GUILTY IL - Trenton Cornell-Duranleau, 26, stabbed to death, Chicago, 27 Jul 2017 *graphic* *Arrests*

at some point they separated -- one in Oakland and another in San Fran?

One vehicle - what was there plan?
[/QUOTE]
Terrible teeth probably wasn't used to the whole driving on the right side of the highway thing... ;-)
Locally it has been reported that the car was a 2007 model which is important because it's far more difficult to track a 2007 model than anything made after 2010.

Was there more than one donation??

Llibraries have cameras have they said who made the donaton?

IIRC the library did not have cameras and the person who accepted the donation couldn't tell if it was the professor or terrible teeth who he interacted with. (Which seems odd given that one had a British accent and one did not)

But then when I found out the donation was before the murder that speaks to premeidated.

Agreed. The idea that they had that cash on hand and enough to go "on the run" with leads one to believe it was definitely pre-planned.

Was the other guy hired to murder him?

The professor worked with the plague; if he just wanted to kill someone in a non-violent manner it seems he'd have knowledge on how to do that.

Dealing??
Some of the photos give me the clear impression that if the professor wasn't dealing he was definitely using.

Owner of apt walked in on the two having bizaire sex ?

Doubtful. Then why keep terrible teeth around?
The mere fact that they traveled 2,000+ miles together gives me the impression that these two shared a bond that connected them on a deeper level.

Walked in a thought the other guy was trying to hurt his lover??I would assume if bondage is not ones things and they walk in it it certainly could appear as if he was being harmed.

Again, why keep terrible teeth around if that's the case?

[/QUOTE]

:)

Chicago police have stated that the victim was living with the professor in his one bedroom apartment at the Grand Plaza.

A lot of things give me the impression that this case will wind up being similar to the kidnapping and murder of Yingying Zhang by Brendt Allen Christensen who used various website to discuss his very deviant sexual desires prior to the abduction and murder of Zhang.

I believe that the two most viable scenarios are:
(1) The professor and the Brit met online and shared a common deviancy that they had long desired to make a reality and this is why the Brit traveled to Chicago. I believe this was pre-planned because they seem to have avoided detection throughout their 2,000 mile journey from Chicago to San Francisco -- meaning that they likely paid cash to avoid leaving a digital trail; likely withdrawn prior to the murder. Additionally, the fact that they stayed together for 2,000+ miles suggests that, although they had only just physically met, they had an unusually strong connection/bond and stayed together. Otherwise, one of them would have killed or fled from the other at some point.

(2) This is the far more disturbing scenario -- Does anyone recall the case in Germany of Armin Meiwes who killed and cannibalized Bernd Brandes who knowingly and willingly consented to be killed? There is a plausible but unlikely scenario that all three were "in" on the plan. Like I said, very disturbing but given the German case I thought it should be considered a possibility.

BBM: How incredibly disturbing. There is an episode of the BritCom "The IT Crowd" that involves a "German cannibal" - and I never understood the reference until just now.

I am definitely going to have trouble sleeping tonight.....

I was coming to post something similar. I wondered if the two murderers are sadomasochists who indulged in online fantasies and group chats regarding their fetishes and fantasized about some sort of disturbing thrill kill. But after the fact they may have realized they aren't quite up to Henry Lee Lucas, Kenneth Bianchi levels and understood they'd gone too far.

specuation

I think it is S and M slave dominet stuff

that is an awful long distance to travel !!

Maybe the professor paid?

For some reason it still feels like the hair guy walked in and thought his lover was getting hurt , grabbed a knife and..............

or maybe the one poster who suggusted that might have been in it together in it either by accident

or maybe like Luka wanted to see what it was like to kill and then overwhelmed with remorse

There is tho something haunting about the reports that both stabbed him......

so in a way that takes me back to protection

maybe Oxford was trying to kill lover and hair guy walked in and tried to protect --

maybe they ended up traveling together cause there was only one car and they afraid one would tell and after some time got in a disagreement and seperated

[/B]

BBM: How incredibly disturbing. There is an episode of the BritCom "The IT Crowd" that involves a "German cannibal" - and I never understood the reference until just now.

I am definitely going to have trouble sleeping tonight.....

