Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #10 *Still Missing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, more than likely it will to some degree until she is found.

Pardon my ignorance, but I am new to Websleuths. I am wondering if this discussion will continue forward, now that BC's trial has taken place, for as long as Yingying Zhang's body is missing? Thank you.

Plus, starting July 8, we still have 2-3 weeks of the penalty phase to go through.

After the sentence is passed, I will continue to be around and checking in from time to time until they find her remains.

Hmmm. Not sure I agree. Just MOO but I think MZ knew so him hurrying to hide it isn't important to him. I remember when MZ was asked about it , she said he lifted it like it was nothing.
Yet another odd answer

I wonder how long he was gone when he left with the bag. If he still had YY in the bag it could indicate how far away her remains are.

That was some catch-up there lol.

@trunkizback , just take care whilst out there, stay safe. Lots of us believe YY is in the locale somewhere and not far away. Thank you also for you just being you, not giving up but putting local info here into the pot.

@kittythehare. A massive thank you for all the hours you have been putting in here. You are a great asset to the thread, any thread you are on in fact. It's the work ethic and push, push push. Dig, dig, dig. Thank you.

Thank you to @dm92 for all your input too. So much information and great ideas. A great one at finding source info, well done.

@Niner. Thank you for keeping us straight on the dates, a thankless task. We all look to you to check how much time we have left and for Court updates. How do you do it? Mores to the point, how many cases do you keep track of at any given time?

I'm too far away to give hands on help, and I've got to admit I'm a techno numpty. Have problems getting links to move from A to B and don't have a clue of where to start a search for records, I am a good reader.

I terrify teenagers and there are none around here.. I'm lacking a 'feel' for the street.

Stonegate Village Apartments 2503 W Springfield Ave, Champaign, IL 61821, USA +1 217-352-1129 Google Maps

See if this link works. If it does you will see a map on which you can move around Champaign and a small photograph in the bottom left hand corner. If you click on that photo you can then actually "walk" around the streets around stoneygate apartments, see the skips, car parks, turn around and view the Johnson Ross building, pan out and see the birds eye views too. Just have a play around. It's great for learning about the locations in these threads. HTH and hope link works.

Please add my thanks to those of altojack to everyone helping us thru the horrors of this case.

I agree that the location and/or recovery of Yingying's remains are of more importance to all. Maybe BC will grow a conscience and reveal what he did with or where he put her remains. One can only hope.

I wonder it isn't somewhere in his search history. He seems to have researched everything else. Hope he will reveal it in return for LWOP. Hope they get more info about the other 12, if they exist. We'll see in the next few weeks.

altojack said:
@Niner. Thank you for keeping us straight on the dates, a thankless task. We all look to you to check how much time we have left and for Court updates. How do you do it? Mores to the point, how many cases do you keep track of at any given time?

Actually I have never counted... I don't think I want to!
animated-smileys-laughing-010.gif

Way too many!! o_O

And you are quite welcome! ;)

Cmi Johnson-Ross - Champaign, IL
Stonegate Village Apartments 2503 W Springfield Ave, Champaign, IL 61821, USA +1 217-352-1129 Google Maps

See if this link works. If it does you will see a map on which you can move around Champaign and a small photograph in the bottom left hand corner. If you click on that photo you can then actually "walk" around the streets around stoneygate apartments, see the skips, car parks, turn around and view the Johnson Ross building, pan out and see the birds eye views too. Just have a play around. It's great for learning about the locations in these threads. HTH and hope link works.

Please add my thanks to those of altojack to everyone helping us thru the horrors of this case.

Wow. Way better than the map I posted. As you can see on this one just how close his apt is to both the plant and the gym. Remember, he walked there daily. He would be very famiar with any coming and goings of the area. If you move in on that map you can see that his bldg is just above that A on Austin drive. Go east and you're right up against the fence of the plant.

Ok now I have a few more questions..now that the trial is o over would searches be handled by local LE? 2 years ago I tried the FBI route and got nowhere.
Second, last night I took a couple short videos with my phone to see if I could post them. It won't let me post them anywhere. Says file is too large. Can't even text or e mail them. I'm technology ignorant!

Just stopping in to thank everyone involved here @ Websleuths. Esp those that relayed tweets & news reports.

Kittythehare, it's always more interesting and enlightening following a case with your input. You always seem to say just the right thing at the right time.

Continued prayers for the precious Zhang family. May God comfort YingYing's Mother. I pray that somehow, someday soon the convicted murderer lets someone know where YYZ remains may be located, so that she can be taken to her home in China.

Catching up and hijacking this post for a "DITTO" because it says the same "Thank You's" that I wanted to say.

Cmi Johnson-Ross - Champaign, IL

Wow. Way better than the map I posted. As you can see on this one just how close his apt is to both the plant and the gym. Remember, he walked there daily. He would be very famiar with any coming and goings of the area. If you move in on that map you can see that his bldg is just above that A on Austin drive. Go east and you're right up against the fence of the plant.

