GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: No lock on his bedroom door, but one on the bathroom door?

Just a guess ...

I am going to guess that part if not all of the attack happened in the bathroom. He's just coming up with excuses for where he thinks the evidence will be found.

Throwing masturbation in on top of Willow scratching his arm, this kid has covered all of his bases. For instance "If" they find semen on Willow, well I told you I had been masturbating and so on and so forth :facepalm:

Mystic, we've been here too long haven't we?
Sigh...I can't say it ever gets easier but one becomes able to recognize patterns. From all aspects of this case I still do NOT believe Justin is a killer like Sigg and others, but I do believe he lost control, whether due to drugs or rage in the heat of the moment and became a murderer.

We can speculate all we want but the DA did not tell us everything or he would have stated then and there at the press conference that there was no sign of sexual assault. He was so evasive about this in his answers one can't help but wonder. We've heard it before in cases where it was clarified that there was "no sexual assault". I've never heard the qualifications of the pathologist given as an answer????

Whether it's due to tests not being back or future charges that he did not clarify,I don't know but I agree that there is a reason Justin included masturbation in his story.

why would he leave his bedroom to go into the bathroom to watch *advertiser censored* and do his thing? this statement is not adding up ,but you know what they say, in every lie is a bit of truth.. maybe he trapped Willow in that bathroom with him and she did escape and take off running..I am not buying the stick story, but I do think that they will find sexual abuse JMO
I think the pile of sticks is to explain why she would have had sexual trauma.
I have heard stick stories before ... (when I worked for a pediatric group)
She fell on a stick /sat on a stick, to explain away sexual abuse.
It never flies...

Eta : we did have a little girl that slipped on a balance beam at gym practice and landed straddling the beam.
Also a little girl that tripped backwards and sat in the open dishwasher on a knife. It stabbed her bum.
So I know it CAN happen ....
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Why does mom have to cover for her brother? He is an adult. He agreed to babysit. She comes home from wherever and her daughter is missing. I'm missing the part where she feels she needs to cover her butt.

Curious, you bring up a really important pattern there--he seems to be going out of his way to cover explanations for any sort of DNA.

Jumping off this post because now the stick pile has become more a brush/dump pile and could explain more during the autopsy.

I am unsure if the entire story of the stick is false and is to cover up the crime with a knife (which is possible). I assume landing in a pile that has sticks, cat poo and who knows what else could play significant to what defense JD is setting up for himself.

I am trying to understand LE's hesitancy in answering questions about mom's placement in this whole scenario...

I am jumping in... So I hope this does not land at an awkward spot...

It was stated in court docs that mom was at a bar while JD was babysitting the children...

could she have gone to another location (not home) to spend the night...

when she came home Sunday...Possibly about 10:30 a.m. ... JD told her Willow had just gone missing...

Mom believes her brother's story... And starts looking around the block for her...

when she can't find Willow... She calls 9-1-1- to report a missing Willow...

when talking with LE she states her contrived story of feeling ill.. Checking on kids... Movie... Breakfast... Etc.. All to make it seem she was not a negligent parent.... Or , well, you know....

when the investigation of a missing child turns to finding a possibly deceased child... She may have " come clean" with LE about her true locations the previous night and next morning...

soooo... When she "lied"... She had no idea that JD had killed her daughter... And, therefore was not covering for him...

therefore... LE does not consider her initial lack of honesty as anything but covering a guilty conscience... And not an obstruction of justice?

All just thoughts that I have at the moment... Subject to change with new information...

This is where I am leaning towards as well. Till theres more info about the Mom's whereabouts, exact times, etc.. I also think (is this the point I say, just my opinion!?) JMO is she could be a young mom who likes to go out and have a drink with friends, with parents that do not approve. If her brother offers to cover for her, she would be trusting. Who goes there immediately in their head when being betrayed, your instinct is to trust loved ones.

Why does mom have to cover for her brother? He is an adult. He agreed to babysit. She comes home from wherever and her daughter is missing. I'm missing the part where she feels she needs to cover her butt.

Maybe she knew something about him and he shouldn't have been left alone with her children. jmo

I just caught up & I am beyond sick over this. :sick:

I've thought of the stick story as a lie from the beginning and I knew it would be bad, but this is so much worse than I imagined...
I'm also jumping on the bandwagon of thinking the masturbation story is for a DNA cover-up. I don't see any other reason whatsoever for him to mention that detail. It makes me so, so sad and angry when anyone (especially a small child) is sexually abused.

I'm really speechless, what a piece of $&!% :stormingmad:

Warning: Many of the details of this crime are gruesome, and may not be suitable for all readers.
(KMOV) – A 22-year-old man on Wednesday was officially charged with killing his 7-year-old niece as more details got released on what happened in the moments leading up to and after her death......

According to court documents, DeRyke told officers he was home alone watching Long and other children when the alleged incident occurred. Police said Long’s mother was at a local bar and her grandparents were working as truck drivers at the time.
DeRyke told police he spend most of the evening in his room playing video games. When he left the room to go to the bathroom, he said Long tugged on his arm and asked him to watch a movie with her. During the exchange, DeRyke said the girl accidentally scratched his arm, causing it to bleed.
He reportedly got upset and yelled at Long, which caused her to run into the front yard. According to his statement DeRyke said she then fell on a brush pile, causing a stick to impale her in the neck.
The 22-year-old said he wanted to end her suffering.
Prosecutors said DeRyke then slit her throat before stabbing her in the heart and throat. Police said DeRyke put the girl’s body in a plastic bag, duct taped it and dumped it in the Little Wabash River. That’s where her body was found by four volunteers around 7:30 p.m. Monday. DeRyke was arrested about 6 a.m. Tuesday.