Yeah, it's quite disturbing. However, to be clear, I mentioned it only as an example of the "consensual" killing scenario and do not at all suggest that if a possibly similar scenario occurred in this case it did not include the cannibalism aspects....

specuation
or maybe like Luka wanted to see what it was like to kill and then overwhelmed with remorse

Ding Ding Ding. [I didn't bold the remorse part because Magnotta has never shown one iota of remorse]

I think that the shared deviancy between professor and terrible teeth is most plausible.

Ding Ding Ding. [I didn't bold the remorse part because Magnotta has never shown one iota of remorse]

I think that the shared deviancy between professor and terrible teeth is most plausible.

I agree am feeling dark stuff sick stuff -- one would not have to fly across the Atlantic if they are into S and M

there had to be something very sick about the need to fly that far

found face down on the bed

thus far have not mentioned chains or ropes but they may keep that for a while

can you imagine if you were one if his students? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Would the medical examiner have to put on the autopsy teeth marks brused wrists or ankles etc ??

Hey just mo but there were a couple of scary pics of professor

Since they gave themselves up I think one of them will talk where we will know motive

Even though I find the Daily Mail to be a bit gossipy, they do have a lot of pictures. my goodness,but the Grand Plaza where that poor man's body was found is very expensive.

The Grand Plaza apartment building boasts one of the best views of the Chicago skyline, according to its website, and also features a large outdoor pool and a gym.
Prices range from $822,000 for a studio to $1,280,000 for a three-bedroom apartment, according to Zillow.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-murder-vanished-WEEK-ago.html#ixzz4ouRkH1aZ

Well, here we go. The unscrupulous nature is starting to come out (from The Sun --- another thread I don't always trust, so let's hope for confirmation from a more reliable source, too)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4166357/andrew-warren-murder-torture-bondage-grindr/
AN Oxford University employee on the run for murder in the US claimed he had a passion for bondage and torture on his online dating profile.

Warren, who allegedly fled the murder scene with an American university professor, said he wanted to find someone dominant on gay dating app Grindr.
Screenshots of his profile, seen by The Sun last night, show he was registered under the names “Anything Goes”, “No Limits” and “GoneForever2015”.

What makes the pre-planning seem off to me is, unlike Magnotta who was a loser on the fringes of the gay *advertiser censored* industry, this professor has worked long and hard for his career, apartment, had apparently caring family and colleagues. Why would he plan this to happen in his home, guaranteeing his self-destruction. He could have rented a hotel room or something.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-politics/video-apology-dating-profile-add-twists-to-hunt-for-northwestern-prof/
London’s Sun newspaper on Friday detailed screenshots of Warren’s profile on the Grindr dating app, which the tabloid said showed Warren saying he was seeking a dominant person, and that he had “no limits.”

Also, unlike the case of YingYing, there was no attempt to hide the crime scene or the victim's remains.* Even if there had been a cover up, when the victim was missed people would know where he lived and with whom.*

If anyone had been intended as a victim, on the surface it would've been Warren, instructed to disappear and not tell anyone where he was going, a submissive putting himself in the hands of an unknown couple.

Maybe something went terribly wrong, the fantasy didn't play out as intended.*

Just speculating :

We have a younger unemployed recently
homeless man.

We have an affluent older man who has some sexual proclivities.

Those two might explain some stuff.

Some favors may have to be provided in exchange for living in a high end space?

For some reason I am not getting a lover vibe from professor and victim - do we know how long he was staying in his space?

How did those two meet -- which two were the facebook friends - I thought it was Oxford and Professer - was it another pairing that I confused as far as FB goes ?

We have an esteemed doctor, a bus driver and accountant and a hairstylist that had a really rough start.

I am snow wondering if Oxford forced professor to drive him and or stab him so he could not turn Oxford in.

The most affluent of the three seems professor so I would think the 1000 came from him

The library has to mean something -- since the Oxford was from across the Atlantic so it is doubtful that he knows about a small library near Chicago. An affinity for a small struggling library?

Professor was def an academic so in some ways giving money to a library also has, although bizarre some sense knowing he will not be free again.

As a researcher it would be interesting to find out if he has donated to that library before or others.

Do libraries have to post their donations ??

i am more pondering if the I made the biggest mistake of my life might be more referring to have Oxford over as oppossed to what ended up happening??

Just a sense the Oxford and his lover did not appear to have a lot of money so it might have ended up paying for Oxfords expenses over.

But there would have to be some pre-knowledge that S & M sex was involved it explains vanishing from his lover.