Ok now I have a few more questions..now that the trial is o over would searches be handled by local LE? 2 years ago I tried the FBI route and got nowhere.
Second, last night I took a couple short videos with my phone to see if I could post them. It won't let me post them anywhere. Says file is too large. Can't even text or e mail them. I'm technology ignorant!
I'm terrible with tech too,

Certainly some police presence would be needed.
I'm not sure how it works in Illinois. Do the local politicians have a say in what gets investigated?
FEds are going to have better information, but if there's just 2 of them, I dont see them having the resources..
Ideally an ambitious young cop with the ability to charm the feds needs to take an obsessive interest in this case. Will have to come from local as possible, maybe? could sound them out with a phonecall or pop in if someone's passing and ask what it would take?
Chinese communities in the college should be up to speed too.. keep local...if there is an interest locally and case is on national spotlight and international ... and if there is no interest locally, start a petition, shame them into it... but community organisations always the best bet for any search, they know the territory. now is the time to hustle.

1. Statement cont’d: “There is no language that can describe our pain and suffering. We hope and believe that this trial will eventually bring justice to Yingying and to us. Our wish has always been to find Yingying and bring her home. We will not give up.” @WCIA3

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Re BBM
I was watching a true crime show just yesterday and the mother of the murdered child said the exact same thing.

The pain and grief and anguish must be awful because there are no words to even describe it. Bless anyone that has ever had that kind of loss of a loved one.

The mother in the show I watched added something along these lines. That once LE notified them they found a body that matched their daughter's description they began preparing themselves for something like a fatal car accident or something and that they at least could have attempted to digest that news, but to find out a murderer violently raped and shot their daughter in the head twice was something they were not prepared for in the least.

re search.
What we know- he brought her to his apartment by incapacitating her.
He incapacitated her sometime after 2.40pm
We do NOT know what time he got her to his apartment in the duffle bag.
We do NOT know how long or where the incapacitation phase too.
It could have taken an hour or 90 minutes.
He could have got her home 4-4.30pm.
Can we say, the home attack could have commencd at 4-4.30pm- 5 at latest?

Duration of killing rape, alleged knifing, batting stabbing and decapitation, had to take at least 3 hrs and that's not counting dismemberment.
3 hrs? Easily.
Was he finished with her by 8pm? Dead but had not commenced disposal or clean-up?

looked at *advertiser censored* at 9.40 on his secret file in his computer.WDF?

Did that car get moved on Saturday?
Did that car get moved on Sunday?
Michelle returned at 5pm

They tracked it so well up to 2.30pm on the Friday, the same circumstances, as in daylight existed the following 2 days, they must have looked.
Or did they? They certainly would have searched.

I do not believe he told anybody where he put her.
I dont believe he ever will.
Unless torture and they're not allowed to do that.

Realistically, if that car had moved on Friday night late, Saturday or Sunday and they tracked it correctly, they would have found it.
They did not.

Are these reasonable ?-90 minutes to disempower, truss, gag and bag? Plus immobilise her phone? plus drive some distance to carry out this operation? In private.

3 hrs to do all he said he did?
Cut her clothes off, raped her. Knifed her in bedroom. Batted her, possibly in bedroom...
Rest, am not sure about... decapitation does not really make sense. Because if it was done to reduce her size for fitting her body into a manhole, old well, her shoulders would have been wider... She already fit in the bag with room to spare.
We're a bit at sea here cos we have no idea as to quantity of blood... 'her blood ran down the wall' of bedroom, the prosecutor stated.
Abat injury could cause that kind of bleeding and we're not sure of height of top bloodstain.
Would she have needed to have been standing when that injury took place or lying prone?

I love using "Street View" in google maps to walk around and view maps on the street level.

The only problem I have is I sometimes get all turned around and dont know left from right or up from down. LOL

Christensen verdict: 'A step toward justice ... and a step toward closure'
That will be determined in the sentencing phase, which will begin July 8 and is expected to last at least a week, Shadid said.

During the trial, Ye watched from an overflow room, as the family's other attorney, Steve Beckett, said the sight of Christensen could bring her to tears

"Also, she has been a very nice daughter to her parents. She always shared with them her life stories and where she is," Wang said. "Losing someone like that is so hard on the family."

"They have been traumatized by the loss of Yingying, by the delays in the case against the person who murdered Yingying, and by the testimony they heard during the trial," they said. "Their emotional distress has been, at times, unbearable. The jury's verdict of guilty in this case is a step toward justice for Yingying and a step toward closure for Yingying's family."

The family's lawyers also thanked the investigators, prosecutors and witnesses who testified, in particular Emily Hogan, a former grad student who said she was approached by Christensen the day Ms. Zhang was kidnapped, and Terra Bullis, his ex-girlfriend, who wore a wire for the FBI

"Terra's courage is self-evident, and the assistance she gave to law enforcement was invaluable," they said.

And they recognized Christensen's lawyers.

"We recognize that the defense lawyers had a difficult task in the case," he said. "We appreciate the respect they have shown the family.

In the 236 federal capital cases tried since 1988, juries imposed life sentences in 64 percent and death in 36 percent, according to the Federal Death Penalty Resource Counsel Project.

To convince the jury that Christensen deserves death, the prosecution will first have to prove to all the jurors beyond a reasonable doubt that he acted intentionally.

The prosecution had previously alleged "other serious acts of violence" as an aggravating factor but has since dropped that after the defense raised serious questions about the allegation.

FWIW it looks to me, from the message log, that on the day of the crime there is ~90 min. gap after BC abducts YY where he doesn’t send out any messages, and then another ~2 hour gap that evening from ~7 to 9; after a message to MZ ~9 there is another 2 hour gap. But those are the only prolonged (over an hour) messaging gaps for the whole day following abduction… so I think key things are happening during those gaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member