Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #10 *Still Missing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can this fly? How? Especially when all 12 jurors agreed the aggravating factors were proven.
There was one that wasn't proven: future dangerousness
Also, they weigh the proven aggravating factors against the mitigating factors

Sadly, two people thought "substance abuse issues" coupled with various and sundry other BS excuses outweighed the murder; torture-severe physical abuse; lack of remorse; obstruction and planning and premeditation aggravators. The lack of "future dangerousness" being on the table meant they could feel confident that showing him mercy and letting him live would not put others in danger of being killed or abused at his hands. Had they been forced to consider that BC still constituted a threat to others, maybe they would have felt differently......

Ok, since BC has a knowledge of science, do you think that he could have used the disposal method of promession?

It consists of freezing the body with liquid nitrogen, vibrating it into small particles, then freeze drying it so that a dry powder remains.

Last edited:
all details in Aaron Eades notes, you have them.
Michelle returned at 5pm on Sunday. Body was allegedly gone by then but the bag, containing 'something' was still there.
So did Michelle say how long he was gone with the bag anywhere in her interviews? 5 mins, 1 hr? Where did TB live if he was "delivering" the cat tree and did MZ query why he didn't return with the empty bag?

lets start with Trunk going to see them and follow up from there.
We know the story now re dogs and how it works.
He is already pretty well profiled- the laziest liar on the planet, had ambitions to be a serial killer, may actually be a serial killer so it stands to reason he would have kept trophies, ergo convenient to his residence, meaning close..

Unless somebody can give them substantial funds, like a million or two, I'd hold back for now.
They're not lost, they're getting support while in USA from Chinese community.
It could well be considered rude to try bypassing whatever they have at present...

Small steps.
We cannot go bawling for a search until they have turned us down flat.
They have not.
|They may well and its likely.

Until that actually happens, we wait.
If the family are somehow going to receive the $250k x 2 that the judge ruled on, the family may well search themselves. Therefore, any search efforts should be coordinated with the family IMO.

There was one that wasn't proven: future dangerousness
Also, they weigh the proven aggravating factors against the mitigating factors

Sadly, two people thought "substance abuse issues" coupled with various and sundry other BS excuses outweighed the murder; torture-severe physical abuse; lack of remorse; obstruction and planning and premeditation aggravators. The lack of "future dangerousness" being on the table meant they could feel confident that showing him mercy and letting him live would not put others in danger of being killed or abused at his hands. Had they been forced to consider that BC still constituted a threat to others, maybe they would have felt differently......
The jury couldn't even agree on LWOP. They couldn't get a unanimous verdict on either death or LWOP based on the document up thread. It seems that some were just immovable with their decisions. Perhaps some thought he should have a parole option. Very strange.

The jury couldn't even agree on LWOP. They couldn't get a unanimous verdict on either death or LWOP based on the document up thread. It seems that some were just immovable with their decisions. Perhaps some thought he should have a parole option. Very strange.
They couldn’t agree on LWOP only because the majority wanted the DP. I see no reason to suspect that any of the jurors thought he should have a parole option.

They couldn’t agree on LWOP only because the majority wanted the DP. I see no reason to suspect that any of the jurors thought he should have a parole option.

They only had LWOP or death penalty on the form and 5 agreed there were mitigating factors according to the form. They could have chosen LWOP but didn't so we don't know what those 5 thought. For some reason they didn't choose LWOP either, so I am guessing they thought he should have parole, (my guess may be wrong but I am entitled to speculate) whereas others wanted death penalty. Where you have that, usually there is some movement but there wasn't in this case, indicating both sides were immovable IMO.
For LWOP it wouldn't have to be unanimous would it ?

I think there has to be a limit to the so called mitigating factors jurors can fabricate in sentencing deliberations. You mean to tell me that as a juror, I can listen to all the facts and evidence presented by the state and the defense, read the jury's instructions, and then write in my verdict form :

"I think aliens abducted and mind-controlled the defendant, then dropped him off from the spaceship and made him kill. The defendant has no prior offenses, so it was the aliens."