The socio economic and educational differences between all three is also peculiar.

Is encrypting stuff a tough skill set?

Would any of you know how to open something encrypted or does it just come like regular stuff?

I bet the library stop happened to send the encrypted message to loved ones- that makes sense!

Then he may not have been found yet so they wanted to make it look like he was there heading out of town, and hoped they might make it far enough away to escape?? So they used his name instead of thiers??

The phone call to maintenance man then becomes confusing - I just assumed it was one of them.

I read the call went out as a welfare check so maybe it was not them.

We had a thunderstorm so I got off and cant find the link but one report said hair guy wanted to break- up with the prof

It wasn't a 911 call, they called the front desk. Which makes me quite certain it was a neighbor that called the front desk.

The news reports seemed to indicate that he was stabbed in the back which I'd imagine is quite painful and caused a lot of screams/noise of pain.

Obviously neither could go off the grid if this was a sudden, crime of passion murder; but if it was planned than they could have emptied bank accounts and pay cash for everything.

I've heard the car reported locally as a 2007 model while other, national reports, indicate 2017. A 2017 edition is far more likely to have standard equipment which enables the car to be tracked.

Oh I thought it was 911 and it would be noisy

what the heck?

http://wgntv.com/2017/08/04/northwestern-professor-wanted-for-murder-donated-1000-in-name-of-victim/

http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago...gh-rise-killing-donated-1000-in-victims-name/

<Was it an act of remorse?

Translation: Sneed has learned that shortly after the July 27 stabbing murder of 26-year-old Trenton H. James Cornell-Duranleau in a River North high-rise, the two men being sought for the gruesome crime drove to Lake Geneva to donate money in the victim’s name to the Lake Geneva Public Library.

The donation: $1,000.>

This hasn't come up and I haven't even thought about it until just now, but how in the world was Warren identified by law enforcement?

He had just arrived in the US.

Warren and the professor were seen on the building's security cameras leaving together.

From that he was identified, but how?

Is it something as simple as Warren arriving alone and the building's front desk announcing his arrival (and Warren using his real name)?

[FONT=&amp]Tid Bits

the Marshals Service conducted negotiations with an attorney that led to the suspects&#8217; surrender that night, [/FONT]the Chicago Sun-Times reported[FONT=&amp]. After being arrested in Oakland, Lathem declined to answer any questions from authorities.

[/FONT]before the body was discovered &#8212; Lathem and Warren drove about 80 miles northwest from Chicago to Lake Geneva,

Ah ha I bet they thought they could away with it and then started hearing news that cops knew
?

If there was video of them together there should be video of when the victim showed up and or left - I wonder why they have not released all the in and outs of all three of them??

[FONT=&amp]Lathem is under &#8220;intensive observation&#8221; &#8212; formerly known as suicide watch &#8212;

[/FONT]So we dont know who knew who? Do we know who the Grindr was with ?

I remember something about FB but not who

[FONT=&amp]still trying to determine how Cornell-Duranleau or Lathem knew Warren, or if Warren knew them before he flew to the United States before the stabbing.

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]received an anonymous call from a man who said that a crime had been committed in Lathem&#8217;s 10th floor apartment,

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]received an anonymous call from a man who said that a crime had been committed in Lathem&#8217;s 10th floor apartment,

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Lathem surrendered at a federal courthouse in Oakland at about 7:30 p.m

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]ndrew Warren turned himself in to the San Francisco Police Department at around 6:30 p.m. Pacific Time

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"We received information mid-week that Mr. Lathem could possibly be in the San Francisco Bay area. We followed up on the information that we were given, talked to several individuals throughout the bay area and ultimately were able to negotiate the surrender

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]call to the building's front desk 15 hours after the incident.

[/FONT]http://abc7chicago.com/police-nu-professor-oxford-employee-wanted-in-river-north-stabbing-surrender-in-calif/2277841/[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/05/chicago-slaying-arrested-bay-area-wyndham-lathem-andrew-warren/

What makes the pre-planning seem off to me is, unlike Magnotta who was a loser on the fringes of the gay *advertiser censored* industry, this professor has worked long and hard for his career, apartment, had apparently caring family and colleagues. Why would he plan this to happen in his home, guaranteeing his self-destruction. He could have rented a hotel room or something.

Professor might have been working hard for his career, but looks like his personal life was quite "interesting."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back