GUILTY IL - Tyshawn Lee, 9, fatally shot in Chicago alley, 2 Nov 2015

Indy Anna

Reaction score
[snipped]

A 9-year-old boy was shot to death just doors from his grandmother's house in the Gresham neighborhood Monday, and police said they could not rule out that he was targeted.

A basketball that Tyshawn Lee took to school every day was found near his body in the 8000 block of South Damen Avenue, a block of brick bungalows, said his grandmother, Bertha Lee.

[snipped]

The boy was in an alley with "an unknown number of individuals" about 4:15 p.m. when an argument broke out, someone fired shots and everyone scattered, said Chief of Detectives Dean Andrews.

[snipped]

Police said they were checking for any surveillance video and called on anyone with information to come forward.

Two churches were offering rewards: $1,000 from St. Andrew's and $5,000 from St. Sabina.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...d-fatally-shot-in-gresham-20151102-story.html

[snipped]

Tyshawn Lee was "lured" into the alley where he was killed, McCarthy said, standing steps from the crime scene.

"Tyshawn Lee was murdered in probably the most abhorrent, cowardly, unfathomable crime that I've witnessed in 35 years of policing," the superintendent said. "We're pretty certain that this is not an accident. He was not a bystander."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/05/us/chicago-tyshawn-lee-shooting/

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just unfathomable evil when innocent children are used as pawns in gang wars. To have no regard for life whatsoever, even the lives of innocent children, gang members must have hearts of hard, cold steel. :(

RIP Tyshawn :rose:

Can someone put a picture of this sweet boy in this thread? I just tried, but I am having issues while mobile.

I knew gangs would shoot rival gang members, but to target a child is just disgusting and horrifying.

And this father! It was his crappy life choices that led to Tyshawn's death and he won't cooperate to get justice for his son? This whole story makes me so sad and so unbelievably angry.

RIP Tyshawn.

Can someone put a picture of this sweet boy in this thread? I just tried, but I am having issues while mobile.

I knew gangs would shoot rival gang members, but to target a child is just disgusting and horrifying.

And this father! It was his crappy life choices that led to Tyshawn's death and he won't cooperate to get justice for his son? This whole story makes me so sad and so unbelievably angry.

RIP Tyshawn.

I have no words concerning what I think of the father. Is he thinking he will get justice by keeping his mouth shut and will just retaliate? I certainly hope not. Why can't people realize we are making our own problems? Ugh!!!!

I think the father might be silent because he's scared. Revealing the motives of the killers might mean fessing up to something that puts himself in jail for a long time. And he might rather scared for his own safety of for his other loved ones. Whoever did this are scary people who will stop at nothing and I would be afraid that they will hurt someone else too if I cross them further. (If I told the police who I think did it, I'd be begging them to tell the press that I wasn't cooperating. )

“We believe Tyshawn's father has ties to a gang that is in conflict with another gang."

The murder of the boy stems from a bloody clash between the Killa Ward faction of the Gangster Disciples and the Terror Dome faction of the Black P Stones.

The Rev. Michael Pfleger, a priest in Chicago and outspoken advocate against gun violence, offered to pay to relocate any witnesses who feel they would be in danger for providing information.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boy-nine-lured-alley-shot-6779886

:( 9.

Nine years old. Big tough gangsters took out a nine year old boy because of their beef with his father and/or father's gang.

:censored: When does it end?

Nine years old. Big tough gangsters took out a nine year old boy because of their beef with his father and/or father's gang.

I DONT KNOW !!!!! I stood in front of CNN in my office this morning and just cried ,too bad we just cant say if you are a gang member and its more important than your kids you must give them to a family that wants a child to love. why couldn't that be a real thing ? I would have loved him.

RIP Tyshawn.

sadly I'm shocked it DOES NOT happen all the time , actually it probably does, we just hear about what the MSM wants us to hear , I'm sure this is not the first child.

“We believe Tyshawn's father has ties to a gang that is in conflict with another gang."

The murder of the boy stems from a bloody clash between the Killa Ward faction of the Gangster Disciples and the Terror Dome faction of the Black P Stones.

The Rev. Michael Pfleger, a priest in Chicago and outspoken advocate against gun violence, offered to pay to relocate any witnesses who feel they would be in danger for providing information.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boy-nine-lured-alley-shot-6779886
Kudos to the Reverend! I hope witnesses will take him up on the offer.

This is appalling.

I've sort of seen stuff a little like this, not a shooting, but supposed gang members living surrounded by women and children. Then LE comes to serve a warrant or something and they have to get through the innocents before they get to the criminal. The criminal can dip and run before LE can reach them without hurting the innocents.

Big tough men, NOT. They make me sick. I wish cities with gang problems could open up an old abandoned building, the warring factions could legally go in there and kill each other all they want and leave the innocents out of it.

I'm so sorry Tyshawn, you had a beautiful smile sweetheart.

Cowardly animals.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think the father might be silent because he's scared. Revealing the motives of the killers might mean fessing up to something that puts himself in jail for a long time. And he might rather scared for his own safety of for his other loved ones. Whoever did this are scary people who will stop at nothing and I would be afraid that they will hurt someone else too if I cross them further. (If I told the police who I think did it, I'd be begging them to tell the press that I wasn't cooperating. )
BBM. I agree. The big however is this was his precious son. That he was involved in a gang that would obviously put his family in danger is bad enough. That it rose to the level of luring this child into an alley and killing him, is more than beyond the pale. That this father is now remaining quiet?

As for fearing for the safety of himself and his family? Imnsho, they should be in protective custody. After all, anyone who would choose to do such an egregious thing quite obviously would not blink to kill again. Within this context, if he is not speaking wrt fear for his family, and LE and/or the DA has not placed them in protective custody, imho, they bear some of the responsibility that the man won't talk.

P.s. I still need to read through on this case, so may change my opinion upon further info. But just wanted to respond to this excellent comment.

sadly I'm shocked it DOES NOT happen all the time , actually it probably does, we just hear about what the MSM wants us to hear , I'm sure this is not the first child.

Bookmark both of the Chicago newspapers and you will soon see that its not the first child. This is a city where sometimes 75 blacks are shot from sundown Friday to dawn on Monday. The winter is welcomed because the number of shootings go down.

agree. the father's poor life choices should not have had this type of consequence
he was nine yo, had his life ahead of him, whatever his dreams and hopes were tyshawn will never had the chance of following them...
go in peace tyshawn

lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back