There has to be limits , some standard, by which these juror-concocted "mitigating factors" are allowed or disallowed. Someone has to look at them to make sure they are reasonable.

It looks that way!
He had not imbibed alcohol on the day he killed her.
His obsession with serial killers commenced in 2016, followed by a down of his grades, he switched attention from academia to killing- FOR SPORT, FOR HIS OWN AMUSEMENT acc to Judge who should really have said this before rather than after the jury went to deliberate.

So did Michelle say how long he was gone with the bag anywhere in her interviews? 5 mins, 1 hr? Where did TB live if he was "delivering" the cat tree and did MZ query why he didn't return with the empty bag?
No, she did not.
She was working in the computer bedroom of their apartment on Monday when she saw him leave with the bag.
He told her he was going around to TB's place with a cat tree.
He or she did not say whether he walked or drove...
He told the police he may have left it on the sidewalk or the passenger side of the car,
The feds checked every store selling cat trees and examined footage of all cat tree purchasers and didn;t find him.
THAT is all that was presented in testimony.

We can assume he did not go around to tB's that afternoon.
It was michelle that informed TB about the cat tree that never existed, she asked BC in a recorded call about the thing later..

Ok, since BC has a knowledge of science, do you think that he could have used the disposal method of promession?

It consists of freezing the body with liquid nitrogen, vibrating it into small particles, then freeze drying it so that a dry powder remains.
No.
He wanted trophies,not powder and it would have ensued quite a lot of work and purchases for which no evidence exists.

Hi All, I've been following this sad case off and on, mostly at the beginning and recently. I find it very unusual that BC decided to not reveal the location of her remains despite the death penalty being on the table. Given that he admitted to the murder, why do you guys think that is? Is it a last form of some sick control over YY? A bargaining chip for the future? I know you all don't have the answers but interested in your thoughts.

If the family are somehow going to receive the $250k x 2 that the judge ruled on, the family may well search themselves. Therefore, any search efforts should be coordinated with the family IMO.
It's 250, 000$ x 3, not 2.
The last thing the family needs is a bunch of amateur do-gooders approaching them with an unproven theory only to dash their hopes when maybe nothing may be found.
We can, however approach LE who will not be wounded by our theories .

Hi All, I've been following this sad case off and on, mostly at the beginning and recently. I find it very unusual that BC decided to not reveal the location of her remains despite the death penalty being on the table. Given that he admitted to the murder, why do you guys think that is? Is it a last form of some sick control over YY? A bargaining chip for the future? I know you all don't have the answers but interested in your thoughts.
There's about 2 years and thousands of posts on our theories if you feel like a long read and have the time.
Mine is that he preserved her body with the intention of revisiting it like his idol Bundy. I believe he did that by managing to find a preservation method and location to keep it dry and safe from elements, a climate controlled environment...

Are we sure the $250 k x 3 go to the family? I heard the word "fine" not "restitution". The state has spent a ton on investigating, incarcerating him, and financing his trial.

I am inclined to think the monies from the fines go back to the state not to the Zhang family.

It's 250, 000$ x 3, not 2.
The last thing the family needs is a bunch of amateur do-gooders approaching them with an unproven theory only to dash their hopes when maybe nothing may be found.
We can, however approach LE who will not be wounded by our theories .

The fall out continues . . .

The Murder Of Yingying Zhang May Impact Enrollment Of Chinese Students At Illinois Universitites

Such a wishy-washy report, I wonder why they even bothered making it!
The student intake went down last year, slightly but rose again.
The outcome of the court case could actually affect it now though.

You have good theories. My theory is that he dismembered her and deposited various bags around the huge trash bins of his apartment complex.

The duffle bag had other evidence that he disposed off elsewhere but not far from his house.

That is my theory, not fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member