GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that there have been 2 attempted kidnappings in Watson and that there have been warnings in the area recently. One at a nearby mall. Just putting it out there that there are shady people around the area.

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/09/7-year-old-girl-missing-from-effingham-county-in-illinois/

The mother and uncle were home when she went missing. Both are being held for questioning. This doesn't sound good :( I hope it's just routine questioning!

Well that answers questions about who lives in the home. But it's the first I've heard about the uncle being there when Willow disappeared...

If he was home, why rely on the 3 year old to say where Willow went? Why not ask the uncle? He has to be able to articulate better than a toddler.

Interesting, is all. I still have no idea what happened here.

Willow lives with her mother, uncle and grandparents. Her mother and uncle were home when she went missing.

The two, ages 26 and 22, are being held for questioning according to the girl’s grandfather.

“It isn’t like Willow to wander away,” said the grandfather. And he feels foul play is involved.

Question:

Has there been any construction in Watson, IL in the last year? (yes, the entire year, please). Roadwork? Major renovations of a business?

I don't ask because of dangerous holes or things she could get lost in...I ask because many times there are construction crews (strangers) in towns where a lot of roadwork is taking place.

Anything gone on in Watson this year where a lot of strangers would be in town and have a chance to get a glimpse of Willow and take a liking to her?

Her mother went to a festival of some sort at the tail end of August...I'm mentioning this yet again. It was an all day event. Did Willow go with her to this event? Did she meet anyone new at that event with Willow?

Were the doors locked in the home at the time Willow went missing? IE: would someone have to knock and her grant access or could they just open the door?

Does the family have weekly trash pickup by a specific driver or company? What about their UPS or Fed-Ex deliverer? Mailman?

Ice cream trucks are a popular Sunday event here...are they in Watson?

Watson definitely has some sort of annual festival. Most small towns do. I'm sure they close off Main Street, have food booths, hold a pageant, a street dance, a car show and that kind of thing. Those events do attract some people from neighboring communities, but they are predominantly attended by the city's residents.

According to Census figures, there are about 225 residents under age 18. Half are boys. So that's about 110 girls. If they have a pageant, they likely have 2-3 different age divisions. So there's a fair chance that Willow was a pageant contestant. Just something to consider.

On a Sunday, there is no mail or trash service and probably no parcel delivery. But there might be some church people trying to save souls.

Football season started there, too. So local high school teams and local Pop Warner teams are probably playing games on weekends, and those are usually well attended social events in small communities.

I was so hoping Willow will would be back home by the time I returned...so very sad that she isn't. Where could she possibly be? I have felt since the beginning that she was most likely taken. By whom, where, why, how, etc...remain to be seen. Oh please let them find her soon. For some reason I believe her to still be alive, she must be so frightened though. :(

...I am a lot closer to this than I thought (I'm horrible at geography), being only 1 state over it's very plausible she'll be taken through here (or any number of states that surround IL). Everyone please be on the lookout wherever you go. Little Willow has very distinctive looks about her...not only that red, red red hair, but those adorable moonshaped eyes. I keep feeling like she's going to be found alive by a person who happens to see her in a backseat of a car, a rest stop or a diner, etc. [Edit]: I know it's hard talking to kiddos about this but I encourage ALL parents to show them her pictures in detail and explain that she is missing. You never know when a new kid could pop up in your child's school and it be her.

BBM

Im USUALLY a real stickler, regarding the requirements for an AA. But Im gonna have to go with you on this train of thought toothless. I think its VERY possible Miss Willow is with someone..somewhere. It would certainly be an advantage to have motorists see her little face and know that she is missing.

Im not completley caught up from this morning....so I'm sorry guys,if this subject has ALREADY been beat into the ground.

It also states she lives with mother, uncle, and grandparents. The grandfather thinks foul play is involved. It's not like Willow to wander away :(
Where were the other adults when Willow's mother was taking a nap? Not pointing fingers, just wondering.

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/09/7-year-old-girl-missing-from-effingham-county-in-illinois/

The mother and uncle were home when she went missing. Both are being held for questioning. This doesn't sound good :( I hope it's just routine questioning!

So the two kids live with Willow's Mom, Willow's Mom's brother (uncle) and Willow's Grandparents.

So it's probably Willow's Parent's house. The grandparents just got back into town today the news that I just watch said. If Willow's Mom went to bed, were was her Mom's uncle?

Seven seems fairly young to leave the house after a fight...wonder if she had done that before ? Was it ever mentioned what the fight with her mom was about ? Had she,for example, wanted to go to a particular friend or relatives house ?

I wonder how well she could see without her glasses ? jmo moo

Keep in mind, the "held for questioning" is a quote of the grandfather, NOT of LE. It could be as simple as they're being questioned, but not "held". As we know, simple questioning of the people in the home happens in every case.

The grandfather would know if she was being held overnight for questioning because it seems to be his house that everyone lives with. It seems Willow, her brother, Mom, uncle, grandma and grandpa all live there.

"Willow lives with her mother, uncle and grandparents. Her mother and uncle were home when she went missing.
The two, ages 26 and 22, are being held for questioning according to the girl’s grandfather.
“It isn’t like Willow to wander away,” said the grandfather. And he feels foul play is involved."

Thank you, somehow I got redirected to another news article (related, but not the right one) the first time.

Not knocking anyone, but I think it is entirely inappropriate for an adult to take a nap, however long, while there are two young children in the house and no other adults. Don't know if there were any other adults there. I do know that I worked with at least 1 RN who worked nights (husband was RN worked days), the mom RN admitted that she went home and slept while the little ones had run of the house and at least two of them were in diapers! She thought there was nothing wrong with this.

As was a single mom I have to disagree with this statement. I am a human, I get sick and unfortunately at inconvenient times. There is not always a sitter (or money for a sitter) available when I got sick. Many times I wasn't in bed, but stuck in the bathroom for long periods of time. I had to just hope and pray that my kids would be okay, there were absolutely no other resources. Looking back I dont consider myself a bad mom, just one who was struggling through life as best I could. Im sure Willows mommy was doing the same. :)

There were reasons for that. Something with a box of wine and not being completely forthcoming/honest. Hopefully, this is far from Baby Lisa's circumstances. :moo:

I wouldn't give a rats @ss what people thought of me, my expressions, what I said, or how hard I cried or didn't cry. My face would be in the news! No doubt about it. But then, I wouldn't be 10000000% honest, like Mark Klaas was when Polly went missing.

Maybe there are reasons for the parents not being on TV. Say, for example, that LE wants them to take a non-threatening, we aren't mad, we just want her back approach to any potential abductor. If her mom just can't swallow the anger and fear long enough to make the plea the way LE wants her to, then there is a good chance that they have told her she might get Willow killed if she goes on TV and lets that rage out. If she isn't stable enough, either physically or mentally, she might be making the decision to let LE handle it, as opposed to making a mistake and losing Willow for good. Or it could be because there is no way that she can stomach the idea of making a plea, because then it's real. This is really happening. And once her mind admits that, she may be break completely. Sometime the only way to keep it together is to tell yourself that it's a nightmare, and you will wake up.

I have doubts, but I can also see how it is sometimes in the best interest of the child for the parent to stay silent.

And there's the "rumor" about 2 being "arrested"...

Small town, big mouths... Moo (I live in the tiniest of towns)

ETA: I was referring to the earlier SM rumors stated by the aunt...arrested and questioned are two totally different things...

So the grandparents just returned to town? From where? When did they leave and why? I know it is imperative and absolutely vital to finding Willow - but I still cannot STAND being in the dark.

As was a single mom I have to disagree with this statement. I am a human, I get sick and unfortunately at inconvenient times. There is not always a sitter (or money for a sitter) available when I got sick. Many times I wasn't in bed, but stuck in the bathroom for long periods of time. I had to just hope and pray that my kids would be okay, there were absolutely no other resources. Looking back I dont consider myself a bad mom, just one who was struggling through life as best I could. Im sure Willows mommy was doing the same. :)

Willow's uncle was there at that time. Why didn't the Mom say hey keep an eye on the kids please.

So the grandparents were not home-- perhaps they were at church? Or does the statement "they just got back into town" mean they were actually not even in Watson when Willow went missing?

Uncle is 22, Sunday morning he was at home... I am going to guess he was sleeping in. Hence, why the only witness to Willow's exit was her little brother.

Just my thoughts!

Maybe if she is being held for questioning, she isn't in a position to speak to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member