GUILTY IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #10 *Still Missing*

Discussion in 'Trials' started by liltexans, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

2. agilbe

agilbe Well-Known Member

I know the request was denied, but did he really think they would put him in medium security? I believe that is what the Tucson fed prison is. Also, is there a possibility, and this is where the science background might come in, he could he have disposed of her body with any types of chemicals that at this late date may have completely disintegrated everything including bone? The longer he waited the less, if any, there would be. Just some thoughts. JMO

roche.analisa likes this.
  3. kittythehare

The judge said the decision will be made by BPO, it may well g in his favor.
    There is no evidence that he dissolved her or purchased any materials that could be used to dissolve a corpse.
    The focus is on locating retrievable remains if we are to continue searching.
    His education was on psysics,not chemistry and not biology but that dissolved theory was fed to media sources again yesterday, unable to find source but it's not congruent with prosecution statement that search is continuing for her remains... I think they stopped searching a very long time ago..
    I wonder whether Crimestoppers have any information about ongoing, future or past searches?

pillywiggin, AnemoneBrown and agilbe like this.
  4. kittythehare

5. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

This isn’t the UK. Compassionate release has historically been rarely used here, and not as often here in the US as many think it should be, especially in the case of convictions for non-violent crime.

I do feel sometimes that some of the comments in this thread that are aimed at the system here in the US do not closely line up with what happens in the majority of cases here. Perhaps they do elsewhere, but I truly do not have any concerns that this convicted torturer and murderer given LWOP will ever walk the streets as a free man again.

6. JaneEyre

All of the above. We addressed this a couple of times earlier in the thread.

roche.analisa and Kittybunny like this.
  7. Webthrush

Webthrush Ohhh, and one more thing...

Can anyone explain how the civil case against BC proceeds…? Same lawyers involved or different lawyer teams? Similar to the guilt phase of the trial or a very different sort of proceeding? And will it be in Peoria or wherever he ends up incarcerated? Is it definitely a jury trial or possibly heard only by a judge? And I assume that now divulging YY’s whereabouts would have no effect on the civil case?

8. kittythehare

I'm not in the UK FYO.

It is rare but it does happen, actually.
    This Program Lets Sick, Old Prisoners Die At Home. Why Is It Rarely Used?

Frail, Old and Dying, but Their Only Way Out of Prison Is a Coffin

9. JaneEyre

roche.analisa and trunkizback like this.
  10. JaneEyre

I tagged Gitana earlier on one of our other legal questions. Since we haven’t heard from her, perhaps we should try @PrairieWind , a verified attorney.

11. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

We are way overdue for a new thread. I'll start one shortly and bring over the last several posts from this thread.

roche.analisa and JaneEyre like this.
  12. dm92

dm92 Well-Known Member

The jury found that all three statutory aggravators were proven by the government, and 4 of the 5 non-statutory ones were proven. The only that wasnt proven was future dangerousness. The jury form shows this. To consider them proven, each aggravator had to be unanimous -like with the final sentence of death, all 12 jurors had to agree an aggravator was proven. So, the two jurors who voted to spare his life ALSO agreed that he had killed her in cruel and depraved manner involving torture and severe physical abuse, lacked remorse, and obstructed by not revealing location of remains.

Alcohol and antidepressants, plus other BS excuses, were enough to outweigh all that in the minds of these two. Compassion like that under these circumstances isnt mercy. It's cruelty. They ought to be ashamed....

13. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This thread is closed. Please continue the discussion in Thread #11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.