was he the person who made the call to lead them to his body?

5. I have my glasses on and I think the "two professors" have to be edited also.

The Guardian today

6. Etilema

Etilema Kind to the cruel = Cruel to the kind

This article says he came the US for the first time recently, but doesn't say why. It does say they were seen on video leaving the building together.

http://wqad.com/2017/08/03/northwestern-professor-oxford-employee-sought-in-slaying/

7. HastingsChi

MajorHoople likes this.
  8. meanmaryjean

So now I want to hear the anonymous 911 call- did the caller have an accent? And what prompted his sudden trip to America without telling even his sister? Hopefully, he didn't bring his computer and forensics is all over his browsing history.

He should be easy to spot with his unusual looking tooth on the right.

9. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

What on earth?

10. HastingsChi

It wasn't a 911 call, they called the front desk. Which makes me quite certain it was a neighbor that called the front desk.

The news reports seemed to indicate that he was stabbed in the back which I'd imagine is quite painful and caused a lot of screams/noise of pain.

Obviously neither could go off the grid if this was a sudden, crime of passion murder; but if it was planned than they could have emptied bank accounts and pay cash for everything.

I've heard the car reported locally as a 2007 model while other, national reports, indicate 2017. A 2017 edition is far more likely to have standard equipment which enables the car to be tracked.

11. HastingsChi

I considered the possibility that this was a mutual sick fetish/fantasy thing, but I doubt it.

If I had to guess, I'd say Northwest is the killer and Oxford is an unwitting accomplice who may, sadly, wind up like David Madson.

12. meanmaryjean

My EXACT thoughts! (great minds and all)

13. meanmaryjean

http://wgntv.com/2017/08/04/northwestern-professor-wanted-for-murder-donated-1000-in-name-of-victim/

http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago...gh-rise-killing-donated-1000-in-victims-name/

<Was it an act of remorse?

Translation: Sneed has learned that shortly after the July 27 stabbing murder of 26-year-old Trenton H. James Cornell-Duranleau in a River North high-rise, the two men being sought for the gruesome crime drove to Lake Geneva to donate money in the victim&#8217;s name to the Lake Geneva Public Library.

The donation: $1,000.>

14. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...d-university-employee-wanted-homicide-n789186

15. Spellbound

WARNING: Gruesome details

http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago...gh-rise-killing-donated-1000-in-victims-name/

16. HastingsChi

17. Spellbound

Oh! :bricks:THANK YOU.... I don't think I have encountered him before. Please keep reminding me if I ever quote from him again.

18. Ellmau

Ellmau Well-Known Member

19. meanmaryjean

20. HastingsChi

Another surprise: Michael Sneed is actually a woman (since birth).