According to police, an autopsy concluded Long's throat had been slashed, and she had stab wounds on her collarbone and neck, as well as defensive wounds on her hands.

Authorities said Justin DeRyke never helped in the initial search effort and neighbors also reported a suspicious lack of urgency with him.
“Yeah I seen them over there drinking beer instead of searching for the little girl,” one neighbor said. That’s very pathetic, it’s awful. If that was my kid, I’d be out there looking 24/7.”

Long's mother reportedly told investigators she had woken up and seen her daughter watching a movie, and then went back to bed. She then said when she woke up in the morning Long was gone.
When asked if she could face charges for allegedly misleading investigators, the state's attorney said he could not comment.

Source: http://www.kmov.com/news/local/More...officially-charged-with-murder-223336701.html

BBM
Snipped by me

The *advertiser censored* and masturbating were brought up by him to cover for his DNA on her. He sexually assaulted her and she fought back. imo
I totally agree.
Throwing masturbation in on top of Willow scratching his arm, this kid has covered all of his bases. For instance "If" they find semen on Willow, well I told you I had been masturbating and so on and so forth :facepalm:

Yep. :banghead:

He attacked a seven year old girl, there was sexual activity enough to leave his semen on her somewhere, she fled the attack and he chased her and brutally killed her. No part of this was an accident. If, and that's a big if, she fell on a stick it wad while she was fleeing the assault.

He slashed her throat and stabbed her in the heart. Rage, pure rage. I won't call him what I want to, don't want a time out.
All moo of course.

I am buying into the idea that mom went out and had a few more than she should have. Not blaming the mom, she might have listened to her brother pass word to her that the children were okay, to lay down, it's okay, etc.

I still wonder about the breakfast remarks because it's clear in the probable cause statement, per JD's own words, Willow had passed way before breakfast Sunday morning.

Warning: Many of the details of this crime are gruesome, and may not be suitable for all readers.
(KMOV) – A 22-year-old man on Wednesday was officially charged with killing his 7-year-old niece as more details got released on what happened in the moments leading up to and after her death.
Justin DeRyke was charged at the Effingham County Courthouse with three counts of first-degree murder in the death of Willow Long. His bond was set at $5 million.

<snipped by me for space>

Long's mother reportedly told investigators she had woken up and seen her daughter watching a movie, and then went back to bed. She then said when she woke up in the morning Long was gone.
When asked if she could face charges for allegedly misleading investigators, the state's attorney said he could not comment.

Source: http://www.kmov.com/news/local/More...officially-charged-with-murder-223336701.html

BBM

You might want to snip that down. IIRC, I thought we were only allowed to post about 10% of the article and include a source? I'm not 100% sure, just letting you know :)

A sexual assault makes more sense to me than him chasing her outside because she scratched his arm wanting him to come watch movies. Just saying.

The lies in this case so far, IMO, are UNBELIEVABLE.

Just read the probable cause statement and a few things stand out.

1. The list of wounds. No statement that an impalement wound was present. Defensive wounds, to me mean pure murder. If she had enough life in her to put up a fight you wouldn't be putting her out of her misery.

2. He disposed of her body that night, while mom was at the bar? Where was the 3 year old??

3. Obviously the statements from the morning of were false. I would really like to know where those statements came from.

Willow had cuts to her hands most commonly seen as defensive wounds. She had multiple cuts to her collarbone also. Is the story going to be that all of those cuts came from the stick pile? Guy went to work the next day. This has to be one of the worst alibis ever. Just give up and stop fighting the obvious. Eh, probably going to have to wait until the finer details prove the major plot points to be bogus. :(

if anyone is still confused by the charges think of them as alternate theories of the crime, lesser included offenses (though in this case they are not lesser, similar theory tho)

the prosecution is saying "we think we can prove premeditation and malice, in case that is disputed we can also prove wanton disregard, if there is a problem with that we also think we can prove that he undertook actions which any reasonable person knew would result in death"

thankfully despite all of the confusion that remains some things are certain - she has been recovered and will get a proper burial, there is a suspect in custody admitting he caused her death.

as we all know many cases go for months, years, or worse... before they get to this stage of resolution.

RIP

If Willow wanted to watch tv with her uncle, wouldn't she have been wearing her glasses? Her glasses being in her room, makes me wonder if she was taking a shower and he surprised her.

I really want to know what she was wearing when she was found.

i'll just post this because i've been sitting on it for two days...

willow's facebook page had a poster who said CD was at the gabby goat (a bar) partying that saturday night. i can't find the post in all the closed/open/'group' status changes. but the poster clearly stated she was there...

http://www.gabbygoat.com/

not giving mom a pass nor a sleuth nor a judgement. my guess, as is others', is that the breakfast story was just that. her boyfriend was in family pictures, at the house when she was on camera, so another guess is that maybe he was there (occupied) or she was at his place when said crime occured. your parents are on the road so...what better time to sleep out or have a guest. she's only 26. she's human.

now that we know cause of death, IMO time of death is just as important to either abjucate or implicate anyone else. at this time IMO it's JD and only JD that should be held accountable...

thